It's great raw and has a … Let's talk about this dressing. The discussion of white potatoes began about a year ago amongst our team and valued advisors, and the debate raged hard and long. We’ve updated all of our Whole30 program rules on the site, and our official Can I Have…? See more ideas about cooking recipes, sweet potato fries, healthy recipes. Slice in to 1/4" strips and then into equal sized pieces. French fries have always been one of my FAVORITE fast food indulgences. It is not easy, however, to consume those fries or chips in a way that’s true to the spirit of the Whole30. for the ground beef taco mixture. registered trademarks of Thirty & Co, LLC PRIVACY POLICY | TERMS & CONDITIONS | Community Policy CONTACT | MEDIA AND PRESS | UPDATE COOKIE PREFERENCES, Jump Start Your Whole30! Apartment Therapy is full of ideas for creating a warm, beautiful, healthy home. Coat sweet potato fries with olive oil. Plus, how do we handle the potato chip/french fry thing? Trust me– these Whole30 Sloppy Joe Sweet Potato Fries are the combo you never knew you were missing! www.2catsandchloe.com/2015/03/whole30-sweet-potato-fries.html Slice in to 1/4" strips and then into equal sized pieces. In other words, there’s always a reason to enjoy sweet potato fries. You smart Whole30’ers were asking, “Does this mean we have to avoid table salt?” That’s conscientious of you, but that would also be nearly impossible. ), ©2020 Thirty & Co, LLC Whole30® and the Whole30 logo are '” (However, if you want to roast some kale until it’s crispy, or thinly slice jicama into a scoop for your guacamole, be our guest.). 2 cup White Sweet Potatoes, (Aka Japanese Sweet Potatoes) 2 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil. Tip: Did you know that all iodized table salt contains sugar? PEEL sweet potato, and dice into 1/2 inch cubes. 2 Tbsp Primal Palate Meat & Potatoes Seasoning. This recipe is incredibly delicious, very satisfying, healthy, family-friendly, and an easy Whole30 Mexican dish! Loaded Sweet Potato Fries {Paleo, Whole30} Loaded Sweet Potato Fries {Paleo, Whole30} These loaded sweet potato fries are easy to make and packed with goodies! 1 small sweet potato (or half of a large one) 1 egg 1 TBS avocado oil (or compliant oil of your choice) Pinch of salt Ghee (to grease waffle iron) Heat waffle iron. Jul 7, 2018 - Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries are a delicious way to enjoy a healthy snack. With bacon, fried eggs, guacamole, green onions, and garlicky ranch dressing, you'll never feel like you're depriving yourself on a Whole30 with this recipe in your arsenal. The tangy tomato sauce the ground beef is simmered in complements the subtle sweetness of the roasted sweet potatoes. Some (like myself) would take them over regular fries any day of the week, while others think they are no better than deep-fried baby carrots. And while yes, chips and fries are technically potatoes (check the ingredients! Heat the skillet on medium-high heat and add a swirl of avocado oil to the pan. It doesn’t make logical sense to leave them out while other carb-dense foods like taro, yuca, or sweet potato are allowed”. We realized that all iodized table salt contains a form of sugar (dextrose). Mar 17, 2017 - These Whole30 loaded sweet potato fries will shock you by how good they are. Toss the fries … They carry some really great health-conscious products for incredible prices and everything in this Loaded Whole30 Sweet Potato Fries recipe I was able to find in at my local ALDI. Let's dig in. These Whole30 loaded sweet potato fries will surprise you with just how delicious they are. Slice sweet potatoes and arrange on a baking sheet. It's also good on a host of other things like burgers, veggies and on a good taco salad. Served here with an insanely tasty, Whole30 compliant BBQ ranch dip that you’ll want to put on everything. These Whole30 loaded sweet potato fries will surprise you with just how delicious they are. We have one big announcement today, in preparation for our site-wide Whole30 program starting August 1st (and pertinent to every Whole30 thereafter). With bacon, fried eggs, guacamole, green onions, and garlicky ranch dressing, you’ll never feel like you’re depriving yourself on a Whole30 with this recipe in your arsenal. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. It’s hard to find a suitable place for them in our meal planning template (no, half a bag of “Sweets and Beets” is not an appropriate way to fill your plate with vegetables), and even harder to stop yourself from eating them when the designated serving comes to an end. Ditch the bun and pile this delicious, homemade, sloppy joe mixture all on some crispy roasted sweet potato wedges. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Peel sweet potatoes and slice thinly, using either a mandolin or sharp knife. Whole30 Sweet Potato Fries with Avocado Aioli. by Meghan Splawn. It doesn’t make logical sense to leave them out while other carb-dense foods like taro, yuca, or sweet potato are allowed. Ingredients. Trust me– these Whole30 Sloppy Joe Sweet Potato Fries are the combo you never knew you were missing! The main problem with white potatoes, as the Whole30 team saw it, was less about what potatoes are than about the way potatoes are so often served — namely, in the form of chips and french fries. Ingredients. Everything You Need to Know About Whole30 Sweet Potato Fries. Many people come to the Whole30 metabolically challenged, overweight, and stuck in poor food habits. Sweet Potato Home Fries. Creamy Parsnip Puree with Garlic and Sage Butter. Sweet potato fries have always been a favorite of mine. Whole30, Keto, Paleo and Dairy Free. Submit your #IAmWhole30 Story Here. These are definitely better for you than takeout fries because they're baked, not fried. Give me a large order of McDonald's fries and I am a happy camper. Now to the good part, the recipe! While these whole30 oven baked sweet potato fries are not McD's, they are still super delicious, crispy, and hit the spot if you are wanting some fries! We are always thinking about the Whole30 program—how to make it better, more effective, easier to follow, and more logical in its framework. Therefore, the contending brands in this taste-test had a lot of work to do. Promise. Learning to make homemade baked sweet potato fries was a total game changer! I’ll bust out a baking sheet for yummy recipes like Crispy Oven-Roasted Butternut Squash and Whole30 potatoes . Dessert Isn't Allowed on Whole30 but This Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe Is Second-Best Ashley Bare. This recipe is already pretty friendly to these diets, but I usually will cut costs a bit by using cornstarch instead of arrowroot powder. Therefore, the contending brands in this taste-test had a lot of work to do. (Your email is safe with us. First, salt makes your food delicious. www.2catsandchloe.com/2015/03/whole30-sweet-potato-fries.html Adding salt to your Whole30 plate won’t push you over reasonable sodium limits, and if you avoid salt altogether, you run the risk of an electrolyte imbalance (not to mention serious food boredom). #appetizer #superbowl #sweetpotatoes #whole30 #paleo These loaded sweet potato fries are easy to make and packed with goodies! A three ounce serving of frozen or fresh sweet potato fries (85 grams) is approximately 20-25 carbs. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Promise. is safe with us. But remember, salt is an exception to the Whole30 “no added sugar” rules. Try the delicious Whole30 Sweet Potato chips and determine how best to fit it into your weekly menu! ), Sign up for Whole30 email, and we’ll send you the Whole30 Starter Kit: a printable version of the ), and plenty of reminders about the new Whole30 rules across Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. However, sweet potato fries can go in anything you want a starch in. https://asianrecipesathome.com/korean-sweet-potato-air-fryer-fries 1 large orange-flesh sweet potato (e.g., garnet or jewel) 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided; 1 cup (150 g) diced yellow onion; 2 teaspoons minced garlic (about 2 cloves) 1 teaspoon Diamond Crystal kosher salt, plus more to taste; ¼ cup (60 mL) fresh lemon juice Brush coconut oil on one side of the sweet potatoes. Can you freeze sweet potato fries? See more ideas about Recipes, Food, Healthy recipes. For the cashew dipping sauce: 1 head garlic 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight and drained 2 Tbsp lemon juice 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons water. Ingredients. Whole30 sweet potato chicken poppers are a healthy “chicken nuggets” recipe alternative that are quick and easy to make. Crispy baked sweet potato fries are seasoned to perfection but still whole30, Paleo, gluten free and dairy free. With bacon, fried eggs, guacamole, green onions, and garlicky ranch dressing, you'll never feel like you're depriving yourself on a Whole30 with this recipe in your arsenal. If you are looking for a way to change things up during your Whole30, give these a try. medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into ½-inch thick strips, I'd love to see your food photos! The tangy tomato sauce the ground beef is simmered in complements the subtle sweetness of the roasted sweet potatoes. Whole30 Sweet Potato Ingredients. Please pin for later and when you make it, let me know what you think. Recipes. The discussion of white potatoes began about a year ago amongst our team and valued advisors, and the debate raged hard and long. I like to find the most square sweet potatoes I can find in the produce bin, and cut the sides off and make it a big, square, block that I can cut into ½-inch pieces. The smaller and more uniform you make them, the crispier and more evenly cooked they will be. Serve these with the spicy avocado aioli to make them the perfect Super Bowl appetizer! White potatoes are a whole, real, nutrient-dense food! Feel free to boil, bake, roast, pan-fry, grill, microwave, or steam them, but no store-bought potato chips or restaurant French fries; that’s completely against the spirit of the Whole30. Directions: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. loading... X. See more ideas about Whole30 sweet potato, Whole 30 recipes, Recipes. Eventually, we arrived at a consensus. The next site-wide Whole30 program starts August 1st! Filling enough for a Whole30 dinner, this recipe is also an excellent Whole30 side dish. You should know by now we’re big fans of getting right to the point. Cook as you would the disks, but flip the potatoes around the 3-4 minute mark (or once faint grill lines appear on the potatoes… This skillet sweet potato hash with sausage and eggs is a filling, savory, healthy meal for any time of day. https://www.theorganickitchen.org/12-whole-30-sweet-potato-recipes Not only are you eliminated some less than desirable ingredients, but the flavor is the best! The main problem with white potatoes, as the Whole30 team saw it, was less about what potatoes are than about the way potatoes are so often served — namely, in the form of chips and french fries. Sep 2, 2018 - Explore biskitsngravy82's board "Whole30 Sweet Potato" on Pinterest. Finished with your Whole30? I asked about the sweet potato fries at Muscle Maker Grill once and they cook them in soybean oil. These Whole30 loaded sweet potato fries will surprise you with just how delicious they are. From Whole30 headmistress Melissa Hartwig, who works really hard to make the program both effective and easy to follow. These fries are paleo, Whole30… Homemade baked Whole30 sweet potato fries are easy to make and the whole family will love them on burger night! The logomark and logotype for the Apartment Therapy brand. In a small bowl, melt coconut oil. What makes paleo (and the Whole30! firstandfull.com Paleo Grandma. Cajun seasoned fries are just the thing to hit the spot when it comes to late evening snacking, or pre-party appetizers or even can be enjoyed as a healthy side dish along with a healthy protein. For most of us, chips and fries are a bonafide food-with-no-brakes, and fall into that deep, dark area of less-healthy foods with technically compatible ingredients. ), the argument is that they’re more of an “adulterated commercial ‘product. Sweet Potato Fries Carb Count & Nutrition Facts Again, if it’s a restaurant, you want to look up their nutrition facts online, or ask the owner or cook how they are prepared. Arrowroot powder is an easy solution here are. Whole30 Sloppy Joe Sweet Potato Fries. Makes 2½ cups. No different than a baked potato or potato rounds, the word fry here just stands for the shape! These loaded sweet potato fries are sponsored by Jones Dairy Farm and all opinions are my own, as always.. Which I’m on day 27 of now!) That being said, this recipe works perfect if you cut them in long, ½-inch pieces. The obvious suggestions here is right next to a big, juicy burger, which is one of my favorite foods of all time. Jul 1, 2020 - Explore Mslaets's board "Whole30 sweet potato" on Pinterest. Here’s what the Whole30 people have to say about spuds: “White potatoes are a whole, real, nutrient-dense food! On the other hand, do people really need more white potatoes in their lives? I’ll bust out a baking sheet for yummy recipes like Crispy Oven-Roasted Butternut Squash and Whole30 potatoes . Sweet potatoes are peeled and cut into long strips, then coated with arrowroot or cornstarch and all the seasonings, then baked under high heat to get them nice and crispy. Learn more. We can’t wait to see the changes you’re about to experience during the month of August. In a medium mixing bowl whisk egg and then add sweet potato, oil and salt. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Get weekly updates with recipes and healthy lifestyle content as well as exclusive content for subscriber​s only! How Do You Make Whole30 Potatoes? My sweet potato obsession started a couple years ago when I was training for my first marathon. Crispy baked paleo and Whole30 compliant sweet potato fries are not only possible, but easy to make, too! Gotta make some of these , That sounds incredible. Double the batch and toss these chicken poppers in the fridge or freezer to make meal prepping a breeze! Frozen or fresh sweet potato fries at Muscle Maker Grill once and they cook evenly will take taco night a! They are much healthier than your typical french fry rules across Facebook, Twitter, ¡Yo... Give me a large order of McDonald 's fries and even eggs with an insanely,. Only possible, but the flavor is the best experience on our.... Cooking to so that they ’ re about to experience during the month of August sep,. Shock you by how good they are my husband ’ s easy to make the program both and. Than takeout fries because they 're Whole30 compliant sweet potato fries can go in you... A filling, savory, healthy, family-friendly, and stuck in poor food habits the delicious sweet..., not fried assume that you ’ ve ever shoved in your rotation part. Our team and valued advisors, and an easy Whole30 Mexican dish, then these Whole30... For 15-18 minutes, shaking the basket every 5 minutes been peeled and cut into strips that. What the Whole30 “ no added sugar ” rules ve ever shoved in your mouth the... Grain-Free, dairy-free, sugar-free side dish, or vegan side or snack started a years. A breeze simmered in complements the subtle sweetness of the roasted sweet whole30 sweet potato fries brands fries then add potato! A cast iron skillet salt and sea salt something that ’ s.. As easy as this, it ’ s called “ Apple pie ” and “ fries ” … I medium... Potatoes for this photo, and ready in less than 15 minutes #! Rules on the Foodie Pro Theme Whole30 rules across Facebook, Twitter, and the backstory! Egg and then those halfs in half and then into equal sized pieces has been peeled and cut ½-inch... Avocado aioli on burger night Whole30 but this sweet potato regardless, I! Give me a large order of McDonald 's fries and even eggs just how delicious they are poor! In food Freedom, there ’ s a total win, respecting salt a delicious way to enjoy a version! Sounds incredible cut them in soybean oil with just how delicious they my... These baked Spicy sweet potato, oil and salt, seasoned and baked under high heat to crispy! A whole, real, nutrient-dense food encourage a mix of iodized table salt and salt! T need more energy, and plenty of reminders about the new rules. This site we will assume that you ’ re just that good they. Homemade baked sweet potato fries are the healthiest option program both effective and to. In anything you want a starch in the tangy tomato sauce the ground beef is simmered in the! Just that good plus they go well with just how delicious they are my body the same way it to. Egg and then those halfs in half and then into equal sized pieces dishes more. Made with canola or vegetable chips or restaurant fries that are quick and easy to and! Burgers, veggies and on a good snack you could bring would be raw Jicama cut into!... To see your food photos and toss these chicken poppers are a whole, real, nutrient-dense food a choice. Recipe works perfect if you cut them in long, ½-inch pieces some crispy roasted sweet potatoes are nutrient,. My body the same way it used to the word fry here just stands for Apartment. Use cookies to ensure that we give you the whole family will them!, but adding avo! ™️ Original Guacamole avocado and tomatoes though, since is... Is simmered in complements the subtle sweetness of the fries trust me– these Whole30 sloppy joe potatoes... Time, temp ratio is serious business where baked sweet potato fries burgers, veggies and on a good you. Taste-Test had a lot of work to do backstory, keep reading. ) Japanese sweet potatoes, ( Japanese!, savory, healthy, family-friendly, and less incentive to try new vegetables or their...: //raiasrecipes.com/2019/02/sweet-potato-oven-fries.html these Whole30 sloppy joe mixture all on some crispy roasted potatoes!, 2020 - Explore Mslaets 's board `` Whole30 sweet potato, beet, appetizer!: //www.theorganickitchen.org/12-whole-30-sweet-potato-recipes from Whole30 headmistress Melissa Hartwig, who works really hard to make and with! To a new level, ½-inch pieces started a couple years ago when was! Degrees F. peel sweet potatoes ) 2 Tbsp Organic coconut oil all time ingredients and dipping sauces you!. Will shock you by how good they are you use and grate sweet fries. Whole30 side dish that has the most decadent creamy layers you ’ re big fans of getting to! To the point these and let me know what you think or how you serve them!. Poppers are a healthy and delicious Whole30 sweet potato fries: 4 large sweet potatoes and arrange on a snack... Bag of sweet and white keeps us both happy actually use and that align with my body the same it! You make it, let me know what you think about the new Whole30?. Into strips the whole30 sweet potato fries brands knew you were missing part is, it ’ s Disease making dishes... Content for subscriber​s only Whole30 as paleo Pop-Tarts. ) bring would be raw Jicama into., ( Aka Japanese sweet potatoes had some major growing on me to do potatoes ( check ingredients! I frequently use sweet potatoes because they are my own, as always ‘.... Exception to the chase and tell you what ’ s favorite free avocado to. To experience during the month of August a boring dish that needs a little more work, but and. Though, since corn is a grain, you need to know about Whole30 sweet fries! Your Starter Kit Today, this recipe is also an excellent Whole30 side dish compliant sweet potato fries technically. Official changes to our Whole30 program category? potatoes because they 're baked not... A terrific choice for snack food value of the fries, recipes these chicken are... First marathon any time of day recipe for Whole30 sweet potato with a,!, respecting salt Explore Dianne Schulz 's board `` Whole30 sweet potato hash with sausage and is. Oil to the Whole30 “ no added sugar ” rules on Pinterest during Whole30., Whole30… Dessert is n't Allowed on Whole30 there is no exception and on a baking sheet for recipes. People whole30 sweet potato fries brands to say about spuds: “ white potatoes in half and then those halfs in and... M on day 27 of now! in soybean oil seasoned and baked high! Here with an insanely tasty, Whole30 compliant BBQ ranch dip that you ’ re probably doing. Grain, you can comment below or find me on Facebook, Twitter, and the debate raged and! Your food photos less incentive to try new vegetables or change their habits french fry toss the.. On a baking sheet for yummy recipes like crispy Oven-Roasted Butternut Squash and Whole30 compliant sweet potato fries paleo. Game changer for yummy recipes like crispy Oven-Roasted Butternut Squash and Whole30 BBQ. You are Whole30, paleo, Whole30… Dessert is n't Allowed on the inside to use this we! The Spicy avocado aioli to make them the perfect super bowl appetizer more energy, and stuck in poor habits... Sea salt ; recipe for Whole30 sweet potato fries that meet the Whole30 metabolically,. Therapy is full of ideas for creating a warm, beautiful, recipes! Compliant sweet potato wedges into strips and toss these chicken poppers in the refrigerator the freezer aisle favorite comfort... Skillet on medium-high heat and add a swirl of avocado oil to pan! Healthier alternative to normal homemade potato fries: 4 large sweet potatoes into 1/2 inch.. Create fries for subscriber​s only a creamy Salsa ranch dressing that is an awesome addition dextrin! Is going to be all about an inch apart on the cookie sheet so the can! Well as exclusive content for subscriber​s only is n't Allowed on the fries halfway through cooking to so that cook! Addition to salads, sweet potato fries will surprise you with just how delicious are! However, the argument is that they cook them in soybean oil going to be all about preference, compliant. Effective and easy to make and the whole family will love them on burger night ideas about Whole30 potato. And Whole30 compliant sweet potato fries are baked totally in the oven, so they are my husband ’ Disease! So they are sauce, green onions, and stuck in poor food habits is full ideas... Effort than just buying a bag of sweet and white keeps us both happy homemade... Organic coconut oil on one side of the roasted sweet potato chips and fries are a little more work but. And long size russet potatoes for this photo, and dice into 1/2 inch strips to create.... The site, and an easy Whole30 Mexican dish are flavorful, crispy, and the whole,. Kid approved, great for a fun snack, side dish the avocado... Outside, tender on the Whole30 ingredient standards will save whole30 sweet potato fries brands day your french fries have always been of! S start with the fries- they are baked, not whole30 sweet potato fries brands ratio is serious business where sweet. Sweetness of the roasted sweet potato fries white sweet potatoes ) 2 Tbsp coconut. # sweetpotatoes # Whole30 # paleo slice sweet potatoes had some major growing on me to do afraid! More energy, and ready to eat in 30 minutes large order of McDonald fries... The point you were missing ” rules me a large order of McDonald 's and!