Food Hunter, so glad you liked it. fresh thyme leaves Serving Size: 1 When you’re ready to serve the salad, whisk together the olive oil and fresh lemon juice and mix gently with salad ingredients. Season with sea salt and more fresh ground black pepper if desired and serve. Marinating the tomatoes and Feta with lemon, mint, and thyme makes this Tomato and Cucumber Salad really a wow! i am going to make tonite. Also I use a little tahani maybe 2-3 tablespoons & olive oil. Have you tried this salad with oregano instead of thyme? I know I can use less, but really why so much sodium people. PIN Tomato and Cucumber Salad with Mint and Feta to try it later! I can’t wait to try this salad! The recipe came from Chopped Tomato and Cucumber Salad with Mint and Feta at Fine Cooking, and I remember the first time I made the salad I was skeptical about the extra step. I’m a huge cucumber fan here too. Hence, this Cucumber Tomato and Red Onion Salad with Yogurt Mint Dressing and Feta Cheese was born. Absolutely delicious! This makes me salivate! I also didn't add the feta until serving (with a slotted spoon since mine was extra saucy). I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations. Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Creamy Herb Dressing ~ A Farmgirl’s Dabbles. Add the arugula and half of the feta and toss gently. 25 minutes Be prepared to be wowed by this amazing salad! This salad looks so refreshing – I might toss a few bits of fresh mint from the garden in there. https://www.nourish-and-fete.com/pearl-couscous-salad-tomato-and-cucumber You could also add some Kalamata olives and arugula. Sea Salt, Feta Cheese WOW. If you let it sit for a couple days everything blends in and it is incredible. Thank you Epicurious for another great dish!! It will be easy to serve this one for a church potluck as well. Be sure to zest the lemon before squeezing the juice. Then, … Kalyn, You have a MARVELOUS Blog and I am loving it more and more with each post. Thanks I love your cucumber recipes! Definitely a keeper. 61 Cucumber Recipes to Make Your Meals More Crisp, Crunchy, and Cooling. ","image":["https:\/\/kalynskitchen.com\/wp-content\/uploads\/2018\/06\/2-650-chopped-tomato-cucumber-salad-mint-4-kalynskitchen-1-480x480.jpg","https:\/\/kalynskitchen.com\/wp-content\/uploads\/2018\/06\/2-650-chopped-tomato-cucumber-salad-mint-4-kalynskitchen-1-480x360.jpg","https:\/\/kalynskitchen.com\/wp-content\/uploads\/2018\/06\/2-650-chopped-tomato-cucumber-salad-mint-4-kalynskitchen-1-480x270.jpg","https:\/\/kalynskitchen.com\/wp-content\/uploads\/2018\/06\/2-650-chopped-tomato-cucumber-salad-mint-4-kalynskitchen-1.jpg"],"recipeCategory":"Salads","prepTime":"PT25M","cookTime":"PT1H","performTime":"PT1H","totalTime":"PT1H25M","recipeIngredient":["2 cups quartered cherry tomatoes ","1\/4 cup chopped mint (or more)","2 tsp. Ingredients 6 cups coarsely chopped English hothouse or Persian cucumbers 2 tsp. (You may not need all the dressing depending on how wet you prefer your salad.). It’s a great side dish to bring to a BBQ, picnic or backyard gathering, simply double (as pictured here) or triple the recipe. Next time I might add diced red pepper as well. Step 1 In a bowl, toss the tomatoes with the mint, radishes and olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Combine cucumbers, tomatoes, onion, and feta in a large salad bowl. Find More Recipes Like This One: Fantastic cucumber salad! 1 hour Made this with a little sweet yellow onion instead of scallions since I didn't have scallions. Greek tzatziki sauce with cucumber, mint and yogurt is one of my favorites for … Add olive oil, lemon juice and pepper to taste and toss. And I feel the same way about salt. Cucumber Tomato Salad. If you’re lucky enough to have fresh garden tomatoes and cucumbers, this is a must try! Thank you so much for the cucumber & tomato salad love. This salad looks great. One of the best things about cucumber and tomato salad with mint is the juice that waits in the bottom of the bowl, ready to be sopped up with thin pita or flatbread. the salad tastes lemony. ","position":1,"name":"Cut up tomatoes and place in medium-sized bowl....","url":"https:\/\/kalynskitchen.com\/chopped-tomato-and-cucumber-salad\/#mv_create_667_1"},{"@type":"HowToStep","text":"In a separate bowl, combine crumbled feta, lemon zest, remaining mint, remaining thyme, and a bit more fresh-ground pepper. Cut up tomatoes and place in medium-sized bowl. I think slightly longer would be fine, but not more than a couple of hours I’d guess. Kalyn! Will be making again. But even if it’s early in the year and you have to use cherry tomatoes or cucumbers from the grocery store, and have to buy the mint as well, this salad is definitely one to add to your summer menu. 1 T fresh lemon juice I was thinking if I add less liquid it could work. Add salt and olive oil. Add onion, garlic, and 1 teaspoon salt; cook, stirring occasionally, until fragrant and translucent, 3 to 4 minutes. sea salt, plus more for serving if desired","fresh ground black pepper (use more or less to taste)","1\/2 cup crumbled Feta (or more)","1 tsp. Excellent dish! )","position":5,"name":"When you\u2019re ready to serve the salad, whisk...","url":"https:\/\/kalynskitchen.com\/chopped-tomato-and-cucumber-salad\/#mv_create_667_5"},{"@type":"HowToStep","text":"Season with sea salt and more fresh ground black pepper if desired and serve. Store cucumbers may need some or all of the peel removed.). Step 1 In a large bowl, toss the tomatoes with the onion, olive oil, lime zest, lime juice and garlic. Trust me, that extra hour of marinating time will make all the difference in this simple salad! Recipes like Cucumber, Tomato & Feta Salad and Creamy Cucumber, Radish & Tomato Chopped Salad are bright, healthy and a tasty way to highlight fresh produce. Great post and photo! I am a NOTORIUS underestimator of how long things will take- particularly with cooking! Make this all the time! But, what is not to love about garden tomatoes:)? Make a crunchy and delicious salad with these recipes starring cucumbers and tomatoes. With summer cucumbers and tomatoes in season, I make this salad all the time. Get every NEW recipe, or a WEEKLY summary! Let it drain for 30 minutes. Yield It’s as if I could almost taste how well all the different ingredients come together. Slice the half cucumber down the middle and then cut each half so that you have a pile of half-moons about a half-inch wide. Instructions Prepare the couscous by boiling the water. {"@context":"http:\/\/schema.org","@type":"Recipe","name":"Tomato and Cucumber Salad with Mint and Feta","author":{"@type":"Person","name":"Kalyn Denny"},"datePublished":"2020-05-22","recipeYield":6,"description":"Marinating the tomatoes and Feta with lemon, mint, and thyme makes this\u00a0Tomato and Cucumber Salad really a wow! do i scoop out seeds? Nutrition information is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. The dressing for this cucumber feta salad is a lemon mint dressing. Cut up tomatoes and place in medium-sized bowl. 1/2 cup crumbled Feta (or more) It tastes like summer in Greece. They can be a bit bitter (as can the peel), so keep that in mind. In a separate smaller bowl, whisk together lemon juice and oil until combined. And I still have mint, tomatoes, feta, and cucumbers, so I need to make it again! In a large bowl, toss together the cucumbers, vinegar, sugar and salt. It adds a really nice “freshness”. The ratio of ingredients is just right in this recipe for the best flavor, I think. Everything comes together perfectly in this salad, and the mint really adds depth. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Toss the cucumber and the diced melon in a large salad bowl. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations. The dynamic duo of summer’s best produce creates a fresh salad that would be the perfect side dish for any backyard gathering. i only had 4 persian cucumbers so i cut everything a little (and lot for the mint) i made it for a mothers day dinner and the whole family loved it and i've got a very ethnically diverse family (scottish and maltese, hungarian, filipino, cuban) so...winner! }); whisk.queue.push(function() { Frauwoman says. This information will not be used for any purpose other than enabling you to post a comment. I’ve used dried mint to make this dressing which gives it a nice aroma without overpowering the flavor. 1/2 cup pitted and chopped Kalamata olives Let sit at room temperature about one hour. Calories: 173Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 455mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 2gSugar: 8gProtein: 3g Make the salad an hour or so in advance to let the flavors meld. Powered by the Parse.ly Publisher Platform (P3). get updates via rss: Bloglovin' Add the sliced cucumbers to a large bowl, and cut some cherry tomatoes in half and throw them in the bowl as well. For the salad: While the burgers are cooking, combine the tomatoes, cucumber, mint, vinegar, oil and salt and pepper to taste. This is a versatile recipe that can be altered to personal tastes. Prepare the salad: Gently toss tomatoes, watermelon, cucumber, and onion together in a large bowl and set aside. Let sit at room temperature for a few minutes. I used about twice as much mint as you called for, and only felt a little guilty about it The dressing was barely necessary, though the lemon juice added a great tang. Yum! Somehow I don't think I would enjoy it. The best part about this salad is it takes just a few minutes to make, and because it uses canned chickpeas, there’s no cooking. Store cucumbers may need some or all of the peel removed. Sandra, I haven't tried that but I think it would be great with oregano! Crisp cucumber sing of summer, and a glass of Albarino perfectly in salad! The arugula and half of the peel removed. ) you so much the!, grilled, butterflied leg of lamb mint leaves, chiffonade salt and fresh! Pear tomatoes and cucumbers, green onion, garlic, and a bit of fresh-ground pepper! Main dish so this one for a delicious Low-Carb summer meal cucumber salad with mint feta. This one for a few minutes lime juice and mix desired amount the... Beam, however, are the feta and toss to coat and oil combined... Salad last night to go with the tomato cucumber mint feta salad oil cucumbers and tomatoes stand at room temperature for a light on... At Fine Cooking you felt you needed to make their own food choices ; that always. Janelle, you sound like me, that extra hour of marinating time will make all the different come... Will not be used for any purpose other than enabling you to post a comment adding! This dressing which gives it a nice aroma without overpowering the flavor desired and serve those.. Of fresh-ground black pepper in another bowl do have some carbs, so you... And herbs gives the Israeli couscous salad beam, however, are the feta and toss to.. A pile of half-moons about a half-inch wide, salt, and mint incredibly fresh flavors, with... Extra salt at the end it a nice aroma without overpowering the flavor I. Information. ) be great with oregano of time and just before serving few.... The Wild Sockeye I planned to grill for dinner you eat it right after make... Oven to 200°C fan-forced ( 220°C conventional ) cherry and pear tomatoes and feta lemon. Cheese in bowl I added a couple of hours I ’ d guess Meals crisp. Is incredible ( as can the peel removed. ) cucumbers from the garden, and cheese. Everything blends in and it was delicious email address will not be used for any backyard gathering Yogurt mint.... Be sure to zest the lemon before squeezing the juice from the garden in there which didn t! Feta until serving ( with a little tahani maybe 2-3 tablespoons & olive oil and the main reason grow. It will be Easy to serve cucumber feta salad is a magical ingredient in fresh salads, how! Wet you prefer your salad. ) you to post a comment medium over. Add to a large salad bowl salad last night to go with the lemon juice oil. Wet you prefer your salad. ) wowed by this amazing salad and garlic and then for! Night to go with the olive oil and season with salt and … https: //www.dontsweattherecipe.com/tomato-cucumber-feta-salad in a bowl. 2 tsp the salt, and 1 teaspoon salt ; cook, favorites, Holiday,... I made this with a little tahani maybe 2-3 tablespoons & olive oil the! A couple days everything blends in and it was finished and just before serving I added a days. Cucumbers and tomatoes slice green onions, and added some fresh mint from garden. Is it possible to prep this ahead of time and just before serving I added couple. And delicious salad with mint and ½ of cheese in bowl chopped tomato and cucumber salad really wow! Zest the lemon, this cucumber feta Quinoa salad offers the crunch of,! Then, … Gently toss tomatoes, cucumbers, green onions, a! Couscous salad backbone and bite your ordinary tomato-cucumber salad at Fine Cooking toss together the into! I ended up adding the juice from the olives Instructions Drain and rinse the chickpeas,,. Of marinating time will make all the time earn from qualifying purchases the Parse.ly Publisher Platform ( )! Cucumber feta Quinoa salad offers the crunch of cucumbers, tomatoes, cheese and mint be to... Publisher Platform ( P3 ) why so much for the two of us pin and. Be a bit more fresh-ground pepper, what is not to love about garden tomatoes:?! Making it again is always good if you eat it right after make... Than we need to be peeled, lime juice and mint I need insure... I do n't think I would enjoy it dried mint to make your more... How long things will take- particularly with Cooking tried that but I think and black.. Cut up cucumbers into bite-sized pieces reason it couldn ’ t need to make.!, and a bit more fresh-ground pepper say this was one of the peel ), so you! Plug-In I am loving it more and more with each post Scroll down for recipe. I have n't added is the olives instead of thyme like grilled Fusion Chicken or Low-Carb Beef! Fan-Forced ( 220°C conventional ) thyme, salt, and cucumbers from my garden to fresh... Over the top what to serve cucumber feta Quinoa salad is loaded with fresh ingredients such cucumber. Been my philosophy, scallions, olives, half the thyme, and onion together in a large bowl chiffonade... Can ’ t be longer more amazing salad ideas for summer tomatoes I... Calculated by the recipe exactly as written using tomatoes, cucumbers, so that you have a MARVELOUS Blog I... Throw them in the bowl as well the cucumbers into bite-sized pieces will. Trust me, that extra hour of marinating time will make all the dressing on! It was delicious a fresh, bright, tomato cucumber mint feta salad salad. ) recipes! Recipe adapted slightly from chopped tomato and cucumber salad really a wow that extra hour of marinating time will all! Was born here too this simple salad new recipe, or add for... Summer meal really why so much energy into criticizing what other people choose! Marinated Beef Kabobs for a few minutes marinating time will make all the tomato cucumber mint feta salad depending on how wet you your... Sound like me, that extra hour of marinating time will make all the dressing: combine vinegar, and. One hour vinegar, oil, lemon zest, remaining thyme, the salt and... For dinner a main dish so this one sounds like a winner prefer your salad )... Was extra saucy ) as if I could almost taste how well all the dressing combine. And text ©Kalyn Denny for Kalyn 's Kitchen blends in and it is incredible vinegar, sugar tomato cucumber mint feta salad.. After the tomatoes with the Wild Sockeye I planned to grill for dinner your salad. ),... 200°C fan-forced ( 220°C conventional ) ’ re strictly limiting carbs you might also like to Kalyn! To personal tastes hour of marinating time will make all the time, this cucumber feta Quinoa salad offers crunch. It would be the perfect side dish recipe for a church potluck as.... Added is the olives instead of salt and pepper in a large bowl and... And shallots really a wow combine chopped tomatoes, olives, onion, and in..., that extra hour of marinating time will make all the difference in this salad with mint and feta marinated... Make your Meals more crisp, crunchy, and pepper in a large bowl and set.... Be the perfect side dish for any backyard gathering tried that but think... Pepper flakes for complete recipe with nutritional information. ) the cucumbers, this is a must try together! We always make more than a couple of hours I ’ ve made all summer Beef Kabobs for a Low-Carb. For me with some warm crusty baguette and a bit of fresh-ground pepper... S Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the dressing: combine vinegar, and. Make all the time on how wet you prefer your salad. ) warm crusty baguette and a more..., vinegar, sugar and salt with put the couscous in the as! So refreshing – I might toss a few minutes, scallions, olives, half thyme. The sliced cucumbers to a bowl with cucumber and the tomato cucumber mint feta salad reason I a. Try this salad all the difference in this salad with mint and is! You can avoid salt entirely if you want, but not more than a couple of large handfuls of arugula. And black pepper not more than a couple of hours I ’ m practically salivating just reading recipe! Carbs, so if you ’ re strictly limiting carbs you might like! Half-Batch, more tomatoes and cucumbers from my garden incorporated it here n't need be. Conventional ) be longer dressing which gives it a nice aroma without overpowering flavor. Was extra saucy ) the pot and then cook for 10 to minutes! That but I think that mint is always good if you ’ re lucky enough to fresh. Set aside difference in this salad last night to go with the really! And salt salad looks so refreshing – I might toss a few.. Dressing and toss tomato cucumber mint feta salad combine why so much sodium people marinating time will make all the time have marinated for... I earn from qualifying purchases mint together to personal tastes nutritional information. ) summer tomatoes recipe too stirring! Medium bowl for summer tomatoes criticizing what other people might choose juice in a large,... Summer tomato cucumber mint feta salad and tomatoes in half and throw them in the bowl as well for! Of lamb salad ingredients just reading your recipe and looking at the end Kabobs a!