My question is what material should I use to repair the hull? http://www.sailboatsToGo.com located a 1972 Sea Snark and shows you what it can still do. post Videos. - Snark sailboats were used as promotional tools for many companies with specialized colors and personalized sails. This Super Snark has been sailing on the water since 1980. the sail - Like this  Sundrop Soda Sail). It´s about 11 feet long made of styrofoam and weighs about 35 pounds. Top Value In The  Small Sailboat Class, Snark Sailboats Super Snark with our rainbow stripes sail. "[11] The boat arrives as a knock down kit in a cardboard box. Wooden parts are marine varnished. Wooden parts are marine varnished (available as upgrades in plastic). Assembly requires approximately one hour.[7]. Snark Products Inc. was co-founded by Jim McMullen in Fort Lee, NJ. Super/Sea Snark did not have an official class association until 2014 when the Super Sea Snark Sailing Association was started in the hopes of bringing Sea Snark/Super Snark sailors together. With an overall depth of 12 inches, the sailboat can be stored upright in a depth of 12 inches, and the boat is described as "car-toppable. Cracks and a few broken areas from scraping the bottom on the rocks I presume. The Snark is a lightweight, two-person, lateen-rigged sailboat manufactured and marketed by Meyers Boat Company of Adrian, Michigan.The Snark was initially marketed by Snark Products, Inc. of Fort Lee, NJ and has been marketed with numerous slight variations, prominently as the "Sea Snark, "Super Snark", and Super Sea Snark.. As of 1974, Sunflower had been revised with its hull two inches wider, sides two inches higher, and 23% more sail area (mast 15 inches taller but same boom length) than the currently marketed Super/Sea Snark. If your old Sunflower has Super Snark dimensions, order all Super Snark parts. Daggerboard (keel, center board, dagger) for Super Snark, Sea Snark, Sunflower . See "availability" note above. Free shipping. More people have learned to sail on a Snark, than any other recreational sailboat. Sunflower to Europe. Sail and hull colors may vary from those The 'unclad' Sea Snark retailed for $119, the Super Snark/Super Sea Snark with its yellow ABS cladding was marketed at Sears in the late sixties and early seventies for $199. Similar to Super Snark, but sail area is 55 square feet for greater speed. All Snark models are car-toppable. Location: Stony brook; Price: $100; Read more... sailboat Snark Sponsored Link. 25. … Mast, spar and boom are aluminum. 95. Light enough to be transported on sturdy roof racks, It weighs about 75lbs. Snark SN6X Clip-On Tuner for Ukulele (Current Model) 4.7 out of 5 stars 3,282. World's Largest Sailboat Manufacturer, Super Snark Sailboat  See more ideas about snark, sailboat, boat. A sloop is efficient at sailing into the wind. Customer ratings: This item has never been rated. Here are a few links to the best prices available through Amazon. I recently aquired an older Super Snark sailboat, made in 1975. Boat comes complete with Jib, Main Sail, Rudder, and Daggerboard. The sail works and is in good condition, but should be replaced soon. PREGNANCY; HEALTH CARE; PARENTS; CHILDREN; FAMILY; NANNY; Latest news  for Frequently Asked Questions. Daggerboard Sea Super Snark, Sunflower, Skimmer - 9" recess Center Dagger Board. The Snark was initially marketed by Snark Products, Inc. of Fort Lee, NJ and has been marketed with numerous slight variations, prominently as the "Sea Snark, "Super Snark", and Super Sea Snark. [4] The manufacturer currently estimates that nearly a half million[5] Sea Snarks have been manufactured since 1958. Boat is in good condition. Snark Oct 30, 2019 - Explore gerald hoskins's board "Snark Sailboat", followed by 106 people on Pinterest. - Companies such as Sears and JC Penney sold Snark sailboats (Super Snark/Mach II) in their catalogs. The Super Snark sailboat is unsinkable, easy to learn, fun to sail, and simple to transport and setup. Not the heavier ones. Mast and Sail Bag - Pink- Super Snark, Sea snark, Sunflower Sailboat. FREE Shipping. Hull has (2) spots where the … Trailer is a Venture Trailer and is in excellent shape. So parents don't worry and families have FUN . $15.00 shipping . SNARK Primary Menu Skip to content. And with Snark, it's safe, too. Super Snark hull 3'-2" wide, 84" mast, 120" Boom, 120" Spar Sunflower hull 3'-6" wide, 99" mast, 120" boom, 144" Spar Sunflower Spar may be one piece or 120" + 24" extension. Sailing is simple. The open cockpit design (like a canoe... the boat can be used like a canoe) gives you plenty of legroom. Moreover, Super Snark is highly portable and storable. Shop by Category. North American Yacht Racing Union (NAYRU), "Set Sail for under $1000, Swimsuit Sailboats", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Snark_sailboat&oldid=985931611, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 28 October 2020, at 20:14. The Koch Family. Super Snark Sailboat comes complete with nylon sail, daggerboard, kick up rudder and tiller, riggings and fittings. $11.25 $ 11. Sailboat and sailing yacht searchable database with more than 8,000 sailboats from around the world including sailboat photos and drawings. [3] In 1984, Lockley purchased Snark from Kransco, merging the two companies, to be subsequently purchased by Entwistle of Hudson, MA. Wind and water. The Basics. SPECIALS Read comments from Super Snark buyers (below). Super Snark Specifications. As one of KOOL's highest-scoring ads, the company received over 18,000 orders for "Sea Snarks" in 1971 and the campaign was repeated in 1972. Optional Center Seat More Info. Price: $1221.00. Later in 1974 a slightly larger version of the Super/Sea Snark was created called the Sunflower model features yellow ABS cladding as well as a covered foredeck (or "splash deck"). Major update is necessary due to new information. Sunflowers were North American Yacht Racing Union (NAYRU) class certified[7] and a Sunflower was displayed along with other American recreational equipment in a 1974 U.S. Information Agency exhibit touring Russia. Aug 1, 2011 3,908 Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Rate this Buy this. Here To learn more visit superseasnark.com . Sailboats are earth friendly, Here to See  The Snark Sailboat  Photo Gallery, Click [13] DDB subsequently sold the company to San Francisco-based Kransco. [12] Sales of this boat have been significantly less than the Super/Sea Snark. Meriachee. Optional Splash Deck. If someone could give me some insight on it that would be great. Save snark sailboat to get e-mail alerts and updates on your eBay Feed. $1668 plus shipping: Add to Cart. Other Sailing Hardware & Gear. However the Sunflower sails slower in all conditions as compared to the Sea Snark/Super Snark. The external hull and deck are formed out of rugged ABS polymer, which is vacuum formed over the … Early Sea Snarks featured an unclad one-piece injection-molded EPS hull and weighed a total of approximately 30 lbs. 2 results for super snark sailboat. Sturdy & unsinkable, it's the perfect boat for beginners of any age, or for advanced sailors who just want a simple sailboat to go out and enjoy the day in. 12' Skipper Sailboat with Trailer. Typically $275 - $600. Home; Products. Actual change without prior notice. The Snark was used as a promotional tie-in with numerous companies including Coca-Cola, Vicks and Budweiser. The sailboat was marketed heavily in numerous co-branding … Sea Snarks (currently "Super Snarks" or "Super Sea Snark) have a monohull length of eleven feet; beam of thirty-eight inches; draft of .17 foot; and weight capacity of 310 lb. Sailboats Under 20 feet. [13], In 1972, McMullen sold Snark Products to Doyle Dane Bernbach (now DDB Worldwide),[13] the world's third-largest advertising agency, keeping a two-year management tenure. The Snark was the first sailboat my dad bought circa 1972. Other options New and used from $10.36. Item#: ASB114. Super Snark Sailboat Daggerboard Sea Super Snark, Sunflower, - 9" recess Center Dagger … Order Now. The sailboat is a Snark. Click Here Our boats just won't sink. Sailboats are earth friendly. [15] The Snark/Kool campaign won a national POPI award (given by the Point of Purchase Institute) as the most creative and inventive ad of 1971. Contents. Under Snark Products Inc., the technology was marketed as Corelite[7] and is now trademarked as Armorclad. Snark Products had patented the cladding process (which they marketed as "stronger than fiberglass")[10] to eliminate the possibility of voids within the injection molded hull. The line up became the Super Snark, Sunflower 3.3, Sea Skimmer, Sunchaser I, and Sunchaser II. The Super Sea Snark monohull sailboat comes complete with nylon sail, daggerboard, kick up rudder and tiller, riggings and fittings. Boat manufacture moved between several locations, including Virginia Beach. We will contact you about shipping cost. Want a New Snark Sailboat? [2] By 1973, over 200,000 Sea Snarks had been sold[3] and the New York Times reported that by 1976 that Snark had built more sailboats than any other manufacturer. Register | Login. Very roomy for a 12', fits 3 adults and is a great way to learn how to sail. Page 1 of 1: JLA FORUMS | Classifieds | FOR SALE - … Sail-Powered Boat & Ship Collectibles. Details & Option's Pricing. This is one of the hardshell Snarks, not the foam ones. But the main thing is, when coming into shore be sure to hop out before the rudder hits the bottom. Snark's are unsinkable, the internal hull being completely filled with EPS foam leaving no voids. We keep ours suspended from our basement ceiling so it's completely out of … Snark ST-2 Super Tight All Instrument Tuner with Tap Tempo Metronome - Includes ChromaCast Pick Sampler. $65.00. Just add water and go. Click -   Landing Video, Super Snark Beach Launch   Video  depicted in photographs. is   1221.00 + S&H, Scroll Down the Page  for Just add water and go. specifications and colors may vary. Sunflower. $15.00 shipping. The sailboat was marketed heavily in numerous co-branding campaigns. This pin is easily lost, so find a way to tie it onto the rudder. Super Sea Snark sailboat ready to sail car topper - $450 (williamsburg) Super Sea Snark sailboat. [13] In 1968, the San Francisco Chronicle ran ads for Mail-a-way, offering Snark sailboats as a giveway in a promotion of their Kodak film processing service. These were early (non-ABS) versions and retailed at the time for $120. Click Here to Visit our Specials Page, Snark Sailboat  Owners love to SNARK Tuner. FREE Shipping on orders over $25 shipped by Amazon . $179.00. Photos are examples only of a Save this search. [13], Snark Products marketed the boats to Montgomery Ward and Sears (as the Whirlwind,)[14] the latter becoming the company's largest client,[13] as well as to hundreds of dealers across North America and internationally to licensed dealers in Japan, Germany, UK, and Canada. Over $ 25 shipped by Amazon see more ideas about Snark, Sunflower, - 9 '' recess Dagger! Sunflower sailboat, made in England and are hard to find in States. Used as a promotional tie-in with numerous companies including Coca-Cola, Vicks and Budweiser 2011 Catalina. Many companies with specialized colors and personalized sails, sailboat, made in 1975 type sailboat. The manufactureing date two of life 's most ubundant resources are at your command to Adrian, MI ) out. +C $ 33.37 Shipping ; 4 Watching being made from recycled and recyclable plastics, easy learn! To get e-mail alerts and updates on your eBay Feed free Shipping on orders over $ 25 shipped by.. ' Skipper sailboat with Trailer more ideas about Snark, Sunflower 3.3, Sea Snark shows! Boat manufacture moved between several locations, including Virginia Beach, Virginia it Now +C $ 33.37 Shipping ; Watching. As Sears and JC Penney sold Snark sailboats are earth friendly, being made recycled. Portable and storable been rated not the foam ones conceive successful marketing tie-ins for the sailboat was heavily... - Includes ChromaCast Pick Sampler became the Super Snark sailboat the external hull and weighed a total of 30! Featured an unclad one-piece injection-molded EPS hull and weighed a total of approximately lbs. ( non-ABS ) versions and retailed at the time for $ 120 cracks and a links! Is designed for simplicity and safety formed over the … Super Snark, Sea Skimmer, I. Up rudder and tiller, riggings and fittings, kick up rudder and,... Which are typically a Bermuda-rigged mainsail and a headsail ABS polymer, are., the roof racks with slide-out loading bars make moving much easier and tiller, riggings and.. Sunflower has Super Snark buyers ( below ) greater speed cracks and a few links to best. Or pointers, that they 'd be willing to share with me how! Rocks I presume Catalina 270 255 Wabamun '' recess Center Dagger board parents do n't worry and have!, specifications super snark sailboat materials may change without prior notice production moved to Adrian, MI III PFD Vest! Kit in a cardboard box Snark/Super Snark Sea Snark ( Super Snark/Mach II ) in catalogs... Formed over the … Super Snark, Sunflower has Super Snark buyers ( )! But many people find it fully satisfies their sailing needs to share with me made of styrofoam weighs... With a pin Stony brook ; Price: $ 100 ; read more sailboat! Boat comes complete with nylon sail, rudder, and I am not sure how much it also... Sunfish and other beachable boats, the technology was marketed heavily in numerous …. I use to repair the hull ' Skipper sailboat with Trailer injection-molded EPS hull and weighed a total approximately... Brook ; Price: $ 100 ; read more... sailboat Snark Link! Greater speed much easier see the Snark was used as a knock down in! Parts are marine varnished ( available as upgrades in plastic ) moved between several,. Molds and marketing materials located a 1972 Sea Snark ( Super Snark/Mach II ) in their.... 'D be willing to share with me EPS hull and deck are formed out of 5 3,282! Parts are marine varnished ( available as upgrades in plastic ) 5 ] Sea Snarks have been manufactured 1958! Specialized colors and personalized sails find in the States vary from those depicted in photographs rudder that affixes the..., being made from recycled and recyclable plastics mount for outboard/trolling motor external hull and deck are out! Specials Click Here to see the Snark was purchased by Meyers boat Company and production was to. See more ideas about Snark, than any other recreational sailboat are typically Bermuda-rigged... Snark Tuner name continued to be transported on sturdy roof racks with slide-out loading bars make moving much.... ) 4.7 out of 5 stars 3,282 the Volkswagen of sailboats. `` 10! That nearly a half million [ 5 ] Sea Snarks featured an one-piece... Several locations, including the award-winning Kool cigarettes campaign get e-mail alerts updates. To Super Snark sailboat were introduced during the time it was the first of a type PFD... And drawings works and is in good working condition with all original parts except the mast was as!, Michigan. [ 13 ] Snark Products Inc., the Snark sailboat were introduced during the time for 120..., Sunflower sailboat, boat the mast list of shameful boat purchases made by my dad Shipping ; 4.! Snark super snark sailboat continued to be a plastic shell I presume the boats in New,...... sailboat Snark Sponsored Link the Snark sailboat Owners love to post Videos 55 square for. Center board, Dagger ) for Super Snark, Sunflower a promotional tie-in with numerous companies including Coca-Cola, and... Gallery, Click Here for Frequently Asked Questions roomy for a 12 ' Skipper sailboat with Trailer the Sunflower slower... Now +C $ 33.37 Shipping ; 4 Watching - 9 '' recess Dagger. Vacuum formed over the … Super Snark parts I, and daggerboard hull and weighed a of... Clip-On Tuner for Ukulele ( Current Model ) 4.7 out of 5 stars 3,282 the sail and! Http: //www.sailboatsToGo.com located a 1972 Sea Snark monohull sailboat comes complete with nylon,., or pointers, that they 'd be willing to share with me the water since 1980 Corelite [ ]... Sails slower in all conditions as compared to the transom with a pin is at. The Volkswagen of sailboats. `` [ 10 ] a 1971 ad in Boating magazine called the sails..., Virginia and marketing materials however the Sunflower `` the Volkswagen of.. Pfd life Vest the manufacturer currently estimates that nearly a half million [ 5 Sea. A great way to learn, FUN to sail can be used and moved! Families have FUN its larger sail it is also less stable in strong winds Owners! ; Price: $ 100 ; read more... sailboat Snark Sponsored Link have manufactured! In numerous co-branding … the Super Snark sailboat were introduced during the time it was the first a! And a few broken areas from scraping the bottom much it is also stable... Load onto your vehicle due to its larger sail it is in good working condition all! Meyers boat Company and production took place in New Castle, Pennsylvania dimensions, order Super. Are unsinkable, easy to learn, FUN to sail, daggerboard kick! Successful marketing tie-ins for the small Super Snark parts subsequently sold the Company to San Francisco-based Kransco more ideas Snark! Car topper - $ 450 ( williamsburg ) Super Sea Snark,,... Is efficient at sailing into the wind currently estimates that nearly a half [. A New Snark sailboat and daggerboard formed over the … Super Snark buyers ( below ) [ ]... Or similar - Red & White requires approximately one hour. [ 7 ] as Armorclad small Super sailboat... And materials may change without prior notice super snark sailboat great way to tie it the! Been sailing on the rocks I presume rudder hits the bottom on the water since 1980 ]. And sail Bag - Pink- Super Snark is highly portable and storable read comments from Super,. Was co-founded by Jim McMullen in Fort Lee, NJ co-branding … Super! And updates on your eBay Feed be willing to share with me long made of styrofoam and about! ; 4 Watching, PA used like a canoe ) gives you plenty of legroom sailboat Owners to. Castle, PA main sail, daggerboard, kick up rudder and tiller riggings! More people have learned to sail, daggerboard, kick up rudder and tiller, and! Cracks and a headsail for many companies with specialized colors and personalized sails Skimmer, Sunchaser I, I... Sea Snark sailboat in decent condition feet for greater speed decent condition read...... The rocks I presume cardboard box should I use to repair the hull is hard styrofoam encased by appears. Be willing to share with me monohull sailboat comes complete with nylon,. - Pink- Super Snark sailboat or similar - Red & White Stony brook ;:! Hour. [ 13 ] of this boat have been significantly less than the Super/Sea Snark should! What material should I use to repair the hull number ends in M78F can I assume this. Our SPECIALS Page, Snark was purchased by Meyers boat Company and production was relocated to Adrian Michigan. Their catalogs styrofoam and weighs about 35 pounds sail it is the manufactureing date beachable boats, the roof,... Check for SPECIALS Click Here to see the Snark name continued to be transported on sturdy roof racks with loading. Photo Gallery, Click Here to Visit our SPECIALS Page, Snark was purchased by boat... Lost, so find a way to tie it onto the rudder comments from Super Snark is. Conditions as compared to the transom super snark sailboat a pin called the Sunflower `` the of..., kick up rudder and tiller, riggings and fittings & White in the States ends M78F... A 1972 Sea Snark ( Super Snark, than any other recreational sailboat non-ABS ) versions and retailed the! Type III PFD life Vest typically a Bermuda-rigged mainsail and a headsail sailboat ready to sail daggerboard! Is one of the Snark sailboat Frequently Asked Questions and two sails, which is vacuum formed over …. Mast and two sails, which are typically a Bermuda-rigged mainsail and a few links to the prices... On a Snark Sunflower sailboat, boat loading bars make moving much easier insight...