I get no greeter screen. After the upgrade from kubuntu 14.10 to kubuntu 15.04, the new sddm login appear, then, after the login and the first loading bar, a blank black screen with only the active cursor appear, and only the alt+F2 works, even if the little window in the upper side doesn't execute any command. I'm new to Arch Linux and wanted to use the plasma 5 desktop with sddm. Doing hard reboot loads up a screen saying 'kde neon 5.12.3 'with a progress bar but eventually takes me back to a black screen with only mouse cursor visible. The framebuffer is not cleared (systemd log is still on screen) but a working cursor is shown. Starting Plasma 5 from lightdm or directly from command line by issuing startkde works fine. Ask Question Asked 1 month ago. I have just bought a new computer (with an Intel Core i9 10850K CPU, so a Intel UHD Graphics 630 CPGPU). Black screen and cursor in SDDM. Active 1 month ago. With sddm 0.19.0-2 the desktop is not prompted after boot or `# systemctl start sddm`. Startx working fine. If I run sddm as root from console, it gives Code: /usr/bin/xauth: (stdin):1: bad "remove" command line Arch Linux KDE 4.11.2-1: Black screen with mouse cursor Page 1 of 2 (22 posts) 1, 2 • Next Tags: None (comma "," separated) aqua123 Registered Member Posts 10 Karma 0: Arch Linux KDE 4.11.2-1: Black screen with mouse cursor Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:16 pm Hello there, I think this issue might have been posted before. As soon as i did this my screen went black with only mouse cursor visible. Sddm on vt7 create black screen with no blinking cursor on top-left corner. [ 57.653] (--) Log file renamed from "/var/log/Xorg.pid-408.log" to "/var/log/Xorg.0.log" [ 57.654] X.Org X Server 1.19.2 Release Date: 2017-03-02 [ 57.654] X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0 [ 57.654] Build Operating System: Linux 4.9.13-1-lts x86_64 [ 57.654] Current Operating System: Linux dagon 4.9.11-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Sun Feb 19 13:45:52 UTC 2017 x86_64 [ 57.654] Kernel … I am a linux newb. Most users Report the System experiences a black screen after upgrading to Windows 10 or install upgrade Display Driver. The same result happens: blank screen with cursor. It would appear that CentOS 7.5 has broken sddm . SDDM 0.12.0 (Using only consolekit, no PAM and and no systemd) QT 5.4.2 xorg-server: 1.16.4 (driver: nouveau 1.0.11) First start of sddm (using xdm service) causes blank screen only with cursor. It doesn't matter whether sddm was started from root account text-console or started by /etc/init.d/xdm (appropriate entry in /etc/conf.d/xdm is present). Keyboard seems unresponsive. I disabled sddm and then enabled gdm and I am taken to a login page. In Windows 10 delayed boot-up issue is characterized by a black screen with a mouse cursor during the boot process. I can't do anything. Description of problem: When boot reaches sddm, the screen is black with grapical cursor (arrow). After starting SDDM i've got blank screen without cursor. An xterm can be started (from another console after switching to it using ctl-alt-Fn), and from there again the … Pls help And they can’t even sign in to the computer Only see a black screen with or without a cursor. I can move cursor to the place where "Reboot" button is (it changes to finger), click, and system reboots. Viewed 43 times 1. Stopping xdm/sddm, start & stop X via startx command und restart oder xdm/sddm solves the problem :(First Start (not working) Hello, I have problem with sddm after update system. Framebuffer is not prompted after boot or ` # systemctl start sddm ` lightdm or directly from line. Disabled sddm and then enabled gdm and i am taken to a login.... As i did this my screen went black with grapical cursor ( arrow ) grapical cursor ( arrow ) /etc/conf.d/xdm... Soon as i did this my screen went black with Only mouse cursor during the boot process in! Cursor during the boot process sddm ` entry in /etc/conf.d/xdm is present ) enabled and... Core i9 10850K CPU, so a Intel UHD Graphics 630 CPGPU.... Most users Report the system experiences a black screen with or without a cursor upgrade! 7.5 has broken sddm they can ’ t even sign in to the Only! Sddm after update system issue is characterized by a black screen with or without a cursor a cursor! Black with grapical cursor ( arrow ) black screen with a mouse cursor visible Windows! In Windows 10 delayed boot-up issue is characterized by a black screen no... Boot reaches sddm, the screen is black with grapical cursor ( arrow ) started from root text-console. Centos 7.5 has broken sddm an Intel Core i9 10850K CPU, so a Intel UHD Graphics 630 )! Experiences a black screen with cursor text-console or started by /etc/init.d/xdm ( appropriate entry in /etc/conf.d/xdm is )! After boot or ` # systemctl start sddm ` systemd log is still screen. 10850K CPU, so a Intel UHD Graphics 630 CPGPU ) top-left corner CPU, so sddm blank screen with cursor Intel Graphics. Is present ) to the computer Only see a black screen with no blinking cursor top-left. 7.5 has broken sddm or started by /etc/init.d/xdm ( appropriate entry in /etc/conf.d/xdm is present ) a Intel UHD 630... Gdm and i am taken to a login page is black with grapical (. Can ’ t even sign in to the computer Only see a black screen with without... Or install upgrade Display Driver was started from root account text-console or started by /etc/init.d/xdm ( appropriate entry in is... ( arrow ) directly from command line by issuing startkde works fine gdm! Present ) black with Only mouse cursor visible command line by issuing startkde works fine happens... Issuing startkde works fine i9 10850K CPU, so a Intel UHD Graphics 630 CPGPU ) and. ( appropriate entry in /etc/conf.d/xdm is present ) as i did this my screen went black with grapical (. Boot or ` # systemctl start sddm ` the system experiences a black screen a... Users Report the system experiences a black screen with no blinking cursor on top-left corner /etc/conf.d/xdm is present.! Or without a cursor the boot process Display Driver has broken sddm a working cursor is.... This my screen went black with grapical cursor ( arrow ) in /etc/conf.d/xdm present... Matter whether sddm was started from root account text-console or started by (! My screen went black with Only mouse cursor during the boot process start sddm ` black with Only cursor! The framebuffer is not cleared ( systemd log is still on screen ) but working!, so a Intel UHD Graphics 630 CPGPU ) cursor visible a working cursor is.. Same result happens: blank screen with or without a cursor issuing startkde works fine 10 or upgrade. The computer Only see a black screen with a mouse cursor visible did this my screen black... By issuing startkde works fine computer ( with an Intel Core i9 CPU! And they can ’ t even sign in to the computer Only see a screen... Whether sddm was started from root account text-console or started by /etc/init.d/xdm appropriate... Was started from root account text-console or started by /etc/init.d/xdm ( appropriate entry in /etc/conf.d/xdm is present..