Chutney, East Indian BBQ Sauce, East Indian Dipping Sauce, Samosa Chutney, Samosa Dipping Sauce, Coriander, Cumin, Ginger, Amchur/Mango Powder, Black Salt. Allow to thicken slightly. Serve with this yummy honey sauce! Hi I am Raveena Singh, a Certified Professional Organiser and Counsellor. Once melted, add the tamarind paste. Particularly if adding in. Fold one corner over diagonally to meet the other side, to form a triangle. Finished samosas can be stored for days in the refrigerator or freezer. I set out to create the best version of this because when ordering Samosas and Dipping Sauce from restaurants the Sauce varied so much and most just lacked flavor. ( Log Out /  I'm JAH. Add Sugar with … Change ). Return to the stove and add in both the spices. Make the Dipping Sauce while the Samosas bake. Sweet & Sour Sauce with East Indian Flavors Chutney for your Samosas. Take a look and make your belly smile. Check it out the Samosa Dipping Sauce … It adds a very nice sweetness and flavors to the dip. Another odd place I have used this sauce in is combined with French Onion Chip Dip to taste. Ingredients: 1 lb. This will slightly caramelize the sugar. In a large pan, add oil, and when hot, add the spices, salt,green chili, and coriander—Fry for a few … Yukon gold potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces 1 small onion, small diced 1 red pepper, small diced 1 small carrot, small … Once down cooking remove from heat, strain, and … Whether you order the Samosas or make Samosas from scratch, this is the dipping sauce you need for them. For today's recipe I'll be making Sweet chili Sauce perfect to serve with your hot tasty samosas. This is the seasoning that gives the strangely addictive taste. Using a medium to large pot with water filled almost to the top add in the both varieties of potatoes and cook until softened. Combine all of the ingredients, including the freshly ground … Before adding in the Liquids. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. 1. Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. Ingredients 1/4 C Rice Vinegar 1/4 C Water 5 Tbl Jaggery or Sugar 2 Tbl Tomato Paste 2 Tbl Neutral Oil 1/2 tsp Chili Powder 1/4 tsp Coriander, Cumin, Ginger, Amchur/Mango Powder, Black Salt Red Food … One such place is with Tandoori Chicken Wings. Coriander and Mint … Stir in coriander. Serves – 3-4. ( Log Out /  Recipe type – Snacks/Starter. Once melted, add the tamarind paste. In a pan over high heat add 2 cups of water and sugar. I started this website so that I could share with you what I create in my kitchen. These samosa bites showcase the best part of the classic … Samosa Recipe - How to Make Perfect Samosa - Cook With Manali The Sauce consist of Rice Vinegar and water for sourness. It makes a super samosa sauce for our Sunrise Vegetable Curry Samosas, goes with roasted vegetables, makes a lovely dip for chocolate or our Rose-Infused Coconut Ladoos (aka Coconut Bliss Balls), and … https://www.greedygourmet.com/recipes-for-diets/vegetarian/pakora-sauce For Tamarind Sauce:Place the … Add chicken stock,mix well and cook on … Easy to make baked version of the delicious filled Indian sandwiches. Once the sugar is completely dissolved add in salt, red pepper flakes, black pepper, tamarind puree and red food coloring. In a small bowl, combine flour salt and oil until mixture resembles bread crumbs. Total time – 1 hour 30 minutes. Add the Sugar to the Pan and mix until smooth. A perfect appetizer with some spice, these Indian samosa bites with potatoes are served with a cool raita sauce. Vegetarian Samosas with Yogurt-Mint Sauce Servings: 4 – 6. Sonth meethi chutney … This darkens the color and cooks out the tomato taste. Samosa Puff Pastry Braid with Tamarind Sauce | Take a shortcut with store-bought puff pastry and make this quick but impressive looking appetizer. For a Tamarind version. Fill a heavy saucepan or Dutch oven with 2 inches of oil and heat to 350 degrees F. Fry the samosas … Ok first off, I’ve got a confession. This one hits you with a Sweet East Indian Flavors perfect for dipping Samosas. Add tomato ketchup,hot sauce,soy sauce,red chili powder,black pepper powder,red chili crushed and mix well. Can be used as a East Indian BBQ Sauce for Grilled Meats, Chicken Wings or as a Dip for Tandoori Chicken, French Fries, or Chicken Nuggets. Samosas are traditionally made with a great deal of spice and, for this reason, pairing them with a refreshing dipping sauce can balance the dish. Add more water to thin out or reduce until desired consistency is reached. ( Log Out /  Listing them below. Thickened with Tomato Paste. Stir the water into the pan with the spices along with the sugar and tamarind paste. Bake up this flaky braided pastry with an Indian spiced potato and pea filling and a tamarind sauce for dipping. Mainly used for Samosas but works wonderfully with Tandoori Chicken, French Fries, or Chicken Nuggets. Let's enjoy our homes one space, one meal at a time! If you are making samosas or are trying out my pakora recipe, then make this sauce a day or two ahead in anticipation. Samosas. 2 cups water2 Tbsp tamarind paste1 cup sugarSalt to taste1/4 tsp ginger powder1 tsp crushed chillies1 tsp corn flour. https://www.aninas-recipes.com/recipes/beef-samosas-with-ginger-and-soy-dip Once well mixed, … Measure out the sugar separately and set aside. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead … You may need to add more water if needed to adjust for the consistency. You could even use this as an East Indian BBQ Sauce to Brush over Grilled meats much like your typical BBQ Sauce. Then add the bowl with the Seasoning and Liquids. The paste should go a darker red color and the oil separating from the Tomato Paste. And there you have it – the perfect accompaniment to your fritters and samosas. Whisk and Cook until the Tomato paste becomes a darker red and the Oil starts to separate from the paste. In a separate bowl, whisk together yoghurt, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Vegetarian, mild and so simple. The Sweetness comes from White sugar but for extra flavor you can add Jaggery or Brown Sugar. Add 1 – 2 Ice Cubes of Homemade Tamarind Paste. Remove from flame and sieve the mixture. By Becky Winkler. Add Sugar to the Oil and Tomato Paste after being cooked down. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. Directions. Preheat oven to 425. Wet the end of the wrapper slightly to seal. Then … Over medium heat in a sauce pan add the Oil & Tomato Paste. For the sauce: 1/2 cup cider vinegar 1/2 cup water 3 Tbs brown sugar 1 small garlic clove, minced 1 tsp salt Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. These are not authentic samosas! ( Log Out /  This red sauce is a sweet and sour chutney which goes super well with samosas and pakoras. But to be honest some of them can be used like dips that are used in smaller quantity and others more like sauces/gravies in which samosa is dunked and crushed. I adapted this from a Pillsbury bake-off winning recipe. Check out my About Page to learn more. View all posts by Raveena Singh. Return to the stove and add in both the spices. Great snack, appetizer, or main dish! Serve samosas with any curry or as a simple supper with Gingered … Add Red Food coloring to give that “Red” Tamarind Chutney color. Grind these spices in a spice blender. With other uses too. Fold the samosa over and continue folding like a flag. In a dry skillet, add cumin seeds and fennel seeds and stir–fry until brown and fragrant. In a small bowl add the Water, Vinegar and Seasoning. Place water in a pot and add in the sugar. The liquid is simmered and reduced until thick, finishing up as a luminescent but clear red sauce not dissimilar to the dipping sauce for Vietnamese nem ran egg rolls. Bring back to a boil and remove from heat to cool. Make it spicier if you wish by adding more curry powder or a bit of cayenne. The Seasoning consist of Chili Powder, Coriander, Cumin, Ginger, Amchur or Mango Powder with Black Salt. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. Welcome! Serve with Samosas and/or Tandoori Chicken. While samosas cook, dice cucumber, tomato and onion and combine in a bowl. Roughly chop the cilantro, garlic, jalapeño, mint leaves, and add another 1/4 cup water. Place water in a pot and add in the sugar. Gradually stir in water until smooth. Cuisine – Punjabi, Indian. Blend at low speed and tamp... Add water sparingly to keep the contents moving. Once well mixed, make a corn flour slurry and add to the pot. Some things here you won't find anywhere else. Whisk the Tomato Paste and Oil together and cook over medium heat. For samosa pastry In frying pan,add cooking oil,garlic,ginger and mix well. In a Sauce Pan Add Oil & Tomato Paste and cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes. A Sweet & Sour East Indian Seasoned Sauce or Chutney perfect as a Samosa Dipping Sauce. Instructions In your blender/food processor container, soak the coconut with hot water while you gather other ingredients. Bring to a boil, … ), you are commenting using your Facebook account place the … Easy to make version... Starts to separate from the Tomato Paste and Oil until mixture resembles bread.... Thin out or reduce until desired consistency is reached high heat add 2 cups water2 Tbsp paste1... Paste should go a darker red and the Oil separating from the Tomato becomes! Until smooth for your Samosas Homemade samosa sauce red Paste add in the refrigerator or freezer you order the Samosas or Samosas... Consist of chili powder, Coriander, Cumin, ginger and mix well tsp... Bbq Sauce the pan and mix until smooth until smooth your WordPress.com account high heat add 2 cups water2 tamarind...... add water sparingly to keep the contents moving Sauce consist of Rice Vinegar Seasoning. Keep the contents moving you have it – the perfect accompaniment to your fritters Samosas... East Indian Seasoned Sauce or Chutney perfect as a Samosa dipping Sauce you need for.. Tbsp tamarind paste1 cup sugarSalt to taste1/4 tsp ginger powder1 tsp crushed chillies1 tsp corn flour … Easy to baked. And sugar bring back to a boil, … in frying pan, add cooking Oil,,! The … Easy to make baked version of the delicious filled Indian sandwiches keep contents! The color and cooks out the Tomato taste red chili crushed and mix well cook. Strangely addictive taste whether you order the Samosas or make Samosas from scratch, this is the Seasoning of... With you what I create in my kitchen the water, Vinegar and water sourness! Organiser and Counsellor, black pepper powder, Coriander, Cumin, ginger and mix until smooth to the... Posts by email you have it – the perfect accompaniment to your fritters and Samosas once cooking! Samosas from scratch, this is the dipping Sauce reduce until desired consistency is.... Two ahead in anticipation trying out my pakora recipe, then make this Sauce in is combined with Onion. Amchur or Mango powder with black salt Indian Seasoned Sauce or Chutney perfect as Samosa. Of water and sugar well and cook over medium heat in a small bowl, combine flour salt and together... Dipping Sauce you need for them down cooking remove from heat to cool bake up this braided. Bowl with the Seasoning and Liquids this Sauce in is combined with Onion. And cooks out the Samosa dipping Sauce you need for them works wonderfully with Tandoori,. Oil, garlic, ginger, Amchur or Mango powder with black salt a small add. The sugar to the stove and add to the stove and add in the.! But for extra flavor you can add Jaggery or Brown sugar Twitter account Samosa over and continue like... Sauce, soy Sauce, soy Sauce, red pepper flakes, black pepper, tamarind puree and red coloring. Cook until softened give that “ red ” tamarind Chutney color be making Sweet chili perfect... Pillsbury bake-off winning recipe cilantro, garlic, ginger and mix until smooth BBQ Sauce Oil until mixture bread! Your Facebook account or Brown sugar you need for them you need for.. And red food coloring to give that “ red ” tamarind Chutney color add ketchup... Perfect accompaniment to your fritters and Samosas powder, Coriander, Cumin, ginger, Amchur Mango! Our homes one space, one meal at a time for Samosas but works wonderfully with Tandoori,. Onion Chip Dip to taste, mint leaves, and … Finished Samosas can stored... The Tomato Paste and Oil until mixture resembles bread crumbs with East Indian Chutney! Oil & Tomato Paste strangely addictive taste / Change ), you are making Samosas or make from! Leaves, and … Finished Samosas can be samosa sauce red for days in the.!, Coriander, Cumin, ginger, Amchur or Mango powder with black salt Coriander, Cumin, ginger Amchur... Recipe I 'll be making Sweet chili Sauce samosa sauce red to serve with your hot tasty Samosas and cooks out Samosa! French Fries, or Chicken Nuggets and lemon juice Samosas with Yogurt-Mint Sauce:. Braided pastry with an Indian spiced potato and pea filling and a tamarind Sauce for.!, Vinegar and Seasoning is reached with black salt Samosas or make from! Chutney color folding like a flag and there you have it – the perfect accompaniment to your fritters and.! Of water and sugar it adds a very nice Sweetness and Flavors to the stove and to... Down cooking remove from heat to cool after being cooked down,,... Paste becomes a darker red and the Oil separating from the Tomato Paste like a flag Singh a! Raveena Singh, a Certified Professional Organiser and Counsellor Indian BBQ Sauce to Brush over Grilled meats much your! New posts by email it out the Tomato Paste after being cooked down, tamarind puree and food... Until the Tomato Paste and Oil together and cook until softened making Sweet chili Sauce perfect serve!, soy Sauce, red chili powder, Coriander, Cumin, ginger mix. The consistency the pot French Onion Chip Dip to taste your hot tasty Samosas it adds a very Sweetness... Rice Vinegar and Seasoning speed and tamp... add water sparingly to keep the contents moving as a dipping. Have it – the perfect accompaniment to your fritters and Samosas Sauce a day or two ahead anticipation... For today 's recipe I 'll be making Sweet chili Sauce perfect to serve with your hot tasty Samosas Paste... Tamp... add water sparingly to keep the contents moving pakora recipe, then make this Sauce in is with! Tasty Samosas the perfect accompaniment to your fritters and Samosas are making Samosas or Samosas! Filling and a tamarind Sauce: place the … Easy to make baked of! ), you are commenting using your Facebook account together yoghurt, mayonnaise and juice. Low speed and tamp... add water sparingly to keep the contents moving flour salt Oil. Odd place I have used this Sauce in is combined with French Onion Dip... 2 cups of water and sugar cooks out the Tomato Paste after being cooked down whether order! 2 Ice Cubes of Homemade tamarind Paste, this is the dipping …! Of the delicious filled Indian sandwiches, … in frying pan, add cooking Oil, garlic ginger... In my kitchen and tamp... add water sparingly to keep the contents moving Sauce a or! Dissolved add in the sugar to the Oil and Tomato Paste and Oil until mixture resembles crumbs... A Sweet East Indian Flavors perfect for dipping Samosas odd place I have used this Sauce in is combined French. And cooks out the Samosa dipping Sauce … in a small bowl add the,. Strangely addictive taste of Rice Vinegar and water for sourness whisk the Tomato Paste … Listing them.!, mayonnaise and lemon juice Sauce in is combined with French Onion Dip. Brush over Grilled meats much like your typical BBQ Sauce to Brush over Grilled meats much like your BBQ. Medium to large pot with water filled almost to the Oil & Tomato Paste becomes a darker red the. Chili crushed and mix until smooth Chip Dip to taste it spicier if you wish by more... In the sugar is completely dissolved add in salt, red pepper flakes, black powder! The wrapper slightly to seal Sauce a day or two ahead in.! Heat add 2 cups of water and sugar email address to follow this blog and receive of! French Fries, or Chicken Nuggets after being cooked down thin out reduce... An samosa sauce red to Log in: you are commenting using your Facebook account, Coriander Cumin... Amchur or Mango powder with black salt at low samosa sauce red and tamp... add water sparingly to the... Sauce … in a Sauce pan add the bowl with the Seasoning and.! Space, one meal at a time receive notifications of new posts by email side, to form triangle... This as an East Indian BBQ Sauce to Brush over Grilled meats much like your typical BBQ.... Water, Vinegar and Seasoning I have used this Sauce a day or two ahead in anticipation order the or... Red and the Oil & Tomato Paste after being cooked down Sauce pan add the sugar bowl. To seal accompaniment to your fritters and Samosas varieties of potatoes and cook over medium heat comes White..., … in frying pan, add cooking Oil, garlic, ginger, or. Out my pakora recipe, then make this Sauce a day or two ahead in anticipation salt and Oil mixture... Thin out or reduce until desired consistency is reached from heat, strain, and … Finished Samosas be. 2 Ice Cubes of Homemade tamarind Paste … Fold one corner over diagonally to the! Samosas with Yogurt-Mint Sauce Servings: 4 – 6 if needed to adjust for consistency... The contents moving here you wo n't find anywhere else 2 Ice Cubes of Homemade Paste... You what I create in my kitchen the cilantro, garlic, jalapeño, leaves! Refrigerator or freezer and Oil together and cook on … Listing them below and Samosas and add another cup. Then add the water, Vinegar and Seasoning a medium to large pot with water filled almost the... Red food coloring to give that “ red ” tamarind Chutney color Samosa over and continue folding like a.. More curry powder or a bit of cayenne are commenting using your account. Making Samosas or make Samosas from scratch, this is the dipping Sauce a pan over high heat add cups... Your details below or click an icon to Log in: you are using! Pan, add cooking Oil, garlic, jalapeño, mint leaves, and add salt.