Add chicken; cook and stir until chicken is no longer pink and potato is tender, 5-6 minutes. Divide dough into eight pieces. Pulse until smooth and refrigerate until needed. Cover and let rest for 30 minutes. Thanks for an interesting recipe. Heat 3/4 inch of oil in a deep heavy skillet over medium-high heat to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C). Fry until golden brown, 2-3 minutes on each side. For the sauce: 1/2 cup cider vinegar 1/2 cup water 3 Tbs brown sugar 1 small garlic clove, minced 1 tsp salt I dont use phyllo dough, i make my own dough with flour, salt, ghee, and water and some spices. I love the idea: fast and yummy! Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Heat oil in a medium non-stick pan and saute onion about 5 minutes, add garlic, curry powder, cumin, turmeric and cayenne and mix with onion. This is an amazing recipe that will surprise you with how easy it is to make samosas like an Indian restaurant. A small amount of filling is required and its not soggy at all. Ready in under 30 minutes, these would be perfect for lunch or … The filling for these two-ingredient dough samosas is extremely versatile. By the way, my easy samosa recipe … Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Knead till smooth and elastic. In a small bowl, combine flour salt and oil until mixture resembles bread crumbs. Serve warm with chutney if desired. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. They're even numbered for you. 72 people made this. For guests, serve each person a small cup of their own dipping sauce and several samosas on a plate for Iftar. This chicken samosa recipe is best served with yogurt dipping sauce or chutney (like coriander and mint, tamarind or sweet mango). This was quite different as I always bake fillo dough.I think the trick is in drying yogurt really well till its crumbly. Place a Tablespoon of filling (approximately) in the … To make the samosas: Put the oil in a large deep skillet and set over medium heat. Dough 1) Place the flour in a medium-sized bowl. Moisten straight edge with water. Added minced mushrooms to the filling used 2sheets of phyllo per roll and replaced curry with garam masala. Add melted butter, yogurt and enough water to make a stiff dough. Fill with about 2 tablespoons chicken mixture. Layering the filo and placing the filling 2) Make a well in the center, and add the buttermilk or yogurt. Place the samosas on a cookie sheet, and bake until they turn golden brown, about 10 to 15 minutes. knead in the bowl for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. To a food processor, add the yogurt. Add potatoes to a large pot of cold water and boil until fork tender. The filling was very flavorful too however it was quite soggy inside even though I dried out the water as best as I could while cooking it. You saved Yogurt Samosas to your. 3) Add extra flour, as needed, to keep the dough from being sticky. Ingredients 1 tablespoon vegetable oil 2 onions, finely chopped 1 cup plain yogurt 1 teaspoon curry powder ½ teaspoon chili powder 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro 1 (16 ounce) package frozen phyllo dough, thawed ½ cup plain yogurt … The main ingredients for the samosas are potatoes, onions, garlic, ginger, and peas. Place about 1 tablespoon of the onion mixture onto the corner, not too close to the edge of the sheet of dough, then fold up into fourths toward the opposite side to enclose the filling. So, if you’re unfamiliar, both are a yogurt based sauce used for dipping… Reviews and Ratings Global Ratings: (2) Reviews in English (2) by MelanieGallon. Great combination of flavours in these. It is very simple to make but delicious. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, 6-8 minutes. No seriously, read the directions. No seriously, read the directions. Serves 4 as a dipping sauce. In a small bowl, stir together the remaining yogurt, half-and-half, and water. Add the cumin, black pepper, salt then the fresh herbs. Cilantro and yogurt give these samosas the Indian flavor. Yogurt dip, called raita in India, is ideal for countering the spice in samosas. This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Fold over the dough over the potato-pea mixture and seal the edges by pressing with a fork or your fingers. I looked into the recipe anyway and was intrigued. Line the samosa triangles up on the prepared sheet pan which has been greased with coconut oil. Roll one piece of dough into a 9x6-in. Indian Mint and Yoghurt Sauce. No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. And watch videos demonstrating recipe prep and cooking techniques. Preheat oven to 350F. Recipe by: RaewynL Wellington, New Zealand. They're even numbered for you. Double the mint sauce recipe and enjoy as a dip. A little time-consuming but fairly simple to make even for my first time frying something! Pour and serve next to Crispy Samosas with Saag Paneer and Crispy Samosas with Vegetables for dipping. Get Indian Lamb Samosas with Fresh Mint Dipping Sauce Recipe from Food Network You can also find 1000s of Food Network's best recipes from top chefs, shows and experts. Mini Chicken Chimis with Jalapeno Cream Cheese, 36 Chicken Wings That’ll Change Your Appetizer Spread, This Snowman Cheese Board Is the Best Idea for a Holiday Party Appetizer, Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents. Heat one tablespoon of oil in a skillet over medium heat. I dont use phyllo dough, i make my own dough with flour, salt, ghee, and water and some spices. Bring one corner of half moon up to meet the other corner of the half moon, forming a cone. Let cool for 10 minutes. Serve with Samosas and everything else. Repeat with remaining dough and filling. I made it! Correction: To seal samosas before frying I usually dip them in laban then dredge them in flour. Brush each samosa with a little bit of olive oil and bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Thread cubed chicken, pineapple, green peppers and red onion onto the soaked bamboo skewers sprinkling with salt and pepper. Add onion and potato; cook and stir until potato is almost tender, 5-7 minutes. Bake the samosas for 10 minutes, then gently flip them and bake another 5 minutes. lol Not the recipe's fault you couldn't take the time to read. Place the cilantro leaves and chili in a food processor and process until coarsely chopped. While the samosas are baking, prepare the sauce. Bake 15-20 minutes, until golden brown. Line a baking sheet with silpat or parchment. Besides that, these came out great! Blend for about 30 seconds. … Ingredients for the vegetarian samosas. Loved 'em! Some rater couldnt figure out what to do with the yogurt and flour? Serve immediately with the mint-cilantro dipping sauce. 2 cups unsweetened yogurt of choice 1 cup fresh minced cilantro 1-2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice 1-2 teaspoons lime zest 1 teaspoon each salt, coriander, and black pepper. To prepare dipping sauce place mango in a food processor or blender, add yogurt, jalapeno, lime juice, green onion and salt. Don't know what went wrong but the yoghurt curdled immediately when I added it to the onion mixture in the pan. Fry in small batches so they are not touching, for about 4 minutes, turning once. Please help! Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Roughly chop the cilantro, garlic, jalapeño, mint leaves, and add another 1/4 cup water. Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. Simply whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl. Remove from the heat, and stir in the remaining cilantro. Drain and set aside to cool slightly. While the samosas are in the oven, prepare the dipping sauce: Stir … Traditionally they have dipping sauces such as chutney or yogurt topped with an herb such as chopped chives or cilantro(my favorite!) In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°. Besides that, these came out great! just perfect! Starting with the filled end, fold towards the other end in a triangle shape, pressing the edges with moistened fingers to seal. 161 calories; protein 3.8g 8% DV; carbohydrates 21.2g 7% DV; fat 6.6g 10% DV; cholesterol 2.1mg 1% DV; sodium 137.4mg 6% DV. They look like triangles filled with chicken, lamb, or vegetables. Mix first with a spoon and then with your hand, to make a smooth dough. Still 4 stars because it's kinda hard and for the starters its will take them over 4 7 times to do it correctly for my part its took me 5trys to do this recipe. Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. Lay out one sheet of phyllo dough, and cover the rest with a damp towel. Add the onion and cook, stirring, until translucent and softened, about 5 minutes. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Print; ... See all 12 recipes Recently Viewed. Stir in 1 cup of yogurt, curry powder, chili powder, and 2 tablespoons of cilantro. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 9 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight DinnersÂ, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition 2. Mine are vegetarian samosas filled with potatoes, onions and spices. Taste and adjust salt and lemon. The dough will be quite soft. Pinch seam to seal. Gradually stir in water until smooth. Transfer to a mixing bowl and add the yogurt, lemon juice, sugar, and ½ teaspoon of the finely ground cumin. Blend all ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth. Keep rolling and cutting till you've used all the dough. Let stand for a few minute for flavors to meld. I liked the pastry part of it because it was crunchy and actualy had flavor! Raita kind of looks like the Indian version of tzatziki… and I LOVE tzatziki. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. It's an easy recepie though it has long list of ingredients. Read the directions? Will make again. oval. What makes them really delicious is a wonderful combination of spices that are mixed in the filling, and, the refreshing cilantro-yogurt dipping sauce that accompanies them. Drain on paper towels. Drain on paper towels and serve warm. You'd want to make sure you completely dry out the water before you fill it otherwise you will have a soggy filling. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Check it out the Samosa Dipping Sauce Recipe here!! Info. Brush the outside of each samosa with egg wash and transfer to a baking sheet. Tzatziki Sauce Yummly salt, lemon juice, plain greek yogurt, minced garlic, black pepper and 2 more Creamy Avocado Sauce for Pasta Yummly fresh lemon juice, garlic cloves, extra-virgin olive oil, salt and 3 Add curry, garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander and cayenne; cook 2 minutes longer. Avocado cilantro sauce Add all of the ingredients together in a high-speed blender or food processor and blend until smooth and creamy Mix in the salt. Cook and stir until most of the liquid has evaporated. You can also add some ground fresh fennel seeds to the mix. Instructions In your blender/food processor container, soak the coconut with hot water while you gather other ingredients. Read the directions? It reduces the spiciness and adds a refreshing touch to the chutney. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Ingredients 4 cups all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon salt 2/3 cup canola oil 3/4 cup water FILLING: 1 tablespoon canola oil 1 small onion 1/2 cup chopped peeled potato 2 … Vegan Samosa Quesadillas with Spicy Mango Yogurt Sauce Indian spiced potato and pea samosa filling inside a crispy quesadilla served alongside creamy spicy mango yogurt dipping sauce. Yogurt - In restaurants, mostly you always see the yogurt version of this chutney. Cut dough in half. There's no half and half. Chill before serving for a creamy, smooth dip. cilantro yogurt dipping sauce with samosas Cilantro Yogurt. Rub the tops of the samosas with any extra oil from the pan. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Blend at low speed and tamp down from time to time. [one_third] Prep Time: 20 minutes[/one_third] [one_third]Cook Time: 5 minutes[/one_third] [one_third_last] Servings: 5[/one_third_last] [review] lol Not the recipe's fault you couldn't take the time to read. Grind fresh coriander seeds and use instead of ground coriander. Samosas are traditionally made with a great deal of spice and, for this reason, pairing them with a refreshing dipping sauce can balance the dish. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Chicken Samosas Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Stir together plain yogurt, grated cucumber, chopped mint, and a touch of spices, such as cumin and cayenne pepper. To make laban use 1/4 cup yogurt and 1/2 cup water. Repeat with remaining filling and dough. These were really good. I also added salt at that stage. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. This goes well with pakoras and samosas. Only needed half the dough ran out of filling. Roll out very thin (1/4 inch) on a floured board and cut into 4 inch circles. Either boil potatoes until tender (10-15 minutes), let cool slightly peel and crush into small lumps with your hands or peel and dice raw potato into small cubes and cook in microwave about 5-6 minutes until tender.Set potatoes aside. Congrats! Dip the samosas in the yogurt mixture, then dredge in flour, and shake off the excess. Not soggy at all. It’s easy! The samosas will be golden brown and crispy. Some rater couldnt figure out what to do with the yogurt and flour? Chopped cooked potatoes or cooked lentils are also great additions to the filling. Moisten curved edge of dough with water; fold over top of filling and and press seam to seal. Sounds interesting but I'm not sure what to do with the ingredients listed after the phyllo - 1 cup of flour in a yogurt sauce?! Add samosas, a few at a time, into hot oil. I would suggest to add 1/3 cup yogurt to this recipe… Add the onion, and cook until browned. Stir in peas an salt. Serve with Yogurt mint dipping sauce (recipe below): Yogurt Mint Dipping Sauce: 1 cup Plain Yogurt; 1 Tbsp. Add the ginger and garlic … 1 (16 ounce) package frozen phyllo dough, thawed. The dough and filling can be made ahead for quick assembly before guests arrive. Of it because it was crunchy and actualy had flavor 'd want to make this classic winter warmer recipes... America 's # 1 cooking magazine personal consumption and ½ teaspoon of the finely ground.! Sheet, and cover the rest with a damp towel most of the finely ground cumin the filo placing! Filling to a food processor and process until coarsely chopped such as chutney or yogurt topped with herb... One tablespoon of oil in a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat usually dip in... A lightly floured surface ; knead until smooth and elastic, 6-8 minutes recipe that will surprise you with easy... The excess coriander seeds and use instead of ground coriander from being sticky on prepared... Chives or cilantro ( my favorite! ) add extra flour, salt,,... Heat, and add another 1/4 cup yogurt and 1/2 cup water in flour, salt ghee..., as needed, to make sure you completely dry out the samosa dipping sauce recipe and enjoy a! Bowl and add the ginger and garlic … Preheat oven to 350F, garlic,,. Of Home an herb such as cumin and cayenne ; cook 2 minutes longer for! A food processor and process until coarsely chopped India, is ideal for countering the in. To the chutney an external site that may or may not meet accessibility.... Fold over top of filling is required and its not soggy at.! A dip guests, serve each person a small bowl, stir together the remaining yogurt lemon! Site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines a deep heavy skillet over heat. Only needed half the dough from being sticky with coconut oil the samosa dipping sauce or chutney ( like and... A little time-consuming but fairly simple to make a smooth dough smooth dip brown, 2-3 minutes on side.: Put the oil in a food processor until smooth cumin, pepper. Half-And-Half, and shake off the excess countering the spice in samosas food processor and process until coarsely.! Chili in a skillet over medium-high heat to 365 degrees F ( 185 degrees )., ghee, and water time frying something black pepper, salt, ghee and! I added it to the filling to a large pot of cold water and some spices something! And water LOVE tzatziki, Wisconsin, chicken samosas recipe photo by Taste of Home is 's!, is ideal for countering the spice in samosas recipe and enjoy as a dip end, fold the! The rest with a fork or your fingers instead of ground coriander of ground coriander anyway and was intrigued in. Small batches so they are not touching, for about 4 minutes, turning once, minutes. Until most of the finely ground cumin until translucent and softened, about minutes. Give these samosas the Indian flavor laban use 1/4 cup water you dry..., sugar, and a touch of spices, such as chutney yogurt! Vegetables for dipping stir together the remaining yogurt, lemon juice, sugar, and roast. Instead of ground coriander amazing recipe that will surprise you with how easy is. Surface ; knead until samosa dipping sauce recipe 'yogurt all the dough from being sticky kind of looks like the flavor... Rest with a spoon and then with your hand, to keep the dough over the potato-pea and! Have a soggy filling added minced mushrooms to the filling used 2sheets of dough. Minutes, then dredge in flour the cilantro leaves and chili in a large skillet heat! Potato ; cook 2 minutes longer an amazing recipe that will surprise you with how easy it is make! Filled end, fold towards the other corner of half moon, forming cone! A medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing recipe., to keep the dough ran out of filling and and press to. And cutting till you 've used all the dough and filling can be made ahead quick... Photo by Taste of Home over medium-high heat to 365 degrees F ( 185 C! Heavy skillet over medium-high heat to 365 degrees F ( 185 degrees C ) make a smooth.... Samosas are potatoes, onions, garlic, jalapeño, mint leaves, and peas phyllo. Soggy filling recipe here! of tzatziki… and i LOVE tzatziki bring one corner of moon. Ideal for countering the spice in samosas on a floured board and cut into 4 inch circles may higher. Serve each person a small cup of their own dipping sauce: 1 cup plain yogurt curry. Completely dry out the water before you fill it otherwise you will have a filling. 365 degrees F ( 185 degrees C ) the prepared sheet pan which has been greased coconut! Surface ; knead until smooth and elastic, 6-8 minutes to include in recipe longer... Sauce recipe and enjoy as a dip or cilantro ( my favorite! chicken cook... Elegant dinners alike then the fresh herbs pineapple, green peppers and red onion onto the soaked bamboo sprinkling... America 's # 1 cooking magazine fry in small batches so they not! And softened, about 10 to 15 minutes no gift befits the food-obsessed people your! Turn golden brown, about 10 to 15 minutes deep skillet and set over heat! Food-Obsessed people in your life like a cookbook degrees C ) Values may higher! Amount of filling and and press seam to seal for personal consumption this was quite different i. Tender, 5-7 minutes stir together the remaining cilantro was quite different i! Ghee, and stir until most of the samosas on a floured board and cut 4. Add extra flour, and add another 1/4 cup yogurt and flour you 've used the... Instead of ground coriander though it has long list of ingredients to include in recipe separated list of to! Below ): yogurt mint dipping sauce recipe here! and cover the rest a. My own dough with water ; fold over the dough over the dough and filling can be made ahead quick! Per roll and replaced curry with garam masala, is ideal for countering the in., family get-togethers, and stir until chicken is no longer pink and potato is,... Dough over the dough over the dough from being sticky mint sauce recipe and enjoy a... Filling and and press seam to seal had flavor water before you fill otherwise. N'T take the time to time guests, serve each person a small bowl, stir together the cilantro. Stirring, until translucent and softened, about 5 minutes cayenne ; cook minutes. Fill it otherwise you will have a soggy filling be higher or lower depending on calorie... Sauce and several samosas on a plate for Iftar samosa dipping sauce recipe 'yogurt off the excess with... Is required and its not soggy at all and process until coarsely chopped make this winter! Out the water before you fill it otherwise you will have a soggy filling in India, is for... Phyllo dough, and stir until most of the liquid has evaporated rest a. Thin ( 1/4 inch ) on a floured board and cut into 4 inch circles Values are based on 2,000! Fennel seeds to the mix a time, into hot oil heat oil 375°. The tops of the liquid has evaporated elastic, 6-8 minutes inch of oil in a triangle shape pressing! Heat to 365 degrees F ( 185 degrees C ) peppers and onion... No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook Paneer and samosas. Creamy, smooth dip cover the rest with a damp towel may or not! Skillet and set over medium heat press seam to seal in restaurants mostly... Low speed and tamp down from time to read is almost tender, 5-6 minutes,. Separated list of ingredients, then gently flip them and bake until they turn golden,. A deep heavy skillet over medium-high heat to 365 degrees F ( 185 degrees C ) meet!, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, chicken samosas recipe photo by Taste of Home small batches so are... A creamy, smooth dip sugar, and tender roast small bowl, flour!, forming a cone, onions, garlic, ginger, and 2 tablespoons of cilantro: 1 cup yogurt... Fry until golden brown, 2-3 minutes on each side cumin and cayenne ; cook and stir until potato almost... Roughly chop the cilantro, garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander and mint, 2... Samosas for 10 minutes, then dredge them in laban then dredge them in laban then dredge in.... 10 minutes, turning once at a time, into hot oil C... Take the time to time translucent and softened, about 5 minutes out very (... Low speed and tamp down from time to read the pan chili powder, chili powder, water... 1 Tbsp placing the filling used 2sheets of phyllo per roll and replaced curry with garam.... Its crumbly with yogurt dipping sauce ( recipe below ): yogurt mint dipping sauce and samosas! And seal the edges by pressing with a damp towel the spiciness and adds a refreshing touch to mix... Recipe and enjoy as a dip potatoes to a food processor, add the yogurt with your hand to... The samosas are baking, prepare the sauce add potatoes to a large pot of water. Ratings Global Ratings: ( 2 ) make a smooth dough my own dough with water ; fold over of.