Yes Ryzens run hot, but honestly? Load Temp. Don’t think we’ve got bad CPUs although I’m not certain yet about what is causing the high temperature readings. Ryzen 5 2600. 3600 | GTX 1080 Ti. Ryzen 3900X with a Corsair H100i rad and MX-4 in between. is this too much? Joined Dec 31, 2009 Messages 19,028 (4.77/day) ... AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Intel Core i7-7700K | AMD Ryzen 7 2700X: ... and hit mid 80s with my chip. Audio Device(s) CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600. Ryzen 5 3600 idle temps 60 degrees. Background Applications: List all applications normally running when the issue occurs. Ryzen 7 3700X. Case: Antec GX202. 50-60 idle. 30 to 42°C. you can think of volts like energy stored in cpu, when you run a heavy cpu software the cpu will use those vols inside it thus the volts will lower, if they drop too much and the cpu cant handle its speed with such low voltage pc resets. Honestly though, if you're worried about temps get rid of the stock cooler. Fans are set to 700rpm and 35-50C at idle. If you are thinking water then look at the new Arctic freezer 2 range - they are winning all the reviews at the moment. Low 50s on idle. https://www.kitguru.net/components/cooling/james-dawson/arctic-liquid-freezer-ii-all-in-one-cpu-cooler-review/, That's a review of the 240mm; the 280mm is THE best AIO on the market at the moment, but depends if your case can handle it (mine can't...many tears....), For air I'm not so clued up (not used anything other than water for 15 years) so others may be able to give some good tips - the Noctua 15 is the best but its expensive and massive - but extremely good (it beats most water coolers), I have a 3700x at 4250 1.3 what are you running it at to get those temps? Hi Sasha. Fans are on low unless liquid temp goes above 38C. And i also bought some better thermal paste that i put on the cpu instead of the one that the stock cooler came with. I have exatly same cooler. So, what operating temperature should this processor have? Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts, R7 3700x | 5700XT | 970 Evo Plus | 16GB DDR4-3800CL16| 240mm AIO. Max Temp. Ryzen 5 3600 idle temps 60 degrees. Just finished with my ryzen 3600 build (Asrock X570 Pro4 - updated to latest BIOS), and i'm seeing very high temperatures with the stock cooler. Even running cine-bench R20 takes the temp past 90 degrees.. Have done every thing told in forums and Robert as well still nothing i.e changed power plans etc. But I understand the feeling, I like PC to run cool & quiet. Help (CPU) Close. That seems way better than last time, I actually only cracked up chassis fans a little bit. Discussion. I started the PC and noticed the temp was going up from around 40c all the way upto 91c, after 5 minutes or so it returned to 40c. Chipset Drivers: Provide the version of drivers currently installed. But when i start up and play league the cpu goes up to around 60-69 degrees. And now its currently idling at around 50 degrees according to ryzen master. My "Idle is 35 - 45. Even on a much more powerful cooler, the Corsair H115i, idle temps range from 35-50*C depending upon ambient temperature, simply because Ryzen 3000 series CPUs can switch power states in a millisecond, and every little background task will spike one core faster than it can be displayed. Dont worry about that peak voltage. Pump running at 3k RPM. 80-90 under load which slowly climbed to 95 over an hour or two. Gaming I max out at 60C on one core, the rest the upper 50s. E. EarthDog. Its stupid to have to do this and feualt settings are so bad. I just built a new ryzen 3600 system. Help (CPU) Close. Been using Ryzen 3600(stock Cooler) on MSI B450 Carbon Pro AC since last week.. Been experiencing very high idle temp and spikes from 48 degree to 65 degree in a sudden.. Ryzen 5 3600 50~ 55°C idle temps? cinebench r20 i think is near Full load nad my temps are 66º Maximum at the end of multi core test. But sadly they only had one left so i bought the bigger brother Noctua NF-A14 (140mm) And i placed the 120mm and the 140mm at the top of the case pulling out air while having 2 120mm fans at the front pulling in air. Throughout the idle speeds never reached higher than 31% but were averaging around 10-15% it went up to 60-67-c once more 5 mintues later whilst the idle spped remained the same. C, ignore. Cooling: Antec 120mm RGB case fans. if you go for an air cooler make sure you have adequate airflow. RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport Grey 2x8GB 2666mhz - XMP Profile 1. only using Ryzen Master as the sole monitoring tool Windows 10, Ubuntu 17.04, etc. Ryzen 5 3600 50~ 55°C idle temps? Should i be worried? 210 TDP heat dissipation); case Zalman Z1 NEO, In games cpu load 10-35% and temperature jumps between 62-68° if load not more 20% and 70°+ if loard more 20%, AIDA stresstest give result 88-89°C and im think its realy hot. This seems extraordinarily high; and about 25 degrees higher than a Ryzen 1700X I have. Discussion. My ryzen 5 3600 temps are idle 55 - 60c, gaming 70-75c! What i did was i went to the store bought 2 fans. Description of Original Problem: Provide as detailed an account of initial symptoms of your issue as you can. Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz 2x8gb, PSU: Provide the model number and its rated output level. 2.7) 90C+ in Prime95 v.p95v2810.win64 Games about 60C with liquid temp never going above 39C; idle about 40C, liquid temp at idle about 34C (it's a warm room, about 26C). What are average idle temps for a ryzen 5 3600 with stock cooler? ASRock X370 Taichi. This was calming to read! Idle Temp. I … 3950x high temperatures in IDLE (alround 50 celsius degrees) Thread starter Methox; Start date Jan 22, 2020; Tags amd ryzen temp; ... and my idle temps were in the same ballpark as yours are (with an Noctua NH-U14S as the cooler), and my power consumption at idle were high with my 2700X at stock settings. Mines the same, goes between 4.15/4.20 odd at idle, when looking at the Performance Tab in the TM, with utilisation only going between 1/3%, if using the Ryzen Balanced Plan, but noticed if i switch to the normal Recommended Plan, it only goes between 3.15/3.50 odd ... AMD APU Temps - Ryzen. My temps do jump from 30-32 up to about 36-37c when I open a browser (MS Edge) but IMO that is not a cause for concern. Just got a 3600 for my wife and with the stock cooler we were seeing crazy temps. 59 to 71°C. im getting always more then 3773 now. GPU Drivers: 431.60. Like way too high. Storage: Crucial P1 1TB NVMe with EKWB heatsink. Load Temp. aryanbrar 6 months ago #3. 1. All temps initially measured with HWInfo64 (Tctl/Tdie) and separately confirmed with Ryzen Master. Then they run hot. Alright! I have a 3600x and I had the same idle Temps but I changed the fan curve to 100% at 42c it makes a little noise but keeps the cpu temp down around 38 to 43c with a few browsers open and I don't think it has gotten above 65c when im playing Wow on a 3440x1440 monitor. To achieve this and a socre of more then 3770 set ryzen master to default settings, go to bios disable pbo enable  all settings that says CPPC (this is under advanced tab i think the last one in asus prime boards) then set a fixed voltage of 1.2625 and cpu ration of 4.2, run cinebench r20 multi core, if pc restar up voltage a bit more to like 2.685 and try again,  up until 1.28V i can  guarantee it will be safe in 99% cases, if you want more performance put 1.28 and 4.25 ratio, then you compare cinebench results and decide for yourself, report your results to me, ty, the fixed voltage and core ration is is AI tweak menu in bios on most boards,  also in asus you can disable  PBO there, CPPC as i said for me is in advanced menu last or second last submenu). Have you placed a thin amount of thermal interface compound on the CPU? AMD CPU Temps - Ryzen+. Ryzen Master shows my idle temp as 30 to 32c and my max temp when stress testing is ~70c. I got a new cpu ryzen 5 3600* but my idle temp is 40-50c my core voltage never drops under 1 and my fan speed is really high is this normal? The stock AMD fan is not bad at all, especially for free, but you could improve on it substantially with a better fan or a water cooler. ... Don't think so. My "Max is 60 - 70" User Info: aryanbrar. Archived. until 1.325 its very safe, After set up ryzen master click apply then ruzn cinebench r20 multi core test, and report the result also with the ghz and peak voltage you used, mine with 4250mhz with 1.28xx  gave me always around 3770. but what about Precision Boost 2, if the voltage decreases, will not the frequency by which the cores will be overclocked decrease, or will the number of cores/threads that will be overclocked decrease? Ryzen runs hot hot hot. Thank you :). Motherboard: Provide the model number. I have used liquid metal in the past (with my intel processors) so I have used it … Posted by 7 ... Ryzen 3600 nothing changed out of the box. I had similar issues with my Ryzen 7 3700x and went through a world of pain, I came to the conclusion that the stock cooler is terrible. Windows10, GPU Drivers: Provide the version of drivers currently installed. By clicking OK, you consent to the use of cookies. Using the stock new Wraith Spire cooler, I too get around 40-50 degrees at idle according to the Ryzen Master program. is it normal? It's not dangerous. or should i change my cooler : ... you may want to reduce idle temp from mid 50-60 down to 40. Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 5600 XT. The site may not work properly if you don't, If you do not update your browser, we suggest you visit, Press J to jump to the feed. While not super common we did find a lot of people having similar issues online. Which will probily lower the temps even more. Hi guys a bought a new Ryzen 5 3600 processor and the idle temp is very high (70c to 80c) during stress test the temp will rise up to 95c. If you using default settings thats normal, if you want to fix that for 38-44 idle temps and less 15º while gaming open ryzen master select Manual profile put all cores to 4.2 and peak voltage at 1.26xx or for even better performance put them at 4.250 peak voltage 1.28xx run cinebench hopefully it dont restart pc. Troubleshooting: Provide details of any troubleshooting and their results that you have already completed before posting. Those temps re quite high, still ok in very dangerous levels in short term (ryzen cpu will shut down at 95 celsius) but in long term heat is cpu and gpu killer. Ryzen 3000 series processors run a little hotter than expected and you will see a temperature spike anywhere from 40-60 degrees on even idle. I built a Ryzen 3600X system today on an MSI B450M Mortar motherboard. I recently got a Ryzen 3900XT / Aorus master x570 / G.skill 3600 memory / NZXT Z73 AIO cooler on my rig and I am noticing high temps on idle (basically around 55-60). Isn't exactly a good idle temp but not dangerous. Give information on the percentage of load and temperature -at how many % what temperature is normal and what is already elevated? So, with both running Prime95 and with the same Hyper 212 cooler, I have: 65W TDP Ryzen 3600 temps in the low 90’s, 95W TDP Ryzen 1700X temps in the mid-60’s. is this too much. I've never really done any tweaking or oc of any sort ever so im not that comfortable changing to much in bios. Or, I installed it incorrectly. Idle: 50-60c Gaming: 70-80c Cinebench: 91c I replaced the thermal interface with some Artic MX-4 i had … HWinfo shows a slightly higher idle temp, But max temps under full load are basically the same as Ryzen master. 9 9. New ryzen 3600 idling at around 50 degrees. Auto-suggest helps you quickly narrow down your search results by suggesting possible matches as you type. I bought an Arctic Freezer 240mm AIO and my idle temps are now 30c. Ryzen 3xxx temperature works differently, it can change by 30C within a second, it is by design. But you only want as much voltage as needed to be able to run the speed you set without causing a performance lost. Its a newly built one GPU: Provide the model number, amount and type of VRAM, if it has factory or custom overclock if applicable, and if you are using SLI/Crossfire. Q: My Ryzen 3600 gets hot. Re: ryzen 5 3600 idle 55 - 60c? ryzen 5 3600 idle 55 - 60c? And after having the pc on for a few hours i realised it was running abit hot and i've only played league of legends which is not the slightest stress test. I get idle temps at 45-60 degrees (most around 55) and 75-80 degrees while playing PUBG and CS GO. 3600, -0.05v offset Steel Legend B450M w/ ABB bios (I think? New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. 95°C. I have just bought a Ryzen 5 3600 CPU and B450-F Gaming MBO. What should I do with it? Sapphire RX 5700 XT Pulse 8GB OC. A: That's normal. 95°C. Arma 3 KOTH also has like 60% higher minimum fps and that is actually quite a big deal to me, as we're talking from ~30 fps to ~50, so I guess I wont be selling this off again. too much voltage = high temps = cpu knows its hot and slows speed . Ryzen 3600 nothing changed out of the box, RAM: Provide the model number, quantity, slot location, and overclock/XMP information if applicable. Please update this field with edits as you work through the problem. Oh my. sert a fixed voltage of under 1.29  then set a speed like 1.41 , run cinebench r20, if pc dont crash increase speed a litle , rinse and reapeat , when pc  crash decrese for last stable value. Memory: 4x8gb, G.SKILL F4-3600C16D-16GVKC. (i can run 4.2 ghz on 1.25 speed but my performance will be worse then 4.2 at 1.2625,  after that more volts lower performance as temps increases a bit stec)  measuer performance using cinebench r20 multi core test. Fans on low. 2. ... temps included. Reactions: ArbitraryAffection. If you using default settings thats normal, if you want to fix that for 38-44 idle temps and less 15º while gaming open ryzen master select Manual profile put all cores to 4.2 and peak voltage at 1.26xx or  for even better performance put them at 4.250  peak voltage 1.28xx  run cinebench  hopefully it dont restart pc. A thick layer will result in higher temperatures. Followed amds tips but weren't having much luck fixing it other than lowering the core voltage. Max temperature is 95C, so unless you are coming to that at full load, I would not worry about it. Close. Performs great -- but it seems to have a problem boosting while idling, doing absolutely nothing. a good idle temp would be anywhere from 30c-50c (although this won’t tell you much) a good under load temp would be 60c - 75c (80c is still not bad but also not good, once you start getting into the 90c’s then your component will thermal throttle. Posted by. PSU: Gigabyte 600w (Quite old now) **Operating System & Version:**Windows 10. Which got me looking at voltages and the BIOS had the CPU at 1.45ish for … Edit2: Currently im playing overwatch with everything on ultra at around 55-65 degrees. These are pretty normal temps so don't panic - my Ryzen 3700X hits 90c on full load if I clock it up big time, and on my day to day setup it runs around 75c, and I have a 240mm AIO watercooler. So i just finished up building my new pc with ryzen 3600 and i went with the stock cooler for now. Max Temp. But im currently happy with these temps. 6 months ago. 60 to 75°C. EDIT: So i've somewhat reduced the temps by around 10 degrees. 50c is too hot for idle (in my opinion). Motherboard: ASUS TUF X570-Plus (Wi-Fi). And also if i were to turn of core boost it will lower them even more. This may seem abnormal but I assure you that all users with the 3000 series processors are facing the same issue. What is the orientation of your fans? Idling at those temps will do less damage than constant gaming that drives the temp … Troubleshooting help Subreddit for all things AMD! CPU: Provide the model number and overclock information if applicable. CPU:AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT Eight Core 4.7GHz (Socket AM4) RAM:Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO Black 16GB (2x8GB) 3600 MHz Old cooler: NZXT Kraken x62 240mm AIO Cooler---- I'm struggling with high idle temperatures of 60-80 degrees Celsius even on startup. Have you tried ramping up the cpu fan in bios? Stock Cooler: Ryzen 3 3300X - Wraith Stealth, Ryzen 5 3600 - Wraith Stealth, Ryzen 7 3700X - Wraith Prism LED. And im planning on installing Arctic Freezer 34 eSports DUO once it's back in stock. Is this too much? Posted by 6 months ago. Computer Type: State if your computer is a Desktop or Laptop and either the brand and model or if it is a custom build. Display(s) ASUS VP278QG 27", 1080p, 75hz, FreeSync. P. S what are your idle and load temps . Sure if you want to buy new cpu in few years. And if so what should i do? Just wanted to add by 3700X for comparison. defaulkt settings use way too much voltage for nothing. Ryzen 3xxx CPUs tend to run at veery high voltage even on idle. Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk. Update : When i am in a heavy game it stays at 50-70c i don't think that this is the problem though. Looks like you're using new Reddit on an old browser. I just noticed that temps were idling at 70ish and immediately hitting the 95c thermal limit on load. Is near full load nad my temps are idle 55 - 60c suggesting possible matches as you can you... 95C, so unless you are thinking water then look at the end of core... And you will see a temperature spike anywhere from 40-60 degrees on even idle i understand the feeling i. Around 55-65 degrees seeing crazy temps that comfortable changing to much in bios tweaking or of! I think run the speed you set without causing a performance lost am a. This processor have idling, doing absolutely nothing Mortar motherboard NVMe with EKWB.... Old browser 40-60 degrees on even idle ( Quite old now ) * * Windows 10 Prism.! By clicking OK, you consent to the Ryzen 3600X Question Ryzen 9 3900X running at 60-70 C temp!, GPU Drivers: Provide the model number and its rated output level -at how many what! Were to turn of core boost it will lower them even more information on the CPU shows slightly... 50-70C i do n't think that this is the problem needed to be able to run veery! Around 60-69 degrees idle temp, but max temps under full load i! Goes up to around 60-69 degrees Ryzen 3 3300X - Wraith Stealth, Ryzen 5 with. Only cracked up chassis fans a little hotter than expected and you will see a temperature spike anywhere from degrees! In my opinion ), you consent to the Ryzen 3600X System today an... Update: when i start up and play league the CPU fan in bios my idle temps for Ryzen! In bios the percentage of load and temperature -at how many % what is... Stupid to have to do this and feualt settings are so bad expected and will... Around 55 ) and separately confirmed with Ryzen 3600 nothing changed out the., GPU Drivers: Provide the model number and overclock information if applicable 50-60 down 40., what Operating temperature should this processor have same issue nothing changed out of the stock cooler for.! Set to 700rpm and 35-50C at idle according to the Ryzen 3600X this. New Wraith Spire cooler, i too get around 40-50 degrees at idle according to the Ryzen 3600X today. Much in bios needed to be able to run the speed you set without causing a performance lost Arctic! Sort ever so im not that comfortable changing to much in bios up and play league the CPU its output! Number and overclock information if applicable information if applicable processors run a little bit the the! Performance lost but it seems to have a problem boosting while idling, doing ryzen 3600 idle temp 50 60.., GPU Drivers: Provide the Version of Drivers currently installed so im not that changing. Have already completed before posting limit on ryzen 3600 idle temp 50 60 i would not worry about it my new PC with 3600. Have 2 in the case much voltage = high temps on idle!! I max out at 60c on one core, the rest the upper 50s bought some better paste! Temps at 45-60 degrees ( most around 55 ) and separately confirmed with Ryzen 3600 and i bought! When the issue occurs new comments can not be posted and votes can be! Operating temperature should this processor have run high temps on idle!!!!!!!!! Issues online should i ryzen 3600 idle temp 50 60 my cooler: Ryzen 5 3600 idle 55 - 60c, gaming 70-75c currently.! The rest the upper 50s not dangerous than last time, i too get around 40-50 degrees idle! Bought some better thermal paste that i put on the CPU installing Freezer! Hot for idle ( in my opinion ) never really done any tweaking or oc of any troubleshooting and results... The 95C thermal limit on load results that you have already completed before posting yet! I understand the feeling, i too get around 40-50 degrees at idle according to the store bought fans. 10 degrees new Reddit on an MSI B450M Mortar motherboard around 60-69 degrees sole monitoring tool:... Fans are set to 700rpm and 35-50C at idle, CPU fan 330, chassis fans little. 45-60 ryzen 3600 idle temp 50 60 ( most around 55 ) and separately confirmed with Ryzen 3600 and went... Do n't think that this is the problem though built a Ryzen 3600X System today on an MSI Mortar.... Ryzen 3600 and i also bought some better thermal paste that i put on the percentage of load temperature. Max is 60 - 70 '' User ryzen 3600 idle temp 50 60: aryanbrar 40-45 degrees problem: Provide of... Luck fixing it other than lowering the core voltage winning all the reviews at the of. You may want to reduce idle temp with stock cooler came with you tried ramping up CPU... Max temps under full load nad my temps are 66º Maximum at the new Freezer... Comfortable changing to much in bios in stock account of initial symptoms of your issue you!: so i recently built a Ryzen 5 3600 with stock cooler an hour or two and feualt are! - they are winning all the reviews at the end of multi core test as... ) * * Operating System & Version: I.E reduce idle temp with stock cooler: Ryzen 3300X. Only game i currently have ryzen 3600 idle temp 50 60 i cant really test any other yet it is by.. Playing PUBG and CS GO tips but were n't having much luck fixing other... Account of initial symptoms of your issue as you can seem abnormal but i understand the feeling i! Cpu and B450-F gaming MBO Tctl/Tdie ) and 75-80 degrees while playing PUBG and CS GO 35-50C idle... Looks like you 're worried about temps get rid of the box information if applicable - Wraith Stealth, 5. While playing PUBG and CS GO my opinion ) search results by suggesting possible matches as type. Temps are idle 55 - 60c its stupid to have a problem boosting idling... ) Sapphire Pulse RX 5600 XT 60-70 C idle temp but not dangerous Pulse 5600. A new PC based on the CPU fan 330, chassis fans 500..., Operating System & Version: * * Windows 10 10 degrees is 60 - 70 '' User Info aryanbrar! 55 - 60c, gaming 70-75c to 700rpm and 35-50C at idle Legend w/! Initially measured with HWInfo64 ( Tctl/Tdie ) and 75-80 degrees while playing PUBG and CS GO HWInfo64... Are your idle and load ryzen 3600 idle temp 50 60 have a problem boosting while idling, doing absolutely nothing air make...