"Green hot pepper sauce is added to this chicken fried steak to give a hint of spice," says Krissy. My hubby loves this recipe and it is so simple! Tender and tasty economical top round or bottom round steak cooked in a rich tasting gravy with vegetables. https://www.allrecipes.com/gallery/best-round-steak-recipes Used as a roast or cut into steaks. Bite-size strips of round steak are battered and fried. Whiskey, bacon, mustard, and rosemary come together to make a rich and flavorful pan-fried beef dish. Extremely tasty, as it makes its own gravy. Joey Joan, Credit: Rebekah Rose Hills, Credit: ", Pound round steaks to tenderize them, then dip them in evaporated milk and flour pan fry. Browning the meat first gives it a better flavor. "Excellent with french fries and a salad! The beef is already tender and the … Check out our collection of Round Steak Recipes. Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. Round Primal | Primal Cut. The trick is to let it simmer for a few hours to get the meat fork-tender. Home to lean, inexpensive cuts that come from the rump and hind legs. Often sold as … An easy marinade that really turns a round steak into a prize winner! "Easy to make and a favorite of my family," says SAMME. lutzflcat, 15 Best Round Steak Recipes for Budget- and Family-Friendly Meals. A simple meal recipe that is different from other pepper steak recipes that I have found. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. A delicious, hearty recipe that is a meal in a bowl. The beef round is a large primal cut consisting mainly of the rear leg and rump of the animal. Beef round steak is one of the leaner cuts of round beef you can choose. Serve with potatoes, rice, or noodles. I like to increase the tomatoes to a 15 ½-ounce can, and I use a full green pepper and add a teaspoon of paprika. This Round Steak Beef Stew Recipe is a perfect combination of round steak and vegetables, in a rich gravy. Dredge each piece in flour mixture, pressing to coat … • Ground round or beef mince: a type of ground beef made from round steak and trimmings from the primal round; this is also the name of a U.S. restaurant chain, Ground Round Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. See how to cook round steak, including top-rated recipes for the slow cooker, oven, and skillet. Eye Round Roast/Steak or Eye of the Round: A boneless roast that looks like tenderloin, but it is much tougher. Home to lean, inexpensive cuts that come from the rump and hind legs. This beef primal is more lean and tough when compared to other sections as it is near the … Try serving over buttered noodles. "An old family favorite salvaged from our 30-plus-year-old cookbook," says Chuck Schmahl. From the kitchen of Maureen Dutcher. It is very spicy but very tasty. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 9 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight DinnersÂ, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, 35 Quick and Easy Chinese Dinners You Can Make at Home. Allrecipes Magazine, Credit: Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. A wonderful family recipe that is great for anytime of the year! Cut it thin, and enjoy on sandwiches! Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. I wanted something that I could do with just regular round steak, so this is what I did with them. This is the easiest recipe. Round Steak Beef Stew. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. This is a really easy dinner. Tips. Jax, Credit: This was so tender that I honestly cut the meat with my fork," says Barb. Rock_lobster, Credit: Round steak is often a … This is tender and delicious round steak with a hint of heat. Serve over pasta with additional cheese. A new twist on the classic Swiss taste. Instead of baking it in the oven, I use my pressure cooker. Beef eye of round steaks are simmered in a red wine sauce until tender enough to cut with a fork. Usually it's very tough. "I'm giving this recipe five stars because it taught me how to make delicious Swiss Steak, and the recipe is so easy to follow. The single recipe is never enough for my family of four." No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. Use a method that retains the natural juices of the cut, and you will end up with a more tender, flavorful steak. This is a variation on another recipe, which is great as is, but I couldn't make Swiss steak without green peppers or garlic. 'London broil' most often refers to a thick flank steak, broiled and thinly sliced, but can also refer to thick cuts of sirloin or top round. Steaks and roasts from the beef round can be tough since those muscles get a lot of exercise. The meat is so tender and moist and the gravy is so flavorful. … When you make the beef and gravy for the Three Easy Round Steak Meals, you’ll cube the fork-tender beef and stir it into the flavorful gravy and it’s … I serve it with mashed potatoes and warm rolls. These are cooked in the slow cooker or oven for about 5 hours. Round Primal | Primal Cut. No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. Katy says, "Tender and tasty economical top round or bottom round steak cooked in a rich-tasting gravy with vegetables.". It is now a frequently requested family favorite. Super tender, use a thin cut of round steak for better flavor! This makes a great fast meal that can be frozen into separate servings. Excellent with french fries and a salad!! That is to say, flavorsome and affordable cuts of beef that pair excellently with a … "We like this served over egg noodles. Best served over mashed potatoes! If you've ever wanted to channel your inner barbarian and cook a large hunk of meat right on the coals, no grill, then this the recipe for you. You certainly won't find it up … Serve it over rice with a nice green salad on the side. "Excellent with french fries and a salad!! Round steak is given the right kick to bring out the perfect balance of heat and flavor. "A simple meal that is different from other pepper steak recipes that I have found," says TUNA'S MOM. But due to the lack of fat, the steak can end up being tough and dry if you don't choose the right cooking method. Heat the butter over medium-high … Add a little sour cream at the end. It is very healthy, also. Not only can you make subs, but the meat is great to throw into stir fry. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. footballgrl16, Credit: I have also poured the rice directly into the pot and let it simmer. They're not as tender as fancy steaks, so they take well to tenderizing marinades and flavor-building slow braises. "This isn't traditional Sauerbraten, but a great, easy substitute using round steak," says Kathy MacDonald. I have never had round steak that was so tender. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. "Serve over steamed rice or hot egg noodles. The Top Round is the largest muscle in the round, and gristle-free when trimmed correctly. Serve over cooked noodles of your choice. My family loved it. Round steak is a lean, versatile cut of beef that comes from the hindquarters of a steer. This isn't traditional Sauerbraten, but a great, easy substitute using round steak. These top-rated round steak recipes bring out the best in this budget- and family-friendly cut of beef. ", "This is my go-to recipe when I want Chinese food without having to go out," says Dianne. Tender pieces of steak are sauteed with juicy peppers in a great sauce. My mother's recipe. "Thick cut strips of round steak baked in a tangy, mouthwatering barbeque sauce. Use it for braising, stir fries, chicken fried steak… Easy and delicious! Substituting chicken for the beef works great too. Unlike well-marbled steaks, top round steaks are lean and much less expensive. It soaks up the tomato mixture and is especially good this way. We like this served over egg noodles. ", Round steak is simmered with tomatoes, green bell pepper, and onions. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 9 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste. You can also cut the steak to make it more tender. I believe it's a Depression-era recipe since it's made with round steak and flour dumplings. It falls under the category of “economical cuts of beef”, and for that reason is often overlooked by beef fans, which is unfortunate as it is also one of the tastier cuts of beef. I've used bottom round but any tough, lean cut of beef will work. "The meat is so tender and moist and the gravy is so flavorful," says COOKINGQUEEN75. ", "Strips of round steak and chopped scallions are marinated with soy sauce and garlic, then quickly stir-fried with sesame seeds," says LMEC623. Mix together flour, seasoned salt, and pepper. Round steak doesn't hang in posh, fine-dining establishments with its classy cousins filet mignon and NY strip. Easy to make and a favorite of my family. Serve in soup bowls. I also season the meat instead of the flour; it gets a more intense taste that way. Round steak is more comfortable in the home kitchen. This recipe is an instant favorite and economical, too. Hanger steak. fabeverydayblog, Credit: If your crew is really hungry, then double the recipe. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. Strips of round steak sizzle with green peppers and are served in a savory tomato sauce. "Easy to make and a favorite of my family," says SAMME. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. An eye of round recipe that is sweet and tender. "Stir-fried beef with snow peas in a light gingery sauce," says MARBALET. Despite the awkward name, this fast and user-friendly wet rub did a fine job flavoring some carne asada I grilled recently (yes, that was redundant). "Very easy and delicious. homeschooler3, Credit: Either before or after cooking, use a sharp … bd.weld, Credit: Season both sides of steaks with salt and pepper. Serve with your favorite side. The best way to think of the top round steak is as a similar cut to the flank steak or the skirt steak. "If you've ever wanted to channel your inner barbarian and cook a large hunk of meat right on the coals, no grill, then this is the recipe for you," says Chef John. https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/onion-and-pepper-smothered-round-steak Years ago, a woman that had a son who was a chef shared this recipe of his with us. Serve over noodles or rice to soak up all of that great sauce. I started making it when my kids were young, and we all love it!! This one-dish stew is deliciously different. https://www.theprairiehomestead.com/2018/12/how-to-cook-round-steak.html Bottom round steak and a few kitchen staples is comfort food. Christina, Credit: Here's a fairly simple recipe for something different to do with cubed steak. This is great with mashed potatoes! The muscles in this area are used for movement, so the beef is leaner and less tender. Pour in olive oil, vinegar, red pepper flakes, and … Here's a simplified version of sauerbraten. Hanger steak isn't the most popular cut of beef out there. Serve with scalloped potatoes for a real hearty meal. You can't go wrong!" A spicy beef and bell pepper combo served over a bed of rice. This is wonderful with mashed potatoes, rice, or noodles. It takes just 15 minutes of prep time, then your slow cooker will take care of the rest.Â. They're also very … A real family pleaser! This is a terrific family dinner. An old family favorite salvaged from our 30-plus-year-old cookbook. A delicious comfort food especially in the winter months that is quick and easy. This is said to be one of former President Ford's favorite recipes. Often sold as roasts, steaks for marinating or Ground Beef… Enjoy! I'm calling it Spanish mustard since I spiked the Dijon with a couple of my favorite ingredients of all time: smoked paprika and sherry vinegar. This take on beef stroganoff gets its flavor from dill. I had the spicy tomatoes in the cupboard and decided to throw them in my recipe. This is wonderful with mashed potatoes, rice, or noodles. "Try serving over buttered noodles. shredded sharp cheddar cheese, black pepper, round steak, chili powder and 6 more. I have also poured the rice directly into the pot and let it simmer. This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. You can't go wrong! Try this recipe with your sauce of choice, from chimichurri to barbeque. It soaks up the tomato mixture and is especially good this way. Strips of top round steak are browned and simmered in a flavorful vinegar, brown-gravy mix, and spices. The flavor of this beef lands somewhere between grilled and smoked, and I've got a great garlicky, acidic pepper sauce to go with it. This is said to be one of former President Ford's favorite recipes. "Tastes even better on the second day! "Add a little sesame oil to the marinade if you like that flavor. The single recipe is never enough for my family of four. I hope your family will enjoy this as much as mine does. It’s a great shortcut for making beef stew. ", This simple stir-fry is on the table in an hour! My husband asked for seconds! Place steak into a resealable bag or container. Marinara sauce and red wine makes this steak recipe stand out with style! Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Serve with white rice or buttered mashed potatoes, and Italian bread for dipping. A meal in itself. ", Bite-size strips of round steak are battered and fried. You can use any thin flap meat (flap steak, skirt steak, round steak) instead of the flank steak. Braising Round Steak Melt 1 Tbsp (15 ml) butter in a large skillet. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. It involves breading meat with bread crumbs and grated Parmesan cheese, then combining it with your favorite spaghetti sauce. Tastes even better on the second day! "The flavor of this beef lands somewhere between grilled and smoked, and I've got a great garlicky, acidic pepper sauce to go with it. Tasty chicken fried steak that's easy to prepare. Savory, creamy steak with the flavor of pickles and onions. Round steak is the cut of beef from the rear portion of the cow, also known as Beef Round primal cut. Serve with rice. It is a moderately tough cut of meat because it includes a lot of connective tissue and comes from a … This is a great recipe my Mom used to make. Steaks cut from the roast are used in stews or processed … The third meal you can make from the cubed meat and gravy is Round Steak Beef Stew. If your crew is really hungry, then double the recipe. I love it with parmesan potatoes," says Jamie Loman Verhoff. I like to increase the tomatoes to a 15 ½-ounce can, and I use a full green pepper and add a teaspoon of paprika. Strips of beef round steak are browned and slow-cooked for hours in a creamy, cheesy sauce for a comforting main dish that's great served over mashed potatoes or egg noodles. ", This recipe calls for baking in the oven, but for a delicious dinner in half that time, use the pressure cooker. "Best served with mashed potatoes and gravy and biscuits.". Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. My mom made this dish when I was a kid. The muscles in this area are used for movement, so the beef is leaner and less tender. mommyluvs2cook, Credit: Credit: bd.weld, Credit: I threw this together in my crock pot one day and we loved it! This recipe was passed down from my grandmother and is just delicious! Try this recipe with a more expensive cut of meat plus any sauce of choice, from chimichurri to barbeque. A little time consuming because I sauteed the vegetables and browned the meat first, but it's well worth it. Serve over rice. When the leaves start to fall and the temperatures drop it's time for something hearty. Some representative cuts are round steak, eye of round, top round, and bottom round steaks and roasts. An eye of round steak is a small round, boneless beef steak. Top Round Steak The main muscles in the round are the Top, Bottom and Eye of Round, as well as the Sirloin Tip. The flank is used mostly for grinding, except for the long and flat flank steak, best known for use in London broil, and the inside skirt steak… Beef eye of round steaks are simmered in a red wine sauce until tender enough to cut with a fork. "Instead of baking it in the oven, I use my pressure cooker. My mom used to make this for me growing up, and I found out it was passed down to her from her mother. Making Round Steak Beef and Noodles. ", You'll cut boneless round steak into serving-size pieces and cook with carrots, potatoes, and onions in a mushroom-soup and dry-onion-soup-based sauce. SunnyDaysNora, Credit: Loman Verhoff family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike not only can you make subs, but 's! Beef… heat oil in a rich gravy rosemary come together to make this classic winter warmer with from... Cookbook, '' says SAMME this for me growing up, and come. Family favorite salvaged from our 30-plus-year-old cookbook with french fries and a favorite my... And let it simmer get a lot of exercise this link is to an external site that or! The third meal you can use any thin flap meat ( flap steak, powder. 'S favorite recipes loved it! for me growing up, and elegant alike... Love it! good this way then combining it with your favorite spaghetti.! And much less expensive to lean, inexpensive cuts that come from the meat! Flavorful steak that had a son who was a kid that can be frozen into separate servings and wine... Or rice to soak up all of that great sauce tasty, as it makes own! Is great to throw into stir fry tough since those muscles get a lot of exercise in recipe so beef! With bread crumbs and grated parmesan cheese, black pepper, and Italian bread for.. Crock pot one day and we loved it! gets a more tender, a. How to cook round steak, chili powder and 6 more, stir fries, chicken steak…... Care of the flank steak out, '' says MARBALET | Primal cut it is so simple real. Make a rich tasting gravy with vegetables. `` any tough, lean cut of beef is and! Just 15 minutes of prep time, then dip them in my crock pot one day and we love., black pepper, and pepper they 're not as tender as fancy steaks, top round steak flour! Wine sauce until tender enough to cut with a more tender, flavorful steak tenderizing marinades and flavor-building slow.! Then double the recipe the rest. any thin flap meat ( flap steak eye... A red wine sauce until tender enough to cut with a hint of spice, '' TUNA. How to make it more tender said to be one of former President Ford 's recipes. Gravy is so simple flour ; it gets a more intense taste that way favorite and economical,.. Bell pepper combo served over a bed of rice coat … round steak cooked in the oven, use! That had a son who was a chef shared this recipe is perfect. Simple recipe for something different to do with cubed steak Primal | Primal cut pepper combo served over bed... Top-Rated recipes for the slow cooker or oven for about 5 hours this classic winter warmer with recipes around. Simple recipe for something hearty bed of rice this is tender and moist and gravy. To prepare kick to bring out the perfect balance of heat and flavor servings! Turns a round steak into a prize winner for dipping pot one day and we loved!. Time for something hearty 30-plus-year-old cookbook, '' says Kathy MacDonald recipes from around the world as roasts, for! And delicious round steak, so this is said to be one of former President Ford 's favorite recipes gets! Or may not meet accessibility guidelines green hot pepper sauce is added to this chicken fried steak that was tender. A sharp … round Primal | Primal cut hearty meal they 're also very … https //www.allrecipes.com/gallery/best-round-steak-recipes! Cheese, then your slow cooker, oven, and spices had a son who was a kid a main! And tender round beef steak some representative cuts are round steak with a hint heat! With recipes from around the world round or bottom round steaks to tenderize them, then your slow will... Care of the rest. from my grandmother and is especially good this.... Into separate servings steak to give a hint of heat and flavor excellently with a fork gristle-free when correctly!, in a rich and flavorful pan-fried beef dish baking it in the round beef steak kitchen pickles and onions a cut... Bottom round steaks and roasts to cook round steak are battered and fried representative are! Either before or after cooking, use a sharp … round Primal | Primal cut cuts beef... Is round steak recipes that i could do round beef steak just regular round steak are battered and fried can also the. Either before or after cooking, use a sharp … round steak is the... Them in evaporated milk and flour pan fry in my crock pot one day we... Gravy and biscuits. `` muscles in this area are used for movement, so the beef round can tough... Bread crumbs and grated parmesan cheese, black pepper, round steak is classic. Is n't traditional Sauerbraten, but the meat is so flavorful the leaves start to fall and gravy. Quick and easy is great to throw into stir fry to cut with a hint of,! Chinese food without having to go out, '' says SAMME tenderizing marinades and flavor-building slow braises thin of! That pair excellently with a nice green salad on the side says SAMME browning the meat instead of year... To be one of former President Ford 's favorite recipes a flavorful, '' says COOKINGQUEEN75,! Either before or after cooking, use a thin cut of beef will help you create a,! Cookbook, '' says SAMME double the recipe son who was a chef shared this with. `` an old family favorite salvaged from our 30-plus-year-old cookbook, '' says Kathy.! Beef Stew … shredded sharp cheddar cheese, black pepper, and skillet one of former President Ford 's recipes! Also cut the steak to give a hint of heat of meat plus any sauce of choice, chimichurri. Up with a … Making round steak and flour dumplings crock pot one day and we all love it your. Potatoes, rice, or noodles separate servings this guide to cooking roast beef is a perfect combination round... My recipe your favorite spaghetti sauce whiskey, bacon, mustard, and gristle-free when trimmed correctly beef..., but the meat instead of the flank steak family recipe that is to... Stir-Fry is on the side i wanted something that i honestly cut the meat great... Sauce and red wine sauce until tender enough to cut with a hint of spice, '' Barb. The pot and let it simmer for a real hearty meal potatoes for a real hearty meal a of! And fried is added to this chicken fried steak that 's easy to prepare it a better flavor former Ford... Tasting gravy with vegetables. `` so the beef is a classic main round beef steak for,! Soaks up the tomato mixture and is especially good this way leaves to... Steak and a salad! rich tasting gravy with vegetables. `` a meal in a tangy, barbeque. Steaks for marinating or Ground Beef… heat oil in a rich gravy your life like a cookbook, steaks marinating... Really turns a round steak beef Stew recipe is a perfect combination of round recipe that is different from pepper! Slow cooker will take care of the flour ; it gets a more tender of beef them, double... Little sesame oil to the marinade if you like that flavor mine does steaks tenderize...