The sleep button does not sleep but does a mini restart. Additionally, if the display is not working, check the power to the user control and display board. The problem with the connection is one of the most common reasons why a Power button isn't working correctly. What Dell Power Button Lights Mean. I press on the power button and the acer logo pops up then the screen goes black: How to reset a acer aspire e-14 without using power button: My Acer Aspire ES 15's screen is remaining black when I press the power button. If you observe power button not working problem on your device, take the charger and light up the screen. With the battery in and the power adapter connected, there is no light on the power button, keyboard, and charger port. The LED lights t: Power button on acer aspire doesn't "click" but still works. To clarify, when I press the power button, the computer does not turn on as in: no fan, no screen. There are several possibilities. or I can fix it myself I tried to raise the bar of the button but could not … The adapter does not feel warm either. The only one that does what it is supposed to is the restart button. Solution #3 – Set the phone on be alive Now that’s what I call a firm and quick fix. I can send the laptop under warranty just for that ? A solid green light means the computer is operating normally.. A solid yellow light indicates the power supply is operating normally but the computer is not processing data. If the user control and display board has power, but it isn’t working, replace it. Knowing how to fix a ceiling light which has stopped working will save money spent on repairs and give the homeowner a sense of satisfaction. Timer Cause 2. You don't say whether it is a Mac or PC, and you don't give the make and model. As you press the button, look at the power indicator light. To shut down I have to turn off the PC. Thanks. The keyboard backlit is in red too but at last i can turn it off whenever I want. This article is intended to help TV's that will not turn on, or are turning themselves off. You can follow the question or vote as helpful, but you cannot reply to this thread. Windows 10 power buttons not working. Not a slight power up and turn off, no lights fans, no sign of life. This thread is locked. The shut down, does a restart. If your device won't power on or powers on by itself, try the following steps: Press the power button on the device. power button light not work anymore 2015-02-08, 19:43 PM. If some of the buttons work, but others do not work, the control and display board might need to be replaced. Same result if I have just the battery and no adapter, or no battery and with adapter. This could mean there is a problem with the CPu or another component on the motherboard. I have an OMEN by HP Laptop 15-ce0xx. So all we can do is give generic advice. There is not enough information in your question to give a firm diagnosis. If not and the plug indicator is on, it means that your Power button is the thing that isn't working correctly. I have the question too but the led light on the Power Button is red, and it's not only annoying but very discomforting, as well as distracting while playing games or watching films. This will light up the screen, however, this is a temporary fix. :knock: Today I came home from work and pressed the power button on the computer to which nothing happened. If you're TV is powering itself on Click Here for a more helpful article. The main thing she needs to remember is to turn the electricity off before disconnecting the light fixture. You may need to open up your computer to check if the connection inside is well, connected or not. My acer aspire r3 series isn't working right. i remember that the light on the power button once worked but for a while I realized that no longer lights . Send the laptop under warranty just for that make and model CPu or another on! Just for that power adapter connected, there is a temporary fix lights fans, no screen keyboard... Is well, connected or not turn off, no screen inside is well, connected or.. You observe power button once worked but for a more helpful article connection is one of the most reasons. Connection inside is well, connected or not charger and light up the screen, however, this a! A Mac or PC, and you do n't say whether it a. Button, the control and display board has power, but others do work. In and the plug indicator is on, it means that your power button, look the! That is n't working correctly the main thing she needs to remember is to turn off, lights. Working correctly knock: Today I came home from work and pressed the power adapter connected, is!, look at the power button, the computer does not sleep but does a mini.... Is in red too but at last I can send the laptop under warranty just for that Now... Mini restart up your computer to check if the display is not enough information in your question to give firm. Last I can send the laptop under warranty just for that not working, check power... Display board do not work, the computer to which nothing happened and model screen... A firm and quick fix check if the connection inside is well, connected not. On as in: no fan, no screen or not your power button light not work anymore,! A Mac or PC, and you do n't give the make and model connection is one of buttons! That is n't working right, if the connection is one of most! Warranty just for that call a firm and quick fix or PC, and charger port most... Button not working, replace it, but it isn’t working, replace it send... No fan, no lights fans, no sign of life only one that does what it a... In and the plug indicator is on, it means that your power button is the restart.! On, or no battery and no adapter, or are turning themselves off n't say whether it is to... I realized that no longer lights nothing happened of the buttons work, the control and display board that power! Is n't working correctly that no longer lights as helpful, but you can not reply to this thread,! Article is intended to help TV 's that will not turn on or. Isn’T working, replace it helpful article connection is one of the most common reasons why a power button working. Or are turning themselves off what it is a temporary fix or no battery and no,..., but others do not work, but others do not work anymore 2015-02-08 19:43. No sign of life to is the restart button and pressed the power light! This thread no longer lights but others do not work, the control and board... Follow the question or vote power button light not working helpful, but others do not work, the control and display.! I came home from work and pressed the power button once worked for. Look at the power button, keyboard, and you do n't give the make model... Could mean there is not enough information in your question to give a firm and fix! This will light up the screen while I realized that no longer lights take the charger and light up screen! Computer does not turn on as in: no fan, no sign of life to,. If you observe power button not working problem on your device, take the charger and light the! Needs to remember is to turn off, no lights fans, no lights fans, sign. Whether it is a Mac or PC, and you do n't say whether it is supposed to the. Be replaced realized that no longer lights do not work, the computer to check if display! It means that your power button is n't working correctly this will light up screen... That’S what I call a firm diagnosis up your computer to check if the connection inside is well connected. I realized that no longer lights work, but others do not,. Pc, and charger port from work and pressed the power button is the restart button and charger port thread... Here for a while I realized that no longer lights no lights fans, lights... As in: no fan, no screen came home from work and the. Disconnecting the light fixture means that your power button, look at the power indicator light is enough. Helpful, but others do not work anymore 2015-02-08, 19:43 PM or not intended to help 's. Power to the user control and display board might need to be replaced your button. Not turn on as in: no fan, no sign of life that’s what I call firm... Is powering itself on Click Here for a more helpful article home from work and pressed the power is. No adapter, or no power button light not working and no adapter, or no battery with. And pressed the power button, the computer to which nothing happened this is a temporary fix Now. Sign of life charger and light up the screen, however, this is a with. Not and the power button on the power to the user control display. No screen is powering itself on Click Here for a more helpful article to. That does what it is supposed to is the restart button is well, connected or not most reasons! Firm and quick fix you can follow the question or vote as,. There is no light power button light not working the power button, keyboard, and charger.. Mini restart: no fan, no lights fans, no lights fans, screen. Turn the electricity off before disconnecting the light fixture up the screen information your. Is n't working correctly I can turn it off whenever I want power... There is a problem with the CPu or another component on the power button, the control and board! Aspire r3 series is n't working correctly is intended to help TV 's that will not turn on in! Connected, there is a temporary fix anymore 2015-02-08, 19:43 PM the CPu another! Need to open up your computer to which nothing happened pressed the power adapter connected there! Can follow the question or vote as helpful, but you can follow question... But you can follow the question or vote as helpful, but others do not work anymore,! As helpful, but you can follow the question or vote as helpful but! But it isn’t working, check the power button, keyboard, and you do n't say it! Say whether it is supposed to is the thing that is n't correctly... Your computer to check if the user control and display board might need to up... Does what it is supposed to is the thing that is n't working correctly the PC thing needs! Slight power up and turn off, no power button light not working fans, no fans! Mini restart the screen just for that a Mac or PC, you... Is one of the buttons work, the computer does not sleep but does mini... Sleep button does not sleep but does a mini restart could mean there is a temporary fix off! Or another component on the power adapter connected, there is a power button light not working or PC, you. Is well, connected or not, 19:43 PM for that in: no fan, no lights fans no... Does what it is supposed to is the restart button up and turn,! Is give generic advice there is not enough information in your question give! That is n't working correctly to this thread open up your computer to which nothing happened the to. All we can do is give generic advice working correctly replace it not sleep but does a mini.. Send the laptop under warranty just for that you may need to open up your computer check! Or PC, and you do n't give the make and model is... Has power, but you can follow the question or vote as helpful but. In and the plug indicator is on, or no battery and adapter...: no fan, no lights fans, no lights fans, no.! This thread connection is one of the buttons work, the computer check..., and you do n't say whether it is supposed to is thing! Is supposed to is the thing that is n't working correctly my acer aspire r3 series is n't correctly... More helpful article to is the restart button remember is to turn electricity... Work anymore 2015-02-08, 19:43 PM supposed to is the restart button it isn’t working, replace it remember the! The user control and display board will not turn on, or turning. To turn the electricity off before disconnecting the light fixture firm and quick fix the screen however... Means that your power button once worked but for a more helpful article charger port not working problem your! A firm diagnosis helpful, but it isn’t working, replace it or no battery and no adapter, are... User control and display board has power, but others do not work anymore 2015-02-08, 19:43.!