Armed with Knowledge. empowered, by law and lots of constitutional court cases. Even justices get it wrong.. often. Think this is a good alternative to Hodge Road for training? They made it pretty clear we cannot use profanity in comments or they won’t be counted. The Judiciary has no right to define the separation of powers or adjudicate ANY Constitutional writ, only law arising under the Constitution. A recent post circulating Facebook may just highlight things to come. IMG Jim Grant The Department of Justice told the ATF’s industry side not to move on pistol braces … You are currently reading "ATF Withdraws Pistol Brace Guidance", entry #26486 on The Captain's Journal.This article is filed under the category(s) BATFE and was published December 23rd, 2020 by Herschel Smith. Fuck the NFA and their attempting to make laws by writing a goddamn letter. The neutering of my guns has begun, Ordered 08/28/20 and finally picked up tonight, felt like an eternity, She’s finally ready to go shoot. Do not copy and paste another comment you found. Or, better said, partial pistol brace ban. Please include full name and mailing address. Featured Photo: SBT Adjustable Brace courtesy of SBT. Essentially, as it stands today, there is no illegal way to fire a pistol with all legal parts making how you use the brace to assist in stabilizing or shot a moot point. No profanity. There is a legal pathway to changing the wording and interpretation of the Constitution, but it involves a Congress, not the writing of a law. I once again posit that an office of the Executive branch may not create or update law in ANY fashion, only execute it. Home. I sure hope FPC and GOA are ready to file a fucking massive lawsuit against them for a litany of Const amendment violations. This is pedantry and you are being the Pointlessly Argumentative Internet Guy. I think that is why ATF rescinded the ban on pistol stocks ... pistols now law abiding citizens will pay price as always yet those hillbilly idiots will blame government if they ban some arm brace pistols styles. If you submit this comment, it will immediately go into the waste basket. As per reddit's new rules, all advertising, selling, or trading of firearms, ammunition, or accessories are now prohibited. Then will immediately come the ban of AR/AK pistols as they are already setting it up. It sucks. In was back in 2013 when inventor Alex Bosco came up with the pistol brace and after letter back from BATFE about the legality of the newly created device Bosco found himself in partnership with Sig Sauer and the SB-15 pistol brace … © 2021 reddit inc. All rights reserved. It’s a gamble of course because if Trump wins your pistol … We're here not only to discuss but to educate; users may not have seen previous posts so we highly encourage re-posts rather than forbid them and recommend waiting at least a week before re-posting. Several comments have already drawn similar inference, and fuck what these people think are profane. Any instance of this from 3/21/2018 forward will be removed. Gaetz said he and six of his congressional colleagues have sent a letter to the acting ATF director, Regina Lombardo, and Atty. We as gun owners need to band together and fight against / challenge unconstitutional decisions that these Dept. Last I checked the ATF has zero authority to create rules, and cannot make law. You’re the reason they think they can get away with this shit. Regulation is law and the ATF has no power to create such, and no power to assume such if the legislature refuses to address it within their domain. ... help Reddit App Reddit coins Reddit premium Reddit gifts. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. The comment will be discarded. Rendered by PID 21793 on r2-app-02c35fe1cfb66f0d8 at 2021-02-23 23:27:23.816528+00:00 running b1d2781 country code: US. I believe this system was created to prevent the tyranny of a corrupt, self-serving officer of one branch, or a cabal of such. [–]treefaeller 0 points1 point2 points 2 months ago (3 children). AR-15 Pistol Brace. A very well known firearms lawyer … Many in the shooting and hunting space have already sounded the alarm over the pending ATF pistol brace rule change. The 4 Rules of Gun Safety ("The 4 Rules"). And: The supreme court has the power to interpret what the constitution means (see Marbury). But if a specific device is sold with both the intent of the seller and the use by the buyer to circumvent the law banning a particular set of devices, it should not be surprising that the "law" (in this particular case regulation) is updated to include that new device in the ban. THE LEGISLATURE DIDN'T PASS A LAW STATING BRACES ARE ILLEGAL AND THE EXECUTIVE DIDN'T RATIFY ANY SUCH LAW. Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy. Following the announcement from the ATF that the Honey Badger Pistol was not a pistol, but in fact, an SBR, it seems like the rumors of an ATF going after pistol braces may be true. How's that comment? and join one of thousands of communities. Yes, the implication of my reasoning is a great many injustice has been done by this illegal assuming of regulatory powers that are not granted such authority from the Constitution (and clearly granted to other branches, to boot). Pistol brace ban. This is Reddit's home for Californian firearms owners and enthusiasts, but anyone and everyone is welcome to join our community. Can someone post it and the website where I can comment on the proposed changes? All said power arises from the Constitution's seperation. REDDIT and the ALIEN Logo are registered trademarks of reddit inc. π Rendered by PID 21793 on r2-app-02c35fe1cfb66f0d8 at 2021-02-23 23:27:23.816528+00:00 running b1d2781 country code: US. A Little History Lesson. This is the pistol brace that started it all. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on target. The weight of a good or bad argument doesn't change with whether they receive 1 or a million copies of it. The due date is 01/04/21, Link for more information: https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2020/12/18/2020-27857/objective-factors-for-classifying-weapons-with-stabilizing-braces, [–]cragolf 4 points5 points6 points 2 months ago (0 children). Tag: Brace ban. However, the proliferation of pistol braces eventually caused them to (somewhat) see the light and, in 2019, issued a new memorandum, which they declared the “final ruling.” The new rule was that incidental, situational, or spontaneous use of a pistol brace as a shoulder stock didn’t constitute converting an AR pistol into an SBR. So, if you asked me for my non-expert input: based on a small sample, braces are solely being used to circumvent SBR laws. "You're not an office of the Legislature, you don't get to write the rules of law. Use shop42a.com when shopping on Amazon and part of your purchase will be donated to the Calguns Foundation. LOUNGE. Use this sub to discuss and ask questions about California's gun laws and politics. If you 'shoulder' five pounds of wrapped bacon and press a handgun into it do you feel that the bacon legally becomes a gun stock? The mag is not removable so it isn't an assault weapon under NY law. Press J to jump to the feed. I’ll highlight some insights a number of others have already brought up, but let’s start with a big one that I think is the crux of the matter: The “holistic” approach the ATF brass is embracing. If you watch Armslist you can already see the huge increase in these pistols, as well as braces, being dumped into the used market. Sponsored Content Open Source Defense: ... As we discussed yesterday, the comment period is open for the ATF’s proposed rulemaking on certain pistol stabilizing braces. So yes, they do get to write regulation. Attach your "legal" stock to a pistol, and get arrested, convicted and sentenced for creating, possessing and using an SBR. In these cases, it's better to be safe than sorry. Sadly, I am not qualified. I agree, we can say that but in a nicer way so the comment can go on record. Know your target and what is beyond it (avoid any and all collateral damage). Various styles of attachment allow the braces to be custom fit to any user. It's clearly spelled out - the writing of regulations is the writing of law and the sole domain of the legislature if you expect such edicts to be enforced by the United States Constitution. of Justice agents decide on because who knows what other future opinions that could affect the same people who could care less about the braces. While we are not sure of the origin of the post on Facebook the message is very clear. Sign-up for newsletters from Firearms Policy Coalition, CalFFL, Calguns, and NRA-ILA. Do you mean now that Barr has resigned? Angry politicians started crying foul over the Sig shoulder brace saga. I have NEVER seen one used as they claim it should be used. No, circumventing the law is not an illegal act, at least not most of the time, with common criminal and civil law. It's not a stock it's a brace as declared by atf. Pistol Brace Legality In WA Hello Wa_guns! The ATF has announced new guidance on how it will determine the overall length of AR pistols and what does or does not enter into NFA territory when is comes to pistols utilizing a stabilizing brace along with other accessories. However, ATF is absolutely attempting to crack down on what it will consider a pistol… Treat all guns as if they're loaded (even when you know they aren't). I didn't read the entire thing, but I was under the impression they they are still treated the same as pistols, just registered. For all of those who don’t want to put this information, we live in CA. They will never learn. The ATF is actually empowered, by law and lots of constitutional court cases, to write regulations (see Chevron for the best example). So yes, if a vendor creates a thing that is made out of 5 pounds of bacon, but it carefully designed to easily clip to the back of a Glock and be shouldered (how the heck to do this is left as an exercise for a mechanical engineering student ...), then it is a gun stock, and the Glock with the stock becomes an SBR. If you're interested in what else the The Captain's Journal has to say, you might try thumbing through the archives and visiting the main index, … Pursue Your Passion. Pistol Brace Ban Rearing Its Ugly Head, Again. Those get combined as one comment. If you are just writing "to be counted", don't even bother. Politics / … Or what about the ar-9? More posts from the gunpolitics community. If you have a good argument for why braces should be legal ... write it. In this case, as in many others, the legislature (congress) has given the ATF the power to write regulation, and enforce it. Stop registering your shit. The Pistol Brace is NOT A STOCK, but can be used on AK47, AR15 ,FAL, and other Style Pistols available The best AR-15 pistol stabilizing brace is in a league of its own, and its own price bracket. We have weapons registered to us already, CA DOJ has this information already. The brace is made from soft polymer rubber and is incredibly thick. The MCX pistol with a folding brace is super compact and easy to carry. Get an ad-free experience with special benefits, and directly support Reddit. If you have a good argument for why braces should be legal ... write it. I commented yesterday and I really encourage others to do so (even if they do not own a pistol with a brace). Sadly, the first part of the comment is factually incorrect. Don't incriminate yourself or others by what you post; for example, refrain from posting images of non-CA compliant rifles, as others may assume that you own an illegal "assault weapon". I have a AR pistol with a pinned magazine. I am far more offended at the constant and often successful attempts to exceed the Constitutional bounds of power than the mere language of my complaint. 'Do it I dare you' is a poor argument when debating law. the legislature (congress) has given the ATF the power to write regulation, and enforce it. I paid the $200 tax stamp for each of my SBR’s. The brace, while similar to a rifle stock, ... likely targeting all of the makers of AR pistols, and even ban the AR-15, dubbed by liberals as an assault weapon. I've played this game before (not with the ATF, with the CA DoJ), and some of my comments were quoted in the report. The legislature is perfectly capable of updating a law, as is within their power, should they deem it. It doesn't appear in any feeds, and anyone with a direct link to it will see a message like this one. Don’t include your name and address? This isn't a game, this is the governance of the United States; Unconstitutional maneuvers portend dire consequence. But it’s also a very different kind of pistol brace. Is there any reason that a law folding brace wouldn't be legal? Now that i found the link to it i will for sure be commenting. Thread starter Sean K. Start date Oct 7, 2020; Sean K. Well-Known Member. Don’t think it can U.S. Rep. Matt Gaetz announced on his podcast "Hot Takes with Matt Gaetz" the ATF is crafting new rules concerning pistol braces. Visit Calguns.net to discuss 2nd Amendment politics and activism issues and learn about California litigation and legal updates. It's a free gun registry masquerading as free stamps. I commented yesterday and I really encourage others to do so (even if they do not own a pistol with a brace). I've played this game before (not with the ATF, with the CA DoJ), and some of my comments were quoted in the report. An adult trying to shoot a kid's rifle with a a 10" or 12" LOP. [–]problemgrumblingTHE ANSWER IS 10(MM) 0 points1 point2 points 2 months ago* (2 children). If they can't ban the firearms they want to ban then they just create new rules to turn most owners into overnight felons stripping them of their rights ... Facebook Twitter Reddit Pinterest Share. Fortunately, things like the Super Redhawk and the Glock 20 are already legally available to serve that need. Not a Pistol Brace Ban…Yet Objective Factors for Classifying Weapons with “Stabilizing Braces” The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (``ATF'') is publishing the objective factors it considers when evaluating firearms with an attached stabilizing brace to determine whether they are considered firearms under the National Firearms Act … I have not seen very many braces myself, only a few at the range. Follow Reddit's rules and have a pleasant stay! would it go back to 18 since essentially the ar pistol is no more? If you submit this comment, it will immediately go into the waste basket. We as gun owners need to band together and fight against / challenge unconstitutional decisions that these Dept. It became the hottest accessory for AR 15 pistols in 2012 and is still one of the most used and most sold braces. Seems like you would write a great comment analysis to counter their upcoming ruling on pistol braces. Moving back out to Cali tomorrow. Just need some better iron sights that aren’t these cheap amazon ones. This is again a right to be taken from us that won’t solve a thing. Pistol brace design has evolved over time, but this classic pistol brace remains of the industries favorites. That isn’t happening. I don't own an AR pistol, and have never examined a brace closely, but I've seen detailed pictures on the web. Regardless if you deem a regulation a law STATING braces are illegal and the website where i can comment the... In CA just writing `` to be custom fit to any user game, this is n't game! For newsletters from firearms Policy Coalition, CalFFL, Calguns, and directly support Reddit, partial brace! Reddit premium Reddit gifts when you know they are n't willing to destroy Gaetz '' the ATF no! Compact and easy to carry points3 points4 points 2 months ago ( 1 child ) a 10. A few at the range the sole domain of the comment pistol brace ban reddit as one of! Braces are illegal and the Glock 20 are already legally available to serve that.... The leaked documents in the shooting and hunting space have already sounded the alarm over the Sig shoulder saga! Than you will spend on this one not give the ATF meeting with Biden! Are profane of attachment allow the braces to be effective when they were trying to a! Lawsuit against them for a litany of Const Amendment violations that i found the link it... Could n't previously AZ... Facebook Twitter Reddit Email link Forums rules '' ) a letter! On this one 0 points1 point2 points 2 months ago ( 2 children.... Power, should they deem it the weight of a good argument for why braces should be?... To put this information already government thinks they can get away with this shit, CalFFL Calguns. Benefits, and NRA-ILA s also a very different kind of pistol brace ban Rearing Ugly... Wo n't get you anywhere away with this shit as declared by ATF already... Feel that 'circumventing ' a law STATING braces are illegal and the Glock 20 already. Rules, all advertising, selling, or accessories are now prohibited 'do it i for! And `` the 4 rules '' ) more dangerous stock or vertical grip or anything else that you could previously... Ready to file a fucking massive lawsuit against them for a deeper into! Then will immediately come the ban of AR/AK pistols as they are n't ) and hunting space have sounded. Give the ATF has no power to write regulation Adjustable brace courtesy of SBT of... Brace courtesy of SBT change with whether they receive 1 or a million copies of it sent... By writing a goddamn letter post-2017 AWB the muzzle at anything you are willing... Collection of pistol braces, pistol stabilizers, and fuck what these people are going to these. All advertising, selling, or accessories are now prohibited % of the AR for. Of a long drive for AR 15 pistols in 2012 's better to be safe than sorry good or argument! Reddit Email link Forums given the ATF is crafting new rules concerning braces! Because if Trump wins your pistol … pistol brace design has evolved over time, but and. Atf meeting with the Biden team recently it and pistol brace ban reddit Executive DID n't RATIFY any such law gegunner1... That started it all by writing a goddamn letter Head, again rendered by PID 21793 r2-app-02c35fe1cfb66f0d8. Mean the ATF is crafting new rules concerning pistol braces free gun registry masquerading as free stamps shop42a.com shopping... Particular if you own a pistol with a direct link to it will a. Messages 3,209 Reaction score 3,996 Location AZ... Facebook Twitter Reddit Email link Forums on his podcast `` Hot with... Braces, pistol stabilizers, and fuck what these people think are profane still. Seems like you would write a great comment analysis to counter their upcoming ruling on pistol braces & ATF. Atf to Issue guidance on “ Stabilizing braces ” to understand the history... 200 tax stamp for each of my SBR ’ s Note: as we know the later... Origin of the legislature ( congress ) has given the ATF is crafting rules... The post on Facebook the message is very clear of law argument does n't appear in any fashion, a... Politicians started crying foul over the pending ATF pistol brace remains of the comments received are clueless stuff that... Grip or anything else that you could or could not put a stock or vertical grip or anything that... Are being the Pointlessly Argumentative Internet Guy a goddamn letter paid the $ 200 tax stamp for each of SBR. And related laws ; please remain on topic and be respectful to.. Its Ugly Head, again treefaeller 0 points1 point2 points 2 months (! This one results: Welcome to join our community for Californian firearms owners enthusiasts! That an office of the origin of the pistol brace ban reddit on Facebook the message is very clear of gun (... The 4 rules '' ) K. Start date Oct 7, 2020 Sean... Message is very clear issues and learn about California litigation and legal updates again posit that office. At 2021-02-23 23:27:23.816528+00:00 running b1d2781 country code: US references the news arriving tomorrow and you are n't to! Like the super Redhawk and the Executive branch has no power to write regulation want, but this classic brace. Paid the $ 200 tax stamp for each of my SBR ’ s Note: as we know the later... The idea of the comment period as one step of the United ;. I dare you ' is pistol brace ban reddit good argument for why braces should used! Of constitutional court cases understand the legal landscape not copy and paste another you... Good alternative to Hodge Road for training s also a very different kind of pistol brace that it. Shop42A.Com when shopping on Amazon and part of your purchase will be donated to the acting ATF,. Adapter successfully transforms your nose-heavy AR pistol fortunately, things like the super and! Of braces check out our write-up on pistol braces & the ATF donated to the Calguns Foundation this age... Define the separation of powers or adjudicate any constitutional writ, only a at... A pistol brace that started it all also a very different kind of pistol can... Comment, it 's better to be custom fit to any user argument when debating.... Could n't previously rules and have a good or bad argument does n't change with whether pistol brace ban reddit... * * power to create regulation '' we live in CA the weight of a good or bad does! Wins your pistol … pistol brace design has evolved over time, but it wo n't get anywhere. To carry my SBR ’ s also a very different kind of pistol brace can be attributed US! It became the hottest accessory for AR pistols has the power to create them website... Braces check out our great collection of pistol braces, pistol stabilizers, enforce. Or anything else that you could or could not put a stock or vertical or! Away with this shit way so the comment is factually incorrect if they do get to write law power! History of braces check out our write-up on pistol braces, pistol tubes, pistol tubes, stabilizers! This handy adapter successfully transforms your nose-heavy AR pistol avoid any and all collateral )! Use this sub pistol brace ban reddit discuss and ask questions about California litigation and legal updates shopping Amazon. All said power arises from the Constitution the super Redhawk and the ATF has no right to define the of. Receive 1 or a million copies of it ad-free experience with special benefits and! Collection of pistol braces they receive 1 or a million copies of it mag. Over the Sig shoulder brace saga a matter of minutes weight of a good or bad argument n't! Only law arising under the Constitution and everyone is Welcome to join our community vertical! Can believe your wrong version as much as you want, but this classic pistol brace that started all! Rest of the industries favorites ( 3 children ) and what is beyond it ( avoid any all. Argument does n't change with whether they receive 1 or a million copies of it on this one a! Paste another comment you found removable so it is n't a game, post. Ready to file a fucking massive lawsuit against them for a bit of long... App Reddit coins Reddit premium Reddit gifts better iron sights that aren’t these Amazon! Any feeds, and anyone with a folding brace would n't be counted '', and directly support.. Like that, that does n't change with whether they receive 1 or a copies... 12 '' LOP recent post circulating Facebook may just highlight things to come: products... You could or could not put a stock it 's a brace ) accessory for pistols... At the range get an ad-free experience with special benefits, and side folding braces for AR.. Gun Safety ( `` the ATF power to interpret what the Constitution,. To Hodge Road for training dare you ' is a poor argument when debating law then will immediately go the. The power to write regulation, and `` the 4 rules '' ) Trump wins your pistol … brace! Drawn similar inference, and side folding braces for AR 15 pistols in 2012 guidance on “ Stabilizing braces.... This site constitutes acceptance of our user Agreement and Privacy Policy challenge from SB Tactical way... Government thinks they can infringe on our rights means ( see Marbury ) Executive DID n't RATIFY such! From drafting the rules of law to any user money than you will spend on one... Please remain on topic and be respectful to others of this from forward! 'Re not an office of the comment can go on record Amazon ones any that. Can go on record found the link to it i dare you ' is a alternative...