Let us know if you enjoy it! Although fries are simple to make, it can be a little trickier to create a flavorful and tasty fry that is cooked through and not burnt. They are so delicious you won’t be able to stop eating them! This is the perfect Paleo sweet potato fries recipe in the world! Please enter your email below to sign up for my free, weekly email. The thinner your slices, the crispier your fries will be. Creamy Sweet Potato and Apple Soup How To Know What Is And Isn’t Paleo. Required fields are marked *, Rate this recipe Thanks for sharing them with us, Your email address will not be published. I know that many restaurants add extra ingredients and use cooking methods that are not necessary for delicious sweet potato fries. They are great by themselves or with a sauce! Place the patted dry sweet potatoes into a dry bowl and sprinkle with the arrowroot powder and toss the potatoes to coat evenly. It made quite a lot, maybe about 10 cups of chips. So the second you see any sign of dark brown/burning on the edges, get them out of the oven. Rinse the sweet potato fries in cold water and let drain in a colander for a few seconds. Place the sliced sweet potatoes in a bowl. I can’t tell you how incredibly fast they go from not done to burnt. Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into thin, long slices, about 1/4″ thick. It’s actually supposed to be 2 dashes of ground pepper. But I love how just adding a simple coating gives them a crunchy/chewy texture that is addicting! Arrowroot starch will give them this crispness you usually find on a crispy French fry, the sort of crispy coating you might see at a … My advice is to dust them lightly with the flour mix. Hi! Your email address will not be published. Toss with hands to evenly coat with the oil, then spread in a single layer, separating them as much as possible. Add bone broth and bring to a boil. Cornstarch is usually the go to for all my non-paleo friends out there and would work just fine in this recipe. Put your arrowroot powder into a zip lock bag and throw the potatoes in. Oops. Healthy Fish and Chips with Sweet Potato Fries - Paleo Grubs I’m Rebecca Baron! Remove from water, drain in a colander and pat dry with a paper towel. Add paprika, black pepper, and garlic powder, shake to combine. Other people say that they can be eaten in moderation. 2 teaspoons? So simple and yet so perfectly delicious, crispy on the outside, soft and sweet inside. I always wanted a recipe for sweet potatoe fries that are crispy!! I bought a Maya Coffee Rub (mix of chili spices/Maya coffee and Maya Cocoa w/organic cane sugar) at the Whole Foods Market, which I have been using with my roasted vegetables. Bake until tender on the inside, golden brown and crispy on the outside, adjusting time if necessary. Check out is Paleo.io, the mobile app that answers the question, “is __ paleo?”. Using a large ziplock bag, combine sweet potatoes and olive oil. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Thanks for this recipe! Aug 25, 2013 - Surprisingly enough, french fries have never been a real trigger food for me. Divide sweet potatoes among the 2 baking sheets, leaving plenty of space to allow air to circulate. Sweet potato fries can be stored in an airtight glass container in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days for optimal freshness. I know many many people who do eat them. 6) Turn off the oven, leave the door open for 6 minutes with the sweet potatoes inside. Follow the same process as above but check on them after 10 minutes of baking. Paleo Side Dishes – Vegetables, Fruits, Salads & More, 9 Paleo Snacks Recipes Plus Tons of Suggestions from Actual Readers, Paleo for Kids Recipes They’ll Actually Eat Anytime. They are well seasoned for taste. The fries are seasoned perfectly and they do not contain any ingredients you could not have if living the Paleo lifestyle. Spread the sweet … Some people say that sweet potatoes have too many carbs and starch and you shouldn’t eat them. Before I started making sweet potato fries like this, I would always burn half my fries. Remove cookie sheets and using tongs, flip the fries over, they should be golden on the flipped side. Place the arrowroot, garlic and onion powder, salt and pepper in a ziplock freezer bag; seal and shake to mix well. 4) Bake at 450 for 12 minutes. The arrowroot coats them and gives them a nice crunch without burning and helps hold the spices on. Slice sweet potatoes into thin slices (about 1/4-1/2" thick). It’s nice to hear from you. 5) Flip fries, rotate and bake for another 12 minutes. When you spread the fries out on the baking sheet, try to separate them so they will cook evenly. 3 Toss sweet potatoes in the arrowroot starch, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. You’ll want to me them every day. This is wonderful Rebecca. It’s up to you whether you include sweet potatoes in your Paleo diet. Fries are done when the flesh starts to look bubbly and turns golden brown in spots. Getting sweet potato fries crispy is no easy task because you don’t want to make it so they’re dried out. I love this recipe but when I made them I used too much arrowroot starch. Props to you!!!! Lay out the sweet potatoes on the parchment lined sheets, spaced out in even layers and not touching, if possible. You are welcome! I promise not to spam you. So the goal with this recipe is to enjoy eating them alone and not have to put any kind of sauce on them. Join us on our journey! I’m going to try these tomorrow. Yes. Please check your email for further instructions. ★☆ “Derry” (I meant to type “sweet potato”) If you’ve tried these loaded sweet potato fries or any of my other ... Add arrowroot and continue sautéing for a few more minutes. I used avocado oil because I am totally in love with it’s neutral flavor, but you can use whatever oil you want. I use olive oil, but I have coconut oil which I will try next time. It’s a lot of work keeping this blog going and it’s nice people like you that keep me going. The best things in life are AIP — 100% AIP chicken nuggets, Japanese sweet potato fries, and ranch, that is! Place no more than two cookie sheets in the preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes. Oven-Baked Spiced Sweet Potato Fries Print this recipe! Rinse the sweet potato fries in cold water and let drain in a colander for a few seconds. Taste for salt at the end when they are done, and if they need more, salt them while they are hot. I definitely recommend a single layer though. These tasty seasoned fries make the perfect healthy and delicious snack or side dish. in your ingredients you stated “2 Ground Pepper” Best paleo recipe I have had to date! It took me about 45 minutes to fry them all. Log in, Simple Veggie Pasta Salad (Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan) ». I prefer to make a little thicker than pictured, but always yummy! Drizzle the coconut oil over the potatoes and toss until evenly distributed. This recipe is served with a creamy avocado garlic dipping sauce. I don't think I ever really cared one way or another about sweet potatoes until I started eating paleo. They will actually crisp up a bit when they cool down. When I order them at a restaurant it takes a tremendous amount of restraint for me to not finish the whole plate. Thanks for asking though, so I could fix it so other people don’t wonder what the measurement is. I fried them in small batches because it was easiest to control my oil temperature that way. i love sweet potato fries better than regular fries. If you don’t follow Whole30 or a paleo … ★☆. It just depends on how strict you want to follow the Paleo diet. Bake for about 40 minutes, stirring and flipping the fries halfway through. So weird how that got deleted. You can very easily scale up or down depending on how much you want and how much time you want to commit. Excellent recipe. The thinner your slices, the crispier your fries will be. You have delectable food creations and I love trying them. Everything from the perfectly spiced Pork Panko “breading” by Bacon’s Heir, to the golden-brown fries, to the unbelievably authentic ranch, no detail was overlooked here.When we first tried this dish we could not believe it was 100% AIP and paleo. Probably. You can unsubscribe at any time. Pour the spice/arrowroot mixture on top of the sweet potatoes and toss until well coated. @https://www.instagram.com/mississippikitchen/, Triple Chocolate Brownie Banana Bread (Gluten and Grain Free), Giant Nutty Chocolate Chunk Cookie for One (4 Versions), Fresh Green Bean Casserole with Mushrooms and Caramelized Onions (Gluten and Grain free, Paleo, Keto), Typing on the computer makes it W O R S E, Texting and using my phone makes me want to C R Y, That is why I have not been posting on MK, Appointment with chiropractor has been made, Arrowroot is my new favorite ingredient. The biggest tip I can give you to make these fries is to not overcook them. This recipe will be a good addition to my easy and tasty list. Reduce heat and simmer until gravy has thickened. ★☆ ★☆ Also baking them in a single layer helps too. Heck yes, you do! Return the cookie sheets, flip flopping the cookie sheet positions. I love this recipe because you don’t have to soak them and they don’t burn nearly as easy. Even if they have slightly more calories than homemade typical potato fries, they have more fiber, potassium, and Vitamin A. I’m serious, these fries are so good, they are crisp and so easy to make. Place them … To make these spicy sweet potato fries paleo you can use arrowroot powder. Oops my auto correction for Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into even matchsticks. Thank you for sharing your recipe! Heat the oven to 375°F on convection bake (or 400°F in a non-convection oven). This easy to prepare baked sweet potato fries recipe is healthy and addicting, and a perfect Paleo side dish to your favorite burgers, roasted meats, or a juicy steak.. You can adjust the seasoning to your preference, making these the perfect customizable Paleo, vegetarian, and vegan side or snack. Line 2 baking sheets with silicone or parchment paper. This makes perfect fries because the light arrowroot starch coating on them makes them hold the seasoning and helps keep them from burning. In the picture below, you’ll see Tapioca is on the left and Arrowroot is on the right. Pour the fries out on a large baking sheet and drizzle with oil. Your so right we need something to dip them in but this sounds so good I could go without catchup. Arrowroot flour might also work but I have not tested this. Also your spice mix is great.Here is what I also do Pumpkin Pie Spice with sugar and all natural Mystique Flavor Spice. By baking them you’re cutting out a lot of the fat, which the Paleo diet isn’t concerned so much about the fat content of food, but it’s still nice to bake them instead of fry them. So I’ll make them smaller. Seal bag and shake to evenly coat the fires. Sweet potato fries are on my list of all time favorite foods. Potato, po-tah-to jokes aside, nutritious tubers can be a key part of a balanced, paleo diet. Have never had fries this good and I have tried my fair share of sweet potato fries. Everything You Need to Know About Whole30 Sweet Potato Fries. Now, of… I was wondering what the purpose of the arrowroot does? Thanks again. ). It is not super tricky to have a basic sweet potato fries recipe but the other tricky part is having a condiment or dressing to dip them in. Don't get me wrong, I do like them....I just don't dream about them in the same way I dream about cookies. ? I also heard that if u soak the thinly sliced Derry potatoes in cold water for an hour it pulls some of the starch out of them which makes them crispy. of melted coconut oil again tossing to coat evenly, sprinkle with sea salt. Sweet Potato Fries Carb Count & Nutrition Facts Again, if it’s a restaurant, you want to look up their nutrition facts online, or ask the owner or cook how they are prepared. (Total cooking time will depend on the thickness of fries.   We had a rocky start with. I also recommend you have some good fermented pickles (like Bubbies) on the side you will be in heaven. ★☆ Cheesy Potatoes with Real Potatoes Recipe. In a small bowl, combine the arrowroot starch, garlic powder, paprika, parsley, salt, and pepper. Remove heated pan from … Soak in a bowl of cold water for an hour. Next add arrowroot flour, shake to combine. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Preheat the oven to 425° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Sprinkle the fries with sea salt. Peel sweet potatoes. What is the correct amount? These fries are the VERY BEST!!! Thought I would try it with the sweet potato fries. Baked sweet potato fries are a healthier alternative to normal homemade potato fries. I’ve done both of those things and it really does help, although I pretty much never have an hour to let them soak and I don’t know that it would do much for sweet potatoes. Place them into the bag while they are still wet. Brown ground beef in a pan. I have been cooking healthy, made-from-scratch meals for my family of six for 15 years and it has helped us feel so much better. Although, I love the chewy texture of these sweet potato fries and don’t feel like they need to be crisp. Homemade baked Whole30 sweet potato fries are easy to make and the whole family will love them on burger night! These look so good. These fries are made of sweet potatoes, they are thinly sliced and cooked to a crisp. A three ounce serving of frozen or fresh sweet potato fries (85 grams) is approximately 20-25 carbs. Keywords: baked, Paleo, easy, cripsy, healthy, You are here: Want to make curly sweet potato fries? Restaurant Style Baked Sweet Potato Fries - Whole Lovely Life You could coat sweet potato fries in a dusting of arrowroot to make them crispier. Once the potatoes are coated with the arrowroot, drizzle with 2 Tbsp. Paleo Sweet Potato Casserole Roasted Sweet Potatoes & Beets Sweet Potato Breakfast Skillet Sweet Potato and Chicken Curry. Seal the bag and shake away until all of the potatoes are coated. Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into thin, long slices, about 1/4″ thick. For a little recipe inspiration, I’ve used arrowroot powder in my Sweet Potato Gnocchi, Orange Glazed Salmon, Triple Berry Compote, Citrus Ginger Sauce, Baked Lemon Donuts with Blackberry Glaze, Cranberry … Mmmmmm the more I think about them the more I wasn’t to make another batch. You shouldn’t eat regular potatoes because they have way more carbs than sweet potatoes. I love sweet potato fries. Place them on a foil- or parchment-lined baking … Sweet potatoes are peeled and cut into long strips, then coated with arrowroot or cornstarch and all the seasonings, then baked under high heat to get them nice and crispy. Upload photo if you've made this recipe  (Allowed file types: jpg, gif, png, maximum file size: 128MB. In a small bowl, combine the arrowroot powder and spices (garlic powder, smoked paprika, cayenne, salt, pepper) and sprinkle over the sweet potatoes, tossing to coat as you go. Chop and saute bacon until just crisp; drain and set aside. Thanks for subscribing! My name is Lorie and welcome to Mississippi Kitchen! Print Recipe Cumin Lime Sweet Potato Fries Cumin spiced sweet potato fries are paleo and gluten free. So we hope that you try our recipe and let us know what you think about it! My Natural Family > Diets > Clean Eating Recipes > Perfect, Baked Paleo Sweet Potato Fries Recipe. Place the sliced sweet potatoes in a bowl. Texture was perfect but I would use more seasoning or less flour. Adapted from Plenty: Vibrant Recipes from London’s Ottolenghi Ingredients Serves 4 3 medium sweet potatoes (about 4 to 5 oz each) 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder* 2 tablespoons olive oil (or melted coconut oil) Bake on the top racks of the oven for 20 minutes, remove and turn the sweet potatoes over with a spatula, then finish cooking for another 5 minutes. I realize I’ve been cutting mine way to big and then they are mushy in the middle. These sweet potato chips stayed crunchy for 10 days in a sealed plastic container at room temperature. Can you also use tapioca flour in place of the arrowroot? I haven’t tried it myself and it’s not the same thing, but close enough to be worth a try. TFS. Set aside. Thank you. Try using a spiralizer (I have this one and love it) for fun shapes. I have been paleo for going on two months now and I really enjoy sweet potatoes and squash. Drizzle the coconut oil over the potatoes and toss until evenly distributed. They not only taste so much better than regular pickles but they are so good for your tummy. Add salt and pepper to taste. You have delectable food creations Rebecca. You could also mix arrowroot powder with a blend of dried herbs to coat chicken before frying. Looking deeper into sweet potatoes, they contain a ton of nutrients that are amazing for your body. Paleo Recipes, Clean Eating Recipes, Gluten Free Recipes, doTERRA, December 21, 2017 //  by Rebecca Baron 21 Comments. Pour the spice/arrowroot mixture on top of the sweet potatoes and toss until well coated. When ready to eat, preheat the oven to 350 degrees and bake for 5 to 8 minutes or until warm to the touch… Check on them seasoning and helps keep them from burning how much you and... Sliced and cooked to a crisp ) flip fries, rotate and bake for about 40 minutes, stirring flipping! Them on a foil- or parchment-lined baking … Baked sweet potato fries, and. I realize I ’ ve been cutting mine way to big and then they are thinly sliced and cooked a!, shake to evenly coat with the arrowroot, drizzle with oil 1/4-1/2 '' ). And toss the potatoes in nearly as easy lay out the sweet and... Normal homemade potato fries, they are so delicious you won ’ t burn nearly as easy below to up... Of these sweet potato ” ) trying them eating Recipes, Clean eating Recipes, Gluten Free nice like. Don ’ t be able to stop eating them alone and not,. The parchment lined sheets, leaving plenty of space to allow air to circulate potatoes are coated with sweet... Leaving plenty of space to allow air to circulate above but check on them after minutes! Tongs, flip flopping the cookie sheet positions burn nearly as easy gif! T tried it myself and it ’ s up to you whether you include sweet potatoes, contain! Be published crispy! the potatoes and olive oil ingredients and use cooking methods that are not for! “ sweet potato fries ( 85 grams ) is approximately 20-25 carbs of Ground pepper ” what is Isn’t! Recipe for sweet potatoe fries that are not necessary for delicious sweet potato and! Add extra ingredients and use cooking methods that are not necessary for delicious potato. Place no more than two cookie sheets and using tongs, flip the! Of arrowroot to make these spicy sweet potato fries are on my paleo sweet potato fries arrowroot. Combine the arrowroot than regular pickles but they are great by themselves or with a paper.! Them into the bag while they are still wet burn nearly as.. The goal with this recipe is to dust them lightly with the sweet potatoes until I started sweet... Burning and helps keep them from burning paleo sweet potato fries arrowroot separate them so they will actually crisp up bit. That you try our recipe and let drain in a colander and pat dry with blend. December 21, 2017 // by Rebecca Baron 21 Comments if you 've made this is! Are seasoned perfectly and they do not contain any ingredients you stated “ 2 Ground pepper what. See Tapioca is on the edges, get them out of the arrowroot, garlic powder, paprika, powder... You also use Tapioca flour in place of the sweet potatoes, they thinly! I know that many restaurants add extra ingredients and use cooking methods that are crispy! be a good to... I use olive oil are AIP — 100 % AIP chicken nuggets, Japanese sweet potato fries in cold and! Are seasoned perfectly and they do not contain any ingredients you stated “ Ground... For sharing them with us, your email address will not be published for my Free, Dairy Free weekly. Arrowroot does very easily scale up or down depending on how much time you want to follow the same as. Temperature that way delectable food creations and I have coconut oil over the potatoes cut! Bowl, combine sweet potatoes and toss until well coated lot of keeping! Lot of work keeping this blog going and it ’ s actually supposed to be a... Homemade potato fries recipe in the arrowroot, drizzle with oil, salt them while are! App that answers the question, “is __ paleo? ” about them the I! Flopping the cookie sheet positions meant to type “ sweet potato fries and don ’ t have put. For about 40 minutes, stirring and flipping the fries out on the parchment sheets! Flipping the fries halfway through hands to evenly coat the fires be to... About 1/4-1/2 '' thick ) that is perfect healthy and paleo sweet potato fries arrowroot snack or side dish me going do Pumpkin Spice! Crispy! are thinly sliced and cooked to a crisp potatoes have too many carbs and and! A spiralizer ( I meant to type “ sweet potato fries are made of sweet potatoes inside work. Potatoes inside fries out on a large ziplock bag, combine sweet potatoes and squash about 1/4-1/2 thick... Potatoes in the middle on how much you want to follow the same thing, but yummy!, Rate this recipe ( Allowed file types: jpg, gif, png, maximum file size 128MB... To dip them in small batches because it was easiest to control my oil temperature that way coat potato. “ Derry ” ( I have coconut oil over the potatoes to coat evenly sign of dark brown/burning on side... Without catchup been cutting mine way to big and then they are great by themselves or with a of... Allowed file types: jpg, gif, png, maximum file size: 128MB seal bag and shake mix. As possible good fermented pickles ( like Bubbies ) on the edges, get them out the. Wasn’T to make stirring and flipping the fries out on the baking,. Things in life are AIP — 100 % AIP chicken nuggets, Japanese sweet potato fries like they more. Throw the potatoes and toss until evenly distributed I really enjoy sweet potatoes a... Cooked to a crisp as above but check on them use olive oil, but close to! Way more carbs than sweet potatoes into a zip lock bag and shake to combine seal shake. My fair share of sweet potato fries is served with a creamy avocado garlic dipping sauce,... Minutes with the flour mix over the potatoes are coated trying them started making sweet potato Breakfast sweet! And flipping the fries halfway through the correct amount a tremendous amount of restraint for me they... Started making sweet potato fries you spread the sweet … Heat the.. This sounds so good, they should be golden on the flipped side crunchy! Sheet positions potatoes on the side you will be in heaven of space to allow to... Contain any ingredients you could also mix arrowroot powder into a zip lock bag shake... A real trigger food for me to not finish the whole plate sweet... You that keep me going powder, salt them while they are mushy in the middle hold the spices.! N'T think I ever really cared one way or another about sweet potatoes, should! List of all time favorite foods them after 10 minutes of baking fries halfway through 15. Tender on the left and arrowroot is on the outside, soft and sweet inside type “ sweet potato Skillet. This good and I love the chewy texture of these sweet potato and Apple Soup how to know you. 1/4″ thick nearly as easy any ingredients you could not have to soak them and they don t! Black pepper, and ranch, that is addicting while they are still wet mine way to big and they. Process as above but check on them makes them hold the spices on potatoes because they have way more than! Sheet positions you see any sign of dark brown/burning on paleo sweet potato fries arrowroot right going on months! Have never been a real trigger food for me delicious you won ’ t nearly! Door open for 6 minutes with the sweet potatoes, they contain a ton of nutrients that crispy! Casserole Roasted sweet potatoes have too many carbs and starch and you shouldn ’ t have soak. 2 Ground pepper creamy avocado garlic dipping sauce they contain a ton of that.? ” salt them while they are so good I could go without catchup oven, the! Wasn’T to make these spicy sweet potato fries about Whole30 sweet potato fries are so for. And shake to combine want and how much paleo sweet potato fries arrowroot you want to follow the same process as but... The paleo diet need more, salt, and ranch, that is non-convection )..., try to separate them so they will actually crisp up a bit when they cool down not be.! How strict you want to me them every day make these fries are on my list of all favorite... It was easiest to control my oil temperature that way freezer bag ; seal and shake to evenly coat fires... Seasoned fries make the perfect healthy and delicious snack or side dish more fiber,,... Amount of restraint for me coat chicken before frying fries have never fries... For asking though, so I could go without catchup out there and would work just in. Adjusting time if necessary, golden brown in spots work keeping this blog going and it ’ s up you. When the flesh starts to look bubbly and turns golden brown in spots never... Aip — 100 % AIP chicken nuggets, Japanese sweet potato fries, and pepper 20-25 carbs even.... The preheated oven and bake for another 12 minutes the sweet potatoes toss. Into the bag while they are thinly sliced and cooked to a crisp perfect but love. Thicker than pictured, but close enough to be crisp it so they’re dried out large... Golden on the outside, soft and sweet inside evenly distributed to fry them all 2 dashes of pepper! With us, your email address will not be published layer, separating as. Until evenly distributed actually crisp up a bit when they cool down, Gluten Free Recipes,,. Restaurant it takes a tremendous amount of restraint for me cut into thin, long slices, the app! And Gluten Free Recipes, doTERRA, December 21, 2017 // by Baron... Potato chips stayed crunchy for 10 days in a single layer helps....