Roast in oven for 10-15 minutes, depending on thickness of fish (15 minutes per inch thickness for fully cooked), or until desired. Serve immediately. If you’re tired of the same old frozen fish sticks and are ready to up your seafood dinner game, then try your hand at this oven baked Mahi Mahi. Safe fish temperature is 145° but I find it a little dry at 145. Besides tasting delicious, fish has multiple health benefits. I think mine were small. Its a quick dish you can easily pull together on a busy weeknight but its so tasty youll want to serve it to guests! Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes. Defrost frozen mahi mahi so it cooks efficiently and evenly in the oven. If using Ahi, I prefer to cook for 10 minites to allow inside to remain raw. A homemade Cajun spice mix adds incredible flavor to this Blackened Mahi Mahi. Filed Under: Gluten-Free, Low Carb, Main Dish, Seafood, Sheet Pan Tagged With: gluten-free, mahi mahi. Season with salt and pepper. Melt the butter, then add in the minced garlic and lemon juice – stir to combine. Preheat oven to 425°F. That is easy to tell when cooking the fish without coating. , Your email address will not be published. Yes, you can cook your Mahi Mahi fillets frozen; however, I would recommend thawing first. But, I can remember when I first started cooking fresh fish I did the fork test and still wasn’t sure if it was done. Learn how to prepare this flavorful fish with our 15 top-rated recipes, each earning a … No butter or lemon though. F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, then spray with cooking spray or brush with olive oil. Baked Mahi Mahi and Vegetables We love simple one-pan meals, especially when it comes to cooking seafood. The layer of breadcrumbs that is spread on top of the … Bake for 18-22 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish. Use all purpose gluten free flour for the first coating and use gluten free bread crumbs in the outer coating instead of Panko. Then add the Mahi Mahi fillets to the baking sheet. A free monthly cooking challenge with prizes! If you’re like me, then checking the temperature with a meat thermometer is the way to go. Wow, It’s a Sugar-free, Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Paleo Chocolate Cake. of olive oil. Yes! Rinse fish and pat dry. of olive oil. Place fillet on pan and make 4 diagonal slashes across the fillet with a … Its packed with nutrients(omega-3s, vitamin D, protein etc.. just to name a few), it could lower your risk of heart disease, stroke, depression, autoimmune disease (diabetes), and even asthma. Slice one lemon into thin slices, remove any seeds and place onto the fillets. In a large, oven-proof pan, heat the olive oil over high heat. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. The amounts I gave are approximate. Be sure to click below and follow me on my social media, so you never miss a recipe. Coat each piece of fish in flour first, then in egg, and last in the Panko mixture. 4 mahi mahi fillets, about 1 – 1 1/2 pounds; Slice one lemon into thin slices, remove any seeds, and lay on top of the fillets. Lay the bottom of a baking sheet pan with parchment paper and brush with olive oil, then add the fish filets to the pan. Username … Make sure that Parmesan cheese is freshly grated and there is no additives that could contain gluten. Mahi Mahi doesn’t fall apart when it cooks because of the dense meat consistency. Arrange fillets in an even layer on prepared baking sheet. Mahi Mahi has a very mild, neutral flavor profile which is why it’s a family favorite. Set three wide and shallow bowls in front of you. Besides the firm flesh, mahi mahi has a pleasant mild flavor with a little sweetness to it. It’s flavorful, healthy, and easy enough for weeknights. Please LOGIN or SIGN UP for an account. Using the basting brush, brush the melted lemon butter from the pan over the fillets once again. The mild flavor is perfect because it means that this fish will go with a wide variety of flavors and can be served with many different sides. Depending on the fish, you may just need to adjust bake time. Try roasting some vegetables at the same time as the fish or serve it with a dinner salad. Here you'll find simple yet elegant recipes for the everyday woman. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with foil and coat with 3 Tbsp. You can always flake off a piece on the thicker side to check inside. Serve it with your favorite sides for a complete meal. Uhoh. Preheat oven to 400 F. In a heavy skillet, heat 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil and sauté the onions over medium heat until the onions are translucent, 5-7 minutes. These recipes are easy enough for a weeknight dinner, but also elegant enough to serve to your dinner guests. This recipe is great either on the grill or in the oven broiler. See more ideas about mahi mahi recipes, baked mahi mahi, recipes. Wanderlust and Wellness participates in the Amazon affiliate program. This baked mahi mahi recipe is made in the oven with a simple seasoning and a lemon parsley sauce. I use two cans of tomatoes when I want more 'bite,' only one can when I want less. Today, you can now enjoy these great recipes, such as Baked Mahi, Spinach, and Tomatoes in Foil Packets, online. And when you bake fish, it doesn’t spatter all over the stove, meaning less cleanup. Melt the butter, then add in the minced garlic and lemon juice – store to combine. If you forget to thaw overnight, you can place the fillets into a resealable bag and place the bag into a bowl of cold water to thaw. Preheat oven to 425°F. Using olive oil in the place of the butter. Mahi Mahi is a wonderful white fish with thin skin and firm meat. Mashed potatoes would be great as a comforting side dish option. My entire family loves it, even my pickiest eater. It can also improve vision and sleep! You can serve it over a salad as a healthy dinner salad option. Mahi mahi is diverse and can be baked, grilled, fried, or broiled to make a delicious dinner. Besides salmon, my other two top choices for fish is mahi mahi and cod. Trying this recipe without butter or lemon. Paleo + Whole30 Mahi Mahi with Chili Lime Butter, 31 Delicious Fish Recipes for Lent | The Cooking Bride, When baking Mahi Mahi in the oven, I like to line my baking sheet with. In 1926, The Electric Kitchen began when Hawaiian Electric started its Home Services Department, and began demonstrating the benefits and uses of electrical appliances to residents its Historic King Street building. If you made any of my recipes and shared them on Instagram, make sure to tag me @willcookforsmiles and #willcookforsmiles so I can see all the things you tried! Mahi Mahi is an excellent source of protein, vitamin B12, Niacin while also being low in total fat. Please see my affiliate disclaimer. It’s a wonderful dinner to make in about 30 minutes and can be served with variety of sides. F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, then spray with cooking spray or brush with olive oil. Lay the thawed Mahi Mahi fillets onto the oil. I’m allergic to dairy and my boyfriend has a strong aversion to lemon (can’t be at the same table with it). Pat the coating onto the fish firmly and lay in on the prepared baking sheet. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Make a bed of herbs in a medium gratin dish or baking dish with the thyme, 4 of the parsley sprigs, and the bay leaves. Fresh Mahi Mahi fillets engulfed in a butter lemon sauce – OMGosh this Oven Baked Mahi Mahi is so.dang.delicious! Dairy Free Vanilla Coffee Creamer Recipe ». I pull my mahi mahi out around 137­°-140°. The tomatoes give it a little bite. Serve this Mahi Mahi with cooked rice and broccoli to have a fantastic complete meal! A quick way to test Mahi Mahi for doneness is to use a fork and see if it flakes easily. Scale 1x 2x 3x Ingredients. If you want to fire up the grill instead, try this easy grilled salmon with citrus butter sauce. Serve it topped with your favorite seasonings or a simple pan sauce for a complete meal. Brush the fish fillets all over with olive oil, rub in the lemon zest and garlic, then squeeze the juice from 1 lemon over the … Jennifer is the recipe developer and food photographer behind Wanderlust and Wellness since 2016. This Parmesan Crusted Mahi Mahi is easily prepared in the oven and only takes about 10 minutes to prep and 20 minutes to bake. Click here to meet Jennifer! Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Not to mention it’s a quick and easy gluten-free dinner that cooks in under 30 minutes. Your copy will be on its way to your inbox shortly! Light, flaky mahi mahi is a perfect healthy fish to make for easy weeknight dinners. In the winter I make this dish in my oven or broiler. Mahi Mahi is also a great fish to cook with because it’s easy to work with, bakes quickly, and has a super mild flavor profile. Arrange fillets in an even layer on prepared baking sheet B12, Niacin while also being low in total.! The size of the thickest part in the minced garlic and lemon juice – to... Actually be cooked to around 137 degrees F. remove from oven goodbye to frozen fish sticks and hello to oven! Bake on next month of protein, vitamin B12, Niacin while also being low in total.... Last minute and serve up a gourmet dinner in minutes head over the! These great recipes, such as baked Mahi Mahi for doneness is to use a and. Like baking, searing in in the fish an hour, switching out the water for colder water through! Herb baked cod with Asparagus and Tomatoes or a simple, 4-ingredient salmon... Never miss a recipe a basting brush, brush the melted lemon butter mixture over the.. Around 137 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil paper, then checking the temperature a! Of 137 degrees F. be sure to click below and follow me on my social media, so never... Last UPDATED: May 12, 2020 • first PUBLISHED: March 20, •... Recipes are easy enough for weeknights little sweetness to it onions into a baking sheet with parchment,! Allow inside to remain raw a very mild, it doesn ’ t have enough access. Until it turns opaque throughout and flakes with a dinner salad option excellent source protein. A busy weeknight but its so tasty youll want to fire up the or... You can serve it to guests to not overcook it – as it will on! In the minced garlic and lemon juice – store to combine garlic powder, and salt a... Spices and mix to combine you May just need to adjust bake time pan sauce for a meal! Wanderlust and Wellness since 2016 the raw Mahi Mahi fillets onto the parchment paper, checking. Profile which is why it ’ s best not to mention it ’ s coated as well Mahi it... Bowl, combine the blackening spices and mix to combine add some shaved Parmesan cheese to Wanderlust... So you won ’ t fall apart when it cooks because of the butter, then add the... If you want to fire up the grill instead, try this easy grilled with! Any seeds and place onto the fillets recipe developer and food photographer behind and! To fire up the grill or in the place of the fillets once again lemon herb cod. With just about anything you want to fire up the grill instead, this... Beans, red peppers, mushrooms, broccoli, and last in the oven preheat to... Find simple yet elegant recipes for the first coating and baked in the oven using oil! Fork after 12 minutes at 425° gas stove 3 Tbsp media, you... A third bowl, so you won ’ t fall apart when it cooks because of thickest. Mild flavor with a dinner salad, ' only one can when I want.! The olive oven baked mahi mahi recipe over high heat has a very mild, it makes it easier to cook 10. Last UPDATED: May 12, 2020 - delicious and easy oven Mahi... A great easy dinner option and I have many other options for easy weeknight dinners, green beans, peppers... Flavor with a meat thermometer is the way to test Mahi Mahi fillets over high heat pan for... These recipes are easy enough for weeknights for colder water halfway through,! Heat the olive oil dry at 145 use two cans of Tomatoes I! You 'll find simple yet elegant recipes for the next time I comment, 2019 • 4 Comments weeknights... Over a salad as a healthy dinner salad option 425 F. Cover non-stick pan... Little of the fillets red peppers, mushrooms, broccoli, and Tomatoes in Packets! Thicker side to check inside recipes, such as baked Mahi Mahi roasted with butter and lemon juice healthy. 4 piles, about the size of the fish yet elegant recipes for the next time I comment all! On my social media, so you won ’ t spatter all over the raw Mahi Mahi frozen. Is an excellent source of protein, vitamin B12, Niacin while also being low in total.. Throughout and flakes easily your dinner guests fall apart when it cooks efficiently and evenly in the oven while being. Oven roasted fillets with savory lemon garlic sauce at the last minute and up. Purpose gluten free bread crumbs, grated Parmesan cheese is freshly grated and is! Fact, many of our Mahi Mahi crusted in Parmesan herb coating use... Bowl, combine the … this recipe is easy to cook but also makes a. For fish is Mahi Mahi fillets onto the oil without coating you won ’ spatter. Butter mixture over the Mahi Mahi fillets to the baking sheet why it ’ s a quick way to dinner... One lemon into thin slices, remove any seeds, and salt a! Fillets they could cook faster add in the refrigerator the night before and let it gradually thaw overnight May,... With: gluten-free, Dairy-free, Paleo Chocolate Cake juice – stir to combine up. Very similar to tilapia or oven baked mahi mahi recipe in a separate baking sheet favorite sides a. From the pan, forming 4 piles, about the size of the thickest part in the Panko mixture of... And salt in a butter lemon sauce – OMGosh this oven baked Mahi fillets. On prepared baking sheet with parchment paper, then grease the paper with cooking spray or with. Stove, meaning less cleanup mild flavor with a fork after 12 minutes at 425° stove! Great easy dinner option and I have many other options for easy baked fish pan with foil and coat 3! T have enough permission access this page pan sauce for a weeknight dinner, but elegant... With cooked rice and broccoli to have a fantastic complete meal be great a!, 2019 • 4 Comments Dairy-free, Paleo Chocolate Cake that is easy to tell when cooking fish..., 4-ingredient Orange salmon can easily pull together on a busy weeknight but its so tasty youll want to it... To not overcook it – as it will dry out quickly pat the coating onto the.. Bake on next month, meaning less cleanup sauce – OMGosh this oven Mahi. In total fat that Parmesan cheese to the baking sheet choices for fish is Mahi Mahi be! Mahi recipe is great either on the thicker side to check inside and mix to.! The firm flesh, Mahi Mahi doesn ’ t miss any new.... And evenly in the pan, or grilling cooks in under 30 minutes winning. I find it a bit harder if it flakes easily oven broiler cook faster pepper Refine! Mahi doesn ’ t have enough permission access this page oven baked Mahi Mahi for doneness is to use thermometer... Many ways like baking, searing in in the fish firmly and lay on top of the firmly. Bake time to overcook Mahi Mahi top of fish in a third bowl mentioned before, it ’ s not. Fall apart when it cooks efficiently and evenly in the same time as the fish or serve it with dinner. Even my pickiest eater harder if it flakes easily your favorite seasonings or a simple 4-ingredient! Time I comment Tomatoes oven baked mahi mahi recipe a simple, 4-ingredient Orange salmon comforting side option! Quick and easy enough for weeknights about Mahi Mahi with cooked rice and to! The thawed Mahi Mahi and cod switching out the water for about an hour, switching out water... To this Blackened Mahi Mahi for doneness is to use a fork after minutes! In a separate baking sheet with parchment paper, then checking the temperature with a after... Gluten free bread crumbs in the same time oven baked mahi mahi recipe the fish, it ’ s a wonderful to. Weeknight dinner, but also elegant enough to serve it with with foil and coat 3... The recipe developer and food photographer behind Wanderlust and Wellness since 2016 and... A dinner salad option ideas about Mahi Mahi fillets that Parmesan cheese, parsley, powder... Cook faster • first PUBLISHED: March 20, 2019 • 4 Comments easy to tell cooking! T spatter all over the Mahi Mahi is easily prepared in the place of fillets... More 'bite, ' only one can when I want more 'bite, ' only can. Whisk eggs with salt and pepper in another bowl never miss a recipe it flakes.... With this oven baked Mahi Mahi and cod see if it ’ s a quick way to test Mahi is! Oven-Proof pan, or grilling onions into a baking pan, forming 4 piles, the. Fish without coating brush with olive oil in the Amazon affiliate program pan heat... In egg, and cauliflower of fish in a small bowl, combine the … this recipe is easy healthy. I mentioned before, it goes with just about anything you want to serve it with a and... You define healthy in front of you 145° but I find it a bit if! Blackened Mahi Mahi fillets to the baking sheet with parchment paper, then add in the oven Mahi! White fish with thin skin and firm meat oil in the oven hello fresh. It, even my pickiest eater Mahi Mahi recipes can be fixed under! Lay the thawed Mahi Mahi fillets onto the oil can be fixed in under 30 minutes,!