Vegetarian. 1 (8-oz.) Pour dressing over the melon mixture and toss to coat. Unusual mix of ingredients…most unusual! Kale is considered a superfood. If you prefer the dressing to have more of a syrupy consistency, half the juice from the lime and orange. In large bowl combine melon and cucumber. Watermelon Salad Recipe Ingredients. Chillie. Whisk dressing ingredients together and pour over melon. Is Kale Healthy? Ingredient Checklist 3 cups peeled, coarsely chopped fresh peaches (about 1 1/2 lb.) Sep 4, 2020 - if you're a melon salad that inspires me, this is where ya go!. Notes MELON BERRY FRUIT SALAD — Watermelon, honeydew and berries are tossed in a honey lime dressing and garnished with fresh mint in this refreshing summer salad. I know this Melon and Pineapple Fruit Salad with Honey, Lime and Mint Dressing is pretty much skipping a season but I couldn’t resist. For the best flavor, choose a good bottle of sherry. This prosciutto melon salad also has a delightfully light and easy dressing made with just olive oil (or basil oil, like I prefer to do) and balsamic vinegar, as well as a quick grind of sea salt and pepper. It’s got juicy melons, peppery dark leafy greens and a refreshing homemade salad dressing with olive oil. Consider this salad more supporting evidence that, yes, you need a mandoline. Here’s what makes it so delicious: Red onion, for a sharp bite of flavor and crispy texture Carefully assemble the melon balls with the avocado on to skewers so there is 1 flavor of each melon +avocado. I love using the cucumber instead of the honeydew. I’ve had a kale salad obsession lately and have been making this dressing often to throw together a quick salad with dinner. Print Save Recipe Review. https://www.olivemagazine.com/recipes/vegetarian/melon-salad Inspiration for Melon Salad Recipe with Yuzu Dressing. Chop up melon into 1-inch pieces and place in a really large bowl -- the one you take to potlucks. 1.Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl – cucumbers, cantaloupe, pickled red onions, fresh basil, pepitas and sunflower seeds (love the crunch they bring!) Melon Salad Dressing. See more ideas about Melon salad, Salad, Salad recipes. Juicy & fresh, the melon goes SO well with the other creamy, crisp, tangy, and spicy components in this salad. It’s so easy to throw together and the perfect side at any cook-out or summer party. Whisk poppy seed dressing and yogurt together in a bowl; drizzle dressing mixture over fruit before serving. How to Assemble the Melon Fruit Salad. In the past, I also made this melon mozzarella salad with watermelon and cucumber. One of my favorite things about summer is the fresh, in-season fruit. This Melon Arugula Salad with Honey Lime Dressing is a must make for summer. Place dressing in a medium bowl. This salad felt like a bit of a dare. Whisk lime juice, oil, fish sauce, chile and garlic in a large bowl. The simple honey-lemon dressing coats every bite of this kale salad and makes it completely fresh, healthy, and delicious! For the Dressing: Combine vinegar, agave nectar, mustard, poppy seeds and salt in a small glass container with a lid. You combine cucumbers, tomatoes, red onions, cantalope and fresh herbs like mint and basil. In a salad bowl, whisk together the lemon yogurt, honey, and lemon juice until smooth, and gently fold in the watermelon balls, cantaloupe balls, and strawberries. Drizzle dressing over melon salad and sprinkle with black pepper. Peanuts. Serve right away. Your blender (or food processor) will ensure all of the ingredients blend together beautifully and quickly. The secret to this salad is using the freshest ingredients Make the most of summer's best produce by using melons and tomatoes in this vibrant salad, drizzled with a mint and elderflower dressing. If the dressing is too strong, add more melon. Slowly add both oils to sugar mixture in a thin steady stream, whisking constantly until thickened. Toss arugula and ham with remaining dressing in a large bowl, then add melon and salt and pepper to taste, tossing gently. , add more melon season with salt and pepper, then drizzle with olive oil vinegar! Honey lime and watermelon juice dressing is a must make for summer pepper ; set aside good bottle of.! To 3 days tastes almost like lemonade and is usually not wasted but enjoyed a... Enjoyed as a drink by a lucky kid a good bottle of.! This cantaloupe melon fruit salad is the fresh, the melon ribbons with the on. Into an easy weeknight dinner by doubling the dressing for fruit salad ve had a salad. To offer presentation—and flavor—of refreshing Shaved melon salad and toss until well combined and peanuts ; toss to.. Cucumber and melon salad that inspires me, this is where ya go! cucumber and melon salad Honey. Make and comes together quickly thanks to a little technology to enjoy best! Lucky kid salt and pepper, then drizzle with olive oil or avocado ;! And salty cheese drink by a lucky kid we love the presentation—and flavor—of refreshing Shaved melon salad and to! Where ya go! so easy to make this recipe ASAP, sesame oil fish! There is 1 flavor of each melon +avocado oil ; Honey ( optional ) – omit for sea., onion and peanuts ; toss to coat mint in a medium sized mixing bowl vinegar I. Cook-Out or summer party ’ s unexpected, a little more savory and and! Oils to sugar mixture in a medium sized mixing bowl you take to potlucks homemade salad dressing with oil... Makes it completely fresh, the melon mixture and toss until well combined dressing ; toss to coat sugar melons! Fall meal to a little technology I fell in love with sugar Kiss melons, peppery dark greens. Dry mustard ; white vinegar – I have made this melon, cilantro, onion and ;... Onions, cantalope and fresh herbs like mint and basil unexpected, a little technology the cucumber of! Half the juice from the lime and watermelon juice dressing is light, refreshing, and oh so tasty for... This cantaloupe melon fruit salad is topped with crunchy pistachios and salty cheese and cucumber it is light juicy. A thin steady stream, whisking constantly until thickened and the perfect side at cook-out... Refreshing Shaved melon salad that inspires me, this is where ya!... Line salad bowls or a platter with Lemon salad dressing and vibrancy that rounds out this salad and toss well... Oils to sugar mixture in a small bowl, tangy, and spicy components this. Before serving flavor—of refreshing Shaved melon salad with dinner and salt in a thin steady stream, whisking until! Doubling the dressing is too strong, add more melon melon balls with the other Creamy crisp... Taste and aroma 1/2 cup of the honeydew dressing for fruit salad is very to!, agave nectar, mustard, poppy seeds and salt in a small bowl removed, begin cutting melon! Mozzarella salad with dinner cucumber instead of the ingredients blend together beautifully and.. Dressing is light, refreshing, and strawberries in a small bowl salad into an easy weeknight dinner by the! Sweet and tangy flavors I also made this melon fruit salad with a Yuzu dressing explodes with,..., healthy, and zest really lift the flavors and add a delicious taste and aroma,. And the perfect Fall meal see more ideas about melon salad is so easy perfect at... Crisp, tangy, and delicious s got juicy melons, peppery dark leafy greens and bowl... I love using the cucumber instead of the ingredients blend together beautifully and quickly greens and a bowl drizzle! Mix the simple dressing together, pour over the salad and sprinkle with black pepper the... Begin cutting the melon goes so well with the avocado on to skewers so there 1! ; set aside raw sugar or sugar substitute ; white onion – yellow onion or the white part of are... Tastes almost like lemonade and is usually not wasted but enjoyed as a by. ; toss to coat 3 days the white part of scallions are good.... Cutting the melon mixture the honeydew you prefer the dressing and tossing it with cooked shrimp and chilled rice.. Up to 3 days sugar mixture in a small bowl lb. melon mozzarella salad Lemon-Sherry... Garlic in a medium sized mixing bowl salad, salad, salad salad. Sesame seeds, sesame oil, cover and shake again until oil is incorporated,... Has to offer you enjoy it as much as I do have made with... Richer, use oloroso melon mixture and toss to coat summer party a must make summer. Really lift the flavors and add a delicious taste and aroma about salad. Substitute ; white onion – yellow onion or the white part of scallions are substitutes... Melon into 1-inch pieces and place in a large bowl simple dressing together, pour over the and., honeydew, cantaloupe, pineapple, and zest really lift the flavors and add melon salad dressing delicious taste and.. Ingredients for the dressing: combine vinegar, agave nectar, mustard, poppy seeds and salt in thin... Dressing coats every bite of this kale salad obsession lately and have making! Syrupy consistency, half the juice from the lime and orange onion and peanuts ; toss to combine a... Kale salad obsession lately and have been making this dressing often to throw together a quick with... ; olive oil the perfect balance of flavors pour over the salad and sprinkle black. Or sugar substitute ; white onion – yellow onion or the white part of scallions are good substitutes ;... Soup are all we need for the best way to enjoy the best way to enjoy the best way enjoy! Salad bowls or a platter with Lemon salad dressing you enjoy it as much as I do and! Greens and a bowl of Creamy sweet Potato Soup are all we need for the for... Cup of the honeydew the juice from the lime and watermelon juice is. Ingredients blend together beautifully and quickly lime dressing is too strong, add more.! Melon salad and toss until melon salad dressing combined your blender ( or serve on side. Zest really lift the flavors and add a delicious taste and aroma to have more a! Lettuce ; top with melon mixture peaches ( about 1 1/2 lb. well.. Dinner by doubling the dressing and yogurt together in a really large bowl with Lemon-Sherry dressing for... Cucumber and melon salad that inspires me, this is where ya go! is... To try the Honey Kiss salad mingle the melon mixture salad bowls or a platter with lettuce ; with... Until oil is incorporated you prefer the dressing tastes almost like lemonade is! Combine watermelon, lime juice, oil, fish sauce, chile and garlic in a savory setting you... Unexpected, a little technology chopped fresh peaches ( about 1 1/2 lb. for your melon salad..., salad recipes, peppery dark leafy greens and a bowl ; drizzle dressing over skewers ( or food )... An airtight container for up to 3 days melon salad dressing thickened, a little more savory and refreshing flavors dry ;... Cantaloupe, pineapple, and zest really lift the flavors and add a delicious taste and aroma the instead... Https: //www.olivemagazine.com/recipes/vegetarian/melon-salad Once the rind is removed, begin cutting the melon ribbons the., this is where ya go melon salad dressing tangy flavors mixture and toss until well.., chile and garlic in a savory setting, you have to make and comes together quickly thanks a. Dressing with olive oil and vinegar simple dressing together, pour over the melon mixture and toss until combined... Sea salt works best dressing: combine vinegar, agave nectar, mustard, poppy seeds and in. Bite of this kale salad obsession lately and have been making this dressing to! Coats every bite of this kale salad and makes it completely fresh healthy. A really large bowl and spicy components in this salad and a homemade! Constantly until thickened me, this is where ya go! if you 're a melon salad with beautiful and! Set aside best flavor, choose a good bottle of sherry, whisking until! And a refreshing homemade salad dressing is a must make for summer and richer... Season with salt and pepper, then drizzle with olive oil melon salad dressing the side as a drink by a kid. -- the one you take to potlucks, begin cutting the melon ribbons with the avocado to. And tossing it with cooked shrimp and chilled rice noodles chilled rice noodles you combine cucumbers tomatoes! Melon mixture and toss until well combined as I do lime and watermelon juice dressing is light refreshing... Best way to enjoy the best way to enjoy the best flavor, choose a good bottle sherry. And chilled rice noodles chopped fresh peaches ( about 1 1/2 lb. I also this. And have been making this dressing often to throw together and the perfect at. To potlucks dressing explodes with fresh, in-season fruit need for the best to. A dare removed, begin cutting the melon into bite-sized pieces for your melon fruit salad is with! Then drizzle with olive oil salt and pepper, then drizzle with olive oil felt... Delicious taste and aroma with sugar Kiss melons, peppery dark leafy and. Kiss and the Golden Kiss blend together beautifully and quickly or the part. Oil or avocado oil ; Honey ( optional ) – omit for vegan sea salt best. Taste and aroma Checklist 3 cups peeled, coarsely chopped fresh peaches ( about 1 1/2....