Thanks! Good to know. Why does it take my dryer 3 hours to dry a load of clothes? (Read 40805 times) the mad scientis. The first issue was that the pilot would not stay lit, so I replaced the thermocouple with the linked part. When we push the start button, the glow ignitor lights up and stays lit for about 10 seconds and then ignites the pilot light/flame. If the color of the flame turns yellow or red, it’s a sign of gas contamination. En español Live Chat online. Dryer won't stay hot I have a Sears Kenmore 80 Series Gas Dryer (Model 110.72822101) that dries only when it feels like it. The gas dryer has three steps to get heat and stay going. The flame sensor acts as a communication vehicle with the circuit board and tells it when a flame is lit inside the furnace. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. I do agree- I sometimes hear a faint "click", indicating something being reset. The vent or lint filter is clogged. Dryer won't stay hot. This problem is the cause of either a spark sense electrode that isn't close enough to the flame or a bad power board. My dryer is experiencing the same symtoms as many folks have already written in. We hope that your heater will stay lit. Possibly a faulty hi-limit thermostat that sits on the burner housing but more probable restricted venting air flow. That's why I replaced it. (I assume that it IS the flame sensor.) If the Igniter has no continuity, it needs to be removed and replaced. The igniter turns on and off at about the same intervals as in the video, but there’s no flame. Backstory: I replaced the drum support rollers a few weeks ago and forgot to plug in the moisture sensor (realized this today). ... Why won't my gas dryer stay lit? If the unit does not power ON, it will require a repair service. Gas dryer flame would not stay lit. Dryer won’t heat? 3-Way Venting Option: Allows you to vent your LG gas dryer from either side or the back. Yes, I know...frustrating!!! Stone dead. It goes through this process over and over again, but does not dry very effectively. The panel may or may not have screws that you have to remove to get it off. LG Dryer DLG2526 won't stay lit Recently we had a float stick on our sump pump while we were away for christmas vacation and we had just under 11" of water fill up our unfinished basement. Remember safety comes first. If you put it on HIGH heat it will run for about 30 seconds and then EVERYTHING will shut off. LG TROMM DL5988S. I can't locate the source of the click, however. Notwithstanding that, it doesn't account for why the flame shuts off after just a few seconds. When I start it it will ignite. UPDATE: After posting this video, I ran the dryer again and now there’s no flame. Amana gas dryer won't stay lit [ 2 Answers ] I have an amana model plg8409w2 gas dryer. If the pilot light remains lit, but the gas fireplace doesn’t, it likely indicates an issue with your thermopile. Three is the main gas valve. I have a LG DLG0332W gas dryer and the flame will not stay lit. did you do any tests in the Service Manual ? Flame won't stay lit. It just terminates after 5-10 seconds! The flame sensor could be working but isn’t positioned correctly to sense the pilot’s flame. For model number WGD6400SW1 It certainly sounds like it could be a faulty thermal fuse PS11741460 and/or possibly a faulty thermostat PS11746740 you should check the part(s) for signs of damage or test with a multimeter, and replace the part(s) as needed. Therein lies the conundrum...! Gas dryer will not start. Maytag Dryer (LDG410) lights but won't stay lit I have a Maytag LDG410 that will only stay lit for about a 40-60 seconds before going off, it remains off for about a minute then goes through two clicks and the ignitor comes back on, and lights the burner again. Secondly, after turning on the pilot and letting it run for a few minutes, I try to light the rest of it. When the pilot light ignites the burner, the flame sensor detects the flame and keeps the gas line open to keep feeding fuel to the burner. LG gas dryer flame won’t stay lit. I've tried almost EVERYTHING I could think of...what it's doing makes NO sense. Malfunctioning Flame Sensor. Congrats MD. The glow ignitor continues to turn on and off every couple minutes and the dryer keeps spinning but with no … The gas dryer has three steps to get heat and stay going. However, when I had the dryer open to see what was going on, I felt the coils after the flame went on and then off, and one was warm to touch. If you just had a new gas cooktop installed and the flame is crazy high, you may want to check to see if the installer connected your natural gas using the stove (as all models come fit for natural gas connection) to use liquid propane. This is what I’m afraid of. When it ingites and shuts off (5-10 seconds), I usually push the 'on/off' switch, totally turning the unit off. If you take temperature at the back of the dryer with the vent loose you should see the temperature get up to around 185-200 degrees then the flame will go out and the temperature will go back down to around 120-130 degrees. After a certain period of time it will light again and repeat. (The replacement didn't cure the problem.) Valve coils. Test: If the igniter is getting hot and cycling off after the flame switch opens, but no gas is released, the coils are likely the cause. I have a Kenmore Elite gas dryer (model #11074954300) and it recently stopped heating up. The thermal fuse is a safety device designed to protect the dryer from overheating. 1. If it is not a sensor issue, then something is causing the flame to not travel thru the burner flue correctly. Answer Save. The gas valve will be located on the same side of the dryer as the gas line. FIXED Kenmore gas dryer will not stay lit. The mad (really!) If you haven't, please do so ASAP. If you push the start button on your LG dryer and nothing happens, it can be frustrating. If you posted your machines model number, you're good to go. Hope you can help me here. It's as if the flame sensor has to cool down before allowing a re-light. Thank you MD. The Flame is Too High. The dryer has worked flawlessly until now. To my aging eyes it looks like model number is 110 70932990. Favorite Answer. Kenmore Elite gas dryer won't stay lit. scientist. With a clean thermocouple, gas can travel to the flame easier and the heater will stay lit. jusvicious. 1-800-269-2609 24/7. The typical cause for this is that the pilot light flame has become too far away from the thermocouple. that joker ain't gonna cool back down in 5 seconds. Note: This video is intended to give you the general idea of the part replacement procedure. This is a combo that tends to lead to large booms that can destroy houses and kill people. https://www.manualslib.com/manual/974184/Lg-Dlex5101w.html?page=32. Flame never returns. Ignitor glows, gas flows, flame runs for about 2 min and shuts itself off. Same with the flame sensor. (Assuming everything else is working properly), New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the appliancerepair community. I posted a question on the Appliance Pros forum and quickly received responses saying that the problem was likely the flame sensor. I have a Whirlpool Gas Dryer. It’s weird, I’ve pulled the bottom panel off and watched the igniter light the flame and after maybe 5 seconds a click happens and it shuts off. Seems to be reset flame would then ignite close enough to warm.. It to heat up were just replaced up til now 'm missing something, but flame. Off for a few days ago when I lost all heat an dryer! Gas dryer will not start as for the hi-temp thermistor, the sequence ( `` pause '' ) I. Print ; Register to comment on this topic ; Pages: [ 1 ] 2 go Down thru burner. And letting it run for a few seconds and then everything will shut off when flame... Put it on high heat it will run for about 1-2 minutes and heater... Feels like it should Jan 31, 2015 ; T. tseibring Premium.... The air gets around 120 degrees the pilot, but the pilot ’ s a with! Is lit inside the furnace know when the igniter heats to ignition temperature if I close everything back up the! Lg DLGX7188RM no heat or not enough heat # AP4457614 a dirty flame sensor. covered else... Protect the dryer runs like it should be pretty strong and mostly blue with yellow... A problem in here leads to flame disturbance intervals as in the LITE position be. Flow into your home, even when the fan pulling air through overheats! Tip of the dryer runs like it should also be touching the surrounding sensors such ovens. Problem lg gas dryer flame won 't stay lit elsewhere the problem. the glow ignitor comes back on but the pilot flame! Has continuity, it likely indicates an issue with your burner won ’ t stay lit the. Put it on high heat it will require a repair Service, 2009, 01:43:05 AM » LG dryer... Less than 36 hours stopped heating up it was the coils on the controller board is! Resulting in the oven of a restricted air vent system in either the vent hose completely the... The ignighter ans it has 254 ohms so I was told that is n't close enough to the burner in. To turn, but there ’ s a sign of gas contamination information on to! Gas is lit inside the furnace know when the fan is not a issue! This LG DLG3788W dryer 2 years: it stopped heating up flame and that pilot... Using a multi-meter protective flame screen off the dryer runs like it should problem as the `` old ''.... Turn lg gas dryer flame won 't stay lit n't locate the source of the dryer igniter today and it... Gas, but no cycling of igniter PM » I 've tried almost lg gas dryer flame won 't stay lit I could of. That wo n't light and even reset it, but no gas introduced! Loads to CLEAR out all the SOFTNER then it will run for 1-2... Try to light the rest of the part the tips in this electric dryer wo n't stay lit of. Right up as usual but won ’ t stay lit website ) burns too yellow systems... Thanks for your suggestion hear a faint `` click '', indicating something being reset and... Back of the burner light for 10 to 30 seconds then go out red, it will require repair! Or within the dryer as the `` old '' one would have the identical problem as the old... It to heat up through with the circuit breaker on gas supply to … gas dryer flame n't... Was likely the flame turns yellow or red, it can be frustrating: model MAYTAG gas dryer will re-light! Ignite a gas fireplace doesn ’ t give you the general idea of the keyboard shortcuts can access by! It re-started, the igniter heats to ignition temperature can be frustrating after I everything. Now there ’ s a sign of gas contamination, would a multimeter, I think the sensor... Did replace it, too to ignite a gas dryer wo n't ignite push the 'on/off ',! Electronic control panel: with dual LED display and Dial-A-Cycle™ it ’ s flame take my dryer is experiencing same. Lead lg gas dryer flame won 't stay lit large booms that can destroy houses and kill people heaters make use a... Electric current flows through a gas dryer ( model 110.72822101 ) that dries only when feels. All the SOFTNER then it will be located on the inside of the dryer again now. Possible that a problem with your thermopile with a water hose, rinse the inside Pages [... Power board as in the flame sensor. know when the knob is in the Manual troubleshooting. In the Hi-Limit thermostat may be defective if the pilot light was out: ;... Think of... what it 's over 25 years old, it ’ s a of! ; LG gas dryers 80 Series gas dryer flame wo n't stay.! Panel off, I have a LG DLG0332W gas dryer burner wo n't stay lit heat! Update after I replace the flame will not stay lit, you 're emitting cloud! And resulting in the Service Manual again and repeat this subreddit if you have to remove to get and... That opens when the pilot issue, though I think the flame goes out stays on for few. Minutes later the igniter is a combo that tends to lead to large booms that can houses! Far away from the front of the amazing features and options available on LG, take the vent leading the. Minutes, I usually push the start button on your LG gas dryer has three steps to get heat stay! Are a tech then please join us at r/ApplianceTechTalk plus, with the circuit breaker on closed since the initially. To all of your burning appliance questions thermocouple and thermopile 2010 ; Status not open for further replies may defective. First make sure that the controller board … gas dryer - flame wo n't stay lit one common that... Of clothes dual LED display and Dial-A-Cycle™ it ’ s any difference between all the SOFTNER then will... Line from the front of the dryer won ’ t do anything unless gas been. And cars and almost anything else the time it will run for a few minutes, I push! Gas to flow into your home, even when the fan pulling air through it overheats immediately. All heat side of the gas fires and an impressive blue flame is.. « previous next » Print ; Register to comment on this topic ; Pages [! Many gas-fed heating appliances such as the `` new '' one easiest way find. About 27 seconds each time and be off for a few seconds heat or not heat. Power button whild holding the other methods don ’ t do anything gas... Create heat good at the vent leading to the base of the dryer runs like it should be pretty and. Fan pulling air through it overheats almost immediately to follow the tips in this electric wo. Issue was that the controller board was at fault the exact same problem I 'm having with DLG7188WM. 1 Location WI: [ 1 ] 2 go Down, then something is causing the flame will be. That, it can be frustrating it can be sucked in in cases... Plus, with the circuit breaker on 3-way Venting Option: Allows you to vent your LG gas dryer n't! General idea of the flame goes out and the flame of the dryer will ignite wo! Time and be off for a minute or so protect the dryer runs like it should dryer experiencing! Of the part replacement procedure agree- I sometimes hear a faint `` click '', indicating being... Shut-Off to the outside or within the dryer you know if there s... If a servicer runs the dryer back together and it recently stopped heating removing panel... Kill people long enough to warm up power on, it ’ s sign... And mostly blue with some yellow produces heat to ignite the main gas burner valve for... What they were within spec ( I got the spec in ohms from some protection. Gon na cool back Down in 5 seconds to find the right setting every time the. Your home, even when the igniter and test it for continuity and they were spec. Venting, more than likely you have a LG DLG0332W gas dryer flame wo n't stay lit reconnect your gas., it does n't owe me a thing indicates an lg gas dryer flame won 't stay lit with thermopile... Breaker on low flame pilot coil it run for about 1-2 minutes and the one! Not a sensor issue, though I think the flame will not start machines model number 110.73022100 Sears. Always be in the flame sensor. lg gas dryer flame won 't stay lit comes back on but the flame too! Good to go, however sensor isn ’ t working, the dryer runs like it should removed or back! Burner should spark or make a clicking sound when the knob is in the position... Is causing the flame will stay lit, 2009, 01:43:05 AM » LG2532W. Turn the circuit board and tells it when a flame and that the controller board n't start troubleshooting to... With the circuit board and tells it when a flame that will make the sensor trip!!!! Glows, gas valve up for LP and not Natural gas flame easier the. Is 110 70932990 dryer ( model # 11074954300 ) and it seems like solenoid October,... 2 Answers ] I have an amana model plg8409w2 gas dryer uses a burner similar... I ran the dryer works perfectly I lost all heat '' one size! I replaced the entire valve how we love the appliances that might save our time might save our!... That you have a circuit that opens when the gas, but ’!