Ingredients for Mushroom and Leek Alfredo Pasta: 2 Tablespoons of essential olive oil 2 large leeks, stems removed, thinly sliced 1/2 lb mushrooms (white-colored or brown will work) I love to serve this recipe with bright coloured vegetables like pumpkin and broccoli. 1 onion, chopped 2 leeks, washed and thinly sliced 250 g mushroom (Forestiere or field mushroom are best) 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped into chunks 1 green pepper, deseeded and chopped into chunks 1 clove garlic, finely chopped Serve it in deep bowls with something hearty like mash or cheesy polenta. Add mushrooms and leeks to the skillet. Transfer mixture to a 9-by-13-inch baking dish, and leave at room temperature. This hearty and elegant recipe for New York Strip Steak with Creamy Mushroom Leek Sauce is perfect for a special fall dinner party or Sunday Supper! Add garlic and sage. Set aside. Add in the nutmeg and season with salt and pepper. Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. T his warming mushroom, leek and pancetta stew deserves a place on the table this weekend. Add the mushrooms, cook 5 minutes (or more) until slightly softened. Add the leek, mushrooms and spring onions. Add the green beans, leek and mushroom mixture and chicken to the plate, sprinkle the finely grated cheese over the chicken and drizzle the sauce over the chicken, this will melt the cheese. They add color, a proper boost, and fantastic flavor for this mushroom pasta sauce. Stir the soft cheese into the leek and mushroom mixture, adding enough of the reserved pasta liquid to give a sauce-like consistency. Add the leek and mushroom mixture to a pie dish and top with the puff pastry, cutting off any excess pastry around the edges. Method. You will boil your potatoes for about 5 minutes or until fork tender. The meat is browned in olive oil first, layered next to each in a casserole dish before pouring over a creamy leek mushroom bacon sauce. Cook gently for 10 minutes with a lid until the leek … Add miso and milk, and bring to a simmer. Next, dredge the chicken lightly in seasoned flour, which helps it turn deep golden brown when sauteed. Taste the sauce and check the seasoning. Serve your leek and mushroom vegan pasta sauce over the pasta of your choice along with a salad, and you can have dinner on the table in just 30 minutes. 4 To make the white sauce, melt margarine in a large saucepan over medium heat. 0 Comment. The sauce is creamy and full of flavour with strands of leek appearing like noodles. In the meantime, you will be adding your oil, chicken, thyme, marjoram, salt, and black pepper to the preheated heavy skillet. This creamy vegan mushroom and leek tagliatelle is a quick and simple pasta dish. I don’t know if there’s anything better at the end of a long day than a big bowl of creamy pasta. 116 people have saved this recipe Find the closest shop. The bottom of the pan should have a little chicken stock remaining, so stir through the sour cream to make the sauce. Fry over a medium heat for two minutes and then add the leek and mushrooms. Today there was golden sunlight and muddy dog paws and a needle on the thermometer that might have edged past 50. Yields 4 Servings Quarter (1 Serving) Half (2 Servings) Default (4 Servings) Double (8 Servings) Triple (12 Servings) 1/2 leek (I use 1 leek) DIRECTIONS Melt butter in a saute pan over low heat. Mushroom sauce can be used in so many different ways. For a quick weekday meal, cook the meatballs ahead of time and store covered in the fridge or frozen. Transfer the chicken to a warmed platter. Stir cornstarch and water, add to mixture and simmer for 2 minutes, stirring, until sauce thickens. Time to reinvent a classic: these gammon steaks with leek and mushroom sauce are irresistible. Add mushrooms to onion-leek mixture, and turn heat to medium-high. Stir this water into mixture, then add cream cheese, peas and seasoning. It’s a great standby for cooking after work, and makes a nice change from rich and fancy dishes during the holidays. Bring water to boil in a medium sauce pan and at the same time heat a heavy skillet to medium heat. 1. 3 Crumble the stock cube over the veggies, then stir frequently over medium heat for 5 minutes or so, until the liquid has reduced. Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F, gas mark 7). Get full Leek and Mushroom Sauce (Low Fat) Recipe ingredients, how-to directions, calories and nutrition review. Add in the mushrooms and saute, add the leek, and cook for a few minutes. Garnish with parsley. Instructions on how to make this vegan pasta sauce are below – nothing fancy. When I came up with this dish for dinner the other night I didn’t imagine what a hard time I would have naming it as it’s not exactly a short and snappy title but I settled with Chicken, Mushroom & Leeks in a Cream & White Wine Sauce because that’s exactly what it is! Creamy Parmesan Leek and Mushroom Pasta is a satisfying meatless meal that comes together in under 30 minutes. Chicken, Mushroom & Leeks in a Cream & White Wine Sauce. The leeks will need to be cooked for 20 minutes until they're soft and falling apart - add them to the mushroom sauce and you have the ultimate comfort food recipe. Season with salt and pepper. I’ve changed Beate’s recipe a bit, because her recipe is not for those that count calories :-). Add both types of mushrooms and cook for 5 mins more, then turn up the heat a little, add the chicken and stir until the chicken starts to brown. This easy vegetarian recipe takes just twenty minutes, and you can make the sauce with just three ingredients. Parboil the potatoes for 5 minutes and drain. Recipe from Good Food magazine, February 2010. I wanted a tasty, creamy sauce. Comments, questions and tips. Ready in 25 minutes Cooking time 15 minutes Prep time 10 minutes Serves 4 Sainsbury's. Featuring plant-based crème fraiche or cream, it’s a dairy-free and gluten-free delight that you can cook in under 20 minutes. Simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 4 minutes. Return the mushroom mixture, chicken and any accumulated juices to the pan; reduce heat to low. In one of the episodes, Gordon shared 'Quick TV Dinners' - Mushroom and Leek Pasta, Farfalle with ricotta, pancetta & peas, Tagliatelle with quick sausage meat bolognaise, Spaghetti with chilly, sardines & oregano and Sweet corn fritters & yoghurt dip, for his Mushroom and Leek Pasta he used Lasagna sheets and I loved the way he created amazing pasta dish with three humble ingredients - leek … 6. Easy Vegetarian Leek and Mushroom Pasta Sauce. By Erin Mellor | July 28, 2015. 5. 8. To serve, spoon sauce over the pasta and sprinkle with the tarragon or … This tasty Slimming World friendly Creamy Mushroom Sauce is great served with just about anything – steaks, meatballs, chicken, pork, vegetables, pasta and potatoes. Add the onion to the same pan with a little more oil. Here is one simple technique that guarantees juicy results every time. Bake for +- … First, pound the chicken: making it thinner ensures quick and even cooking. For the sauce, add the onion and garlic to the same pan and saute. 2. Grilled gammon steaks with leek and mushroom sauce Recipe. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until most of the moisture has evaporated and mushrooms begin to brown, 4 to 6 minutes. This creamy mushroom and leek pasta is a warming and comforting dish. Mix it with leftover roast chicken for a quick pie filling. Leek and mushroom pasta bake. 7. Drain pasta, reserving 60ml/4tbsp cooking water for mushroom mixture. Add the ham, basil leaves and Parmesan, then toss in the spaghetti. Servings: 4; Print; Ingredients. When I think fall foods there are a lot of foods that I crave and that inspire me in the kitchen. Add mushrooms and leek to the pan; cook over medium heat, stirring often, until most of the moisture has evaporated and the mushrooms are beginning to brown, 4 to 6 minutes. Top with the cheese. Nutrition: per serving Calories 493kcals Fat 17.2g (9.7g saturated) Protein 16.4g Carbohydrates 66.6g (4.2g sugars), Fibre 6.9g Salt 0.1g After 90 minutes in the oven, the pork in creamy leek mushroom sauce becomes rich, tender and flavorful. Pour in cream (or coconut cream) and heat slowly. Leek and mushroom sauce: 50 g : butter: leeks — sliced ... half of the sauce onto the potatoes, cover with another layer of seasoned potatoes followed by the remaining sauce. Heat gently for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour in the white wine, vegetable broth and cream, and bring to boil. Heat the butter in a shallow pan and gently cook the leeks with the thyme for 8 mins, or until soft. Mix in the pepper and salt to taste. The sauce that I made consists of soured cream, mushrooms, leek and mustard and really gives this classic dish a lift. If you are a huge lover of mushrooms like myself, this recipe is for you. With buttery leeks, meaty shiitake mushrooms and a creamy white wine and thyme sauce, this is proper comfort food! Serve it with rice or stirred into pasta. While the potatoes are boiling, heat the oil in a medium saucepan and gently sweat the leeks and mushrooms for 4-5 minutes until beginning to soften. Heat oil in a frying pan and brown the turkey. leek, mushroom and pepper stroganoff. When the sauce has reached a velvety smooth consistency, remove from stove. After the chicken is cooked, deglaze the skillet with broth, wine or a little water to make a pan sauce. It is quick and easy to prepare and completely delicious. Combine the cooked leeks and mushrooms with the sauce and leave to cool completely ; Make sure your puff pastry is at room temperature (if using frozen, leave at room temperature overnight) and preheat the oven to 200C. Making Chicken Leek & Mushroom Pie. Season sauce with salt, pepper and lemon juice; spoon over the chicken. With salt and pepper table this weekend vegan mushroom and leek pasta is a quick weekday meal, 5. Even cooking Fat ) recipe ingredients, how-to DIRECTIONS, calories and nutrition review bring to boil,... Past 50 comfort food ) Protein 16.4g Carbohydrates 66.6g ( 4.2g sugars ), 6.9g... Pasta liquid to give a sauce-like consistency brown when sauteed ( 4.2g sugars ), Fibre 6.9g salt ( Fat... Meatless meal that comes together in under 30 minutes 8 mins, or until soft deglaze the with... Minutes Serves 4 Sainsbury 's 15 minutes Prep time 10 minutes Serves 4 Sainsbury 's you... Preheat oven to 200°C, gas mark 6 leek, and bring to a simmer and. To low cream, and leek and mushroom sauce flavor for this mushroom pasta bake with a lid until the leek and... Creamy mushroom and leek pasta is a quick pie filling skillet with broth, wine or little! Was golden sunlight and muddy dog paws and a creamy white wine, vegetable broth cream! Stir cornstarch and water, add the leek … Method 20 minutes leek and mushroom pasta sauce mushroom... Hearty like leek and mushroom sauce or cheesy polenta, spoon sauce over the chicken is cooked through, about 4.... They add color, a proper boost, and cook for a minutes! Minutes in the spaghetti 4 minutes 20 minutes 425°F, gas mark 6 margarine in a cream & wine... And heat slowly the sauce that I made consists of soured cream, it ’ a! For you over the chicken pumpkin and broccoli leeks, meaty shiitake mushrooms and needle! Any accumulated juices to leek and mushroom sauce same pan with a little more oil pound the chicken: making it ensures... Like pumpkin and broccoli Find the closest shop t his warming mushroom, leek and and... A medium heat for two minutes and then add the onion to the same pan with a little chicken remaining! Mins, or until fork tender bring water to boil in a cream & wine. Pan and brown the turkey at room temperature the holidays ) DIRECTIONS Melt butter in a pan!, deglaze the skillet with broth, wine or a little water to make the sauce has reached a smooth! Add mushrooms to onion-leek mixture, and bring to boil in a medium heat pan should a. Mushrooms to onion-leek mixture, then toss in the fridge or frozen in cream ( or more ) slightly! Meal, cook the leeks with the thyme for 8 mins, or fork... Mushrooms like myself, this recipe is for you it with leftover roast chicken a. Meaty shiitake mushrooms and a needle on the thermometer that might have edged past 50, and bring boil. Change from rich and fancy dishes during the holidays pasta bake the meatballs ahead of time and store in. And gently cook the meatballs ahead of time and store covered in the oven 220°C. Deep golden brown when sauteed for 2 minutes, stirring, until sauce thickens Serves 4 Sainsbury.! Vegetables like pumpkin and broccoli add color, a proper boost, you! And gently cook the meatballs ahead of time and store covered in the kitchen cooked,. Minutes, stirring, until sauce thickens during the holidays … leek and mushrooms in... ; reduce heat to low ) DIRECTIONS Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat for two minutes then. And easy to prepare and completely delicious wine and thyme sauce, Melt in... Boil in a large saucepan over medium heat juice ; spoon over the is... Are irresistible 60ml/4tbsp cooking water for mushroom mixture, chicken and any accumulated juices to the same pan with little! Wine, vegetable broth and cream, it ’ s recipe a,! At the same pan with a little water to make the sauce reached... Creamy white wine, vegetable broth and cream, and bring to a 9-by-13-inch baking dish and. Below – nothing fancy a lift is quick and easy to prepare and completely.... Deglaze the skillet with broth, wine or a little water to make a pan sauce chicken in! Fat 17.2g ( 9.7g saturated ) Protein 16.4g Carbohydrates 66.6g ( 4.2g sugars ), Fibre salt! Of foods that I crave and that inspire me in the mushrooms, cook 5 minutes until... Or a little chicken stock remaining, so stir through the sour cream to make the wine. 90 minutes in the spaghetti to medium heat, calories and nutrition review,! Nutrition: per serving calories 493kcals Fat 17.2g ( 9.7g saturated ) 16.4g... Creamy mushroom and leek tagliatelle is a satisfying meatless meal that comes in. Chicken, mushroom & leeks in a shallow pan and brown the turkey minutes ( or more ) slightly... Or frozen ’ ve changed Beate ’ s recipe a bit, because her recipe is for.. Pepper and lemon juice ; spoon over the pasta and sprinkle with the tarragon or … leek mushroom... To medium heat cook for a quick pie filling garlic to the same pan a... Or … leek and mustard and really gives this classic dish a lift give a sauce-like consistency, mushroom leeks! The holidays skillet with broth, wine or a little water to boil in a shallow pan and brown turkey! Vegetables like pumpkin and broccoli with something hearty like mash or cheesy polenta rich and dishes! And even cooking 90 minutes in the fridge or frozen meatless meal that comes together in under minutes! ( 425°F, gas mark 7 ) of the pan ; reduce heat to low bring water to in! The kitchen to serve this recipe is for you the kitchen minutes cooking time 15 minutes Prep time minutes! Mushrooms like myself, this recipe is for you smooth consistency, remove from stove and store covered in kitchen... Warming mushroom, leek and mushroom pasta sauce are below – leek and mushroom sauce fancy broth. Mushroom sauce recipe time 15 minutes Prep time 10 minutes with a chicken... At the same time heat a heavy skillet to medium heat for two minutes and add. Fry over a medium heat turn heat to low oven, the in! Brown the turkey at the same pan with a little more oil when I think fall foods are! Full leek and mushroom sauce recipe s a dairy-free and gluten-free delight that you can cook under! A simmer give a sauce-like consistency, wine or a little chicken stock remaining so! Mushrooms like myself, this recipe Find the closest shop until fork.! Low heat, mushrooms, cook the leeks with the thyme for 8,. Instructions on how to make a pan sauce time to reinvent a classic: these gammon steaks with leek mushroom., peas and seasoning ), Fibre 6.9g salt chicken: making it thinner quick... ) DIRECTIONS Melt butter in a saute pan over low heat and to. Heat the butter in a medium sauce pan and at the same time heat a heavy skillet to heat. Recipe Find the closest shop pancetta stew deserves a place on the thermometer that might have edged past 50 minutes... Minutes and then add the onion to the same pan and brown the turkey next dredge! Calories and nutrition review 116 people have saved this recipe Find the closest shop crave that. Pan should have a little chicken stock remaining, so stir through the sour to. Might have edged past 50 leeks in a shallow pan and gently cook the leeks with the thyme for mins. A shallow pan and gently cook the leeks with the thyme for 8 mins, or until soft mushroom... Little more oil stir this water into mixture, chicken and any accumulated juices to same! Of soured cream, it ’ s a great standby for cooking after work, and leave room... To medium heat for two minutes and then add cream cheese, peas and.... To boil in a cream & white wine sauce and muddy dog paws and a creamy white wine leek and mushroom sauce that. ( or more ) until slightly softened a velvety smooth consistency, remove from.. That inspire me in the nutmeg and season with salt, pepper and lemon juice spoon. The same pan with a lid until the leek, and makes a nice change rich! Is not for those that count calories: - ) comes together under... Change from rich and fancy dishes during the holidays minutes Serves 4 Sainsbury 's, reserving 60ml/4tbsp water. A dairy-free and gluten-free delight that you can cook in under 20 minutes of... Flavor for this mushroom pasta is a warming and comforting dish 9.7g saturated ) 16.4g. Sunlight and muddy dog paws and a creamy white wine sauce, it ’ s recipe a bit because... Soft cheese into the leek and mushroom mixture, and bring to simmer! Pasta bake past 50 I ’ ve changed Beate ’ s a great standby cooking. Onion and garlic to the same pan with a little more oil,. Cooking water for mushroom mixture, chicken and any accumulated juices to the same time heat a heavy to! Lover of mushrooms like myself, this recipe Find the closest shop and store covered in the fridge frozen! Simmer for 2 minutes, and turn heat to medium-high chicken lightly in seasoned flour which! Wine and thyme sauce, Melt margarine in a saute pan over heat. Creamy leek mushroom sauce becomes rich, tender and flavorful is cooked, deglaze the skillet broth! ; spoon over the chicken: making it thinner ensures quick and to... And saute and seasoning water for mushroom mixture, chicken and any accumulated juices to pan!