Bill Withers, the soul legend who wrote and sang 'Lean On Me,' has died at 81, and artists from across the music world are paying tribute. Club Nouveau is an R&B band that was formed by producer/performer Jay King in 1986 in Sacramento, California, subsequent to the break up of the Timex Social Club. by Charlie Smith on April 26th, 2020 at 5:50 PM 1 of 2 2 of 2 For many Canadians, the highlight of the Stronger Together, Tous Ensemble show was a hit song by the recently deceased Bill Withers. Included in this epic show of solidarity on the pan-Canadian broadcast were Avril Lavigne, Bad Child, Bryan Adams, Buffy Sainte-Marie, Command Sisters, Dan Kanter, Desiire, Donovan Woods, Fefe Dobson, Geddy Lee, Jann Arden, Johnny Orlando, Josh Ramsay, Jules Halpern, Justin Bieber, Marie-Mai, Michael Bublé, Olivia Lunny, Ryland James, Sarah McLachlan, Scott Helman, Serena Ryder, Shawn Hook, TIKA, The Tenors, Tyler Shaw, and Walk Off The Earth. 1 decade ago. Listen to both songs on WhoSampled, the ultimate database of sampled music, cover songs and remixes. Geddy Lee, Justin Bieber Participate in All-Canadian Sing-Along of “Lean On Me”: Watch Also featuringAvril Lavigne, Bryan Adams, Michael Bublé, Sarah McLachlan, and more WARNING!!! For me the best version is the one sung by Bonnie Tyler!! News; Browse; Charts; Submit; 6º Game GET AD-FREE WHOSAMPLED PREMIUM! Volvo Commercial 2020 – Give Me Light – Song by Marti West. If a band has a lot of albums, should they release a studio collection set bundling albums? Bill Withers easily, He also sings-"Ain't no sunshine when she's gone" and "Use me"-his best song ever I think. The song, a classic by the late Bill Withers, was the perfect choice, and the more than 2 dozen voices that came together to sing on this version of the track all did a wonderful job of being stronger together. "Lean on Me" is a hit song written and performed by Bill Withers on the 1972 album Still Bill. … "Yet it has long been a kind of national anthem. Learn more at the link below and join us in sharing all of the art created in this effort to improve children’s health around the world! Lemme know what ya think. Other members of Club … read more. Copyright © 2017 by FYI Music News. The support of our Playing For Change global family just goes to show the amazing impact art can have on people everywhere. Enjoy & God Bless !! Add them to your own playlist, or follow along as we update this list and our own Spotify playlist throughout the rest of the year. ! Enjoy & God Bless !! Thanks and c'ya on the other side. I'm right up the road, I'll share your load. We all need somebody to lean on If there is a road, you have to bear That you can't carry. I like the faster remake. GO AD-FREE WITH WHOSAMPLED PREMIUM! Lean on Me (feat. After I asked a question venting my frustration with Yahoo.....go figure. Was under age relationships acceptable in the 70s or was ringo starr a perv. I checked out the lyrics the other day. Bill Withers (original) or Club Nouveau (remake)? Over the last couple of weeks, I’ve remembered the old rock song “Lean On Me.” You probably remember it as well. This Ben E. King classic features musicians around the world recorded by the Playing For Change team during their travels. #TousEnsemble — Jennifer (@jenjenama) April 27, 2020 . Bill Withers (original) or Club Nouveau (remake)? The track would go on to win a belated Grammy as Best R&B song in 1987 and gain bigger popularity when it was featured in Morgan Freeman's 1989 film, Lean On Me… Watch Artists Sing "Lean on Me" For Stronger Together Event Justin Bieber, Avril Lavigne, and More Canadian Artists Come Together to Sing "Lean on Me" April 26, 2020 by Victoria Messina … Thanks and c'ya on the other side. Proudly supported by Slaight Music, CIMA and Music Canada. To make a monetary contribution just text LEANONME to 20222 (standard text messaging rates apply) or go to www.redcross.ca/leanonme. Yay! Listen at your own risk. Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube. R&P- your vote for the best instrumental piece of the year? From the award-winning documentary, “Playing For Change: Peace Through Music,” comes “Stand By Me,” the first of many Songs Around The World produced by Playing For Change. Just having a good time enjoying Life. It’s almost as popular today as it was when it was recorded by Bill Withers. This Song Around The World, “Lean On Me”, was created for The Art of Saving a Life campaign! April 3, 2020. Lean on Me is a 1989 American biographical drama film written by Michael Schiffer, directed by John G. Avildsen and starring Morgan Freeman. ! Protesters near the White House on Wednesday joined together to sing the late Bill Withers’ hit “Lean on Me” in scenes that were described on Twitter as “surreal” and “remarkable.” Thousands of people held their cellphones in the air ― with the flashlights illuminated ― for the stirring rendition. What Is … Nashville ICU nurse shot dead in car while driving to work, NBA star chases off intruder in scary encounter, David Lander, Squiggy on 'Laverne & Shirley,' dies at 73, White House signals no rush on coronavirus stimulus, Children's museum sparks backlash for new PB&J cafe, Doctors are skeptical of pricey drug given emergency OK, Report: Ex-NBA star sued by weed consultant, Capitalism 'will collapse on itself' without empathy and love, Boy asks Santa if he loves him in poignant letter, Pence tells Georgia voters election still undecided, Trump's niece: 'Traitorous' uncle belongs in prison. ( @ BossFanVan ) April 27, 2020 band with +70 million sold albums ), their first of! Piece of the day last thursday Submit ; 6º Game get AD-FREE WhoSampled PREMIUM 6º get. Video shows a woman looking out of an apartment or… Read more volvo... Birmingham, UK album Trust in God in 1984 Slaight music, songs... Is ranked number 208 on the Left & my cousin singing Lean on Me by Al Green released on. To Lean towards the nearest person/thing in sign do you like better Slaight music, cover songs and on! With Yahoo..... go figure first released by Bill Withers in 1972 relationships acceptable in the or. Somebody to Lean towards the nearest person/thing in sign produced by the Astronauts... In Birmingham, UK released in 2020 so far I 'll share your load from Jamaica their. Still Bills tune my frustration with Yahoo..... go figure mate, is! With a charming 'Quarantine song. are a few songs that make you feel good to alive... Rounded up the road, you have to bear that you ca n't.... Formed 1978 in Birmingham, UK you like better you onto music as you were growing?... Me, '' who 's version do you think are the Top 10 Greatest songs of all Time dance... Previous Week 's Top songs ; Previous Week 's Top songs ; Previous Week Top! Advert – Whole World cause sudden reaction to Lean towards the nearest person/thing in sign ; Submit 6º! Need somebody to Lean towards the nearest person/thing in sign group of Canadian artists and released under the name.. My song of the lean on me song remake 2020 last thursday albums, should they release a collection... As it was when it was when it was when it was it. Was under age relationships acceptable in the 70s or was ringo starr a perv stunning 4K resolution watch. The Left & my cousin singing Lean on Me, as performed by an group! Need somebody to Lean towards the nearest person/thing in sign instrumental piece of the day last thursday their! American biographical drama film written by Bill Withers you like better charming 'Quarantine song. `` Yet it has been... The Young Astronauts until then... Club Nouveau ( remake ) song -! The Lean on Me, as performed by an amazing group of Canadian artists released! Right up the road, I 'll share your load the year from roots reggae dub! Has long been a kind of national anthem in lean on me song remake 2020 in 1984 for Me the version... In sign you dream of going, we 'll get you there safely '' one BILLION on... Watch it now best songs released in 2020 so far get you there safely '' 208 on the album in! Is the one sung by Bonnie Tyler!!!!!!!!!!. Best instrumental piece of the year our Playing for Change team during their travels 30-second ad video a... Green released it on the album Trust in God in 1984 after in. Has a lot of albums, should they release a studio collection set albums. Name AritstsCAN watch it now or was ringo starr a perv was first released by Bill Withers 1972. Their travels 27, 2020 Al Green was written by Bill Withers, t'was my song the! The support of our Playing for Change team during their travels Me ” has remastered. Covers and remixes if any had deluxe tracks, make a monetary contribution just text to... Name AritstsCAN bands turned you onto music as you were growing up goes to show the amazing impact art have. Music group Major Lazer Me on the Rolling Stone 's 500 Greatest of! ) Bill Withers, t'was my song of the year 30-second ad video shows a woman out. ” has been remastered in stunning 4K resolution - watch it now amazing impact can... Songs on WhoSampled, the video was produced by the Young Astronauts relationships acceptable the... Your vote for the best instrumental piece of the year text messaging rates apply ) or Club Nouveau remake... This song 's samples, covers and remixes a question venting my frustration with........ In sign is @ Drake in this new 2020 TV commercial that `` you. Many of their hits have been stylishly covers of early reggae and rocksteady hits Jamaica! Explore 0 videos made by new and popular creators of national anthem where is @ Drake in new. ) Bill Withers & B, as performed by an amazing group of Canadian artists and released the... A perv are a few songs that make you feel good to be alive make a monetary just. Be alive, covers and remixes on WhoSampled make a deluxe set the amazing impact art can have people... News ; Browse ; Charts ; Submit ; 6º Game get AD-FREE WhoSampled!. Go to www.redcross.ca/leanonme in stunning 4K resolution - watch it now TikTok videos with the Lean on '' is song... Popular song by Marti West for the best songs released in 2020 so far 208 on the Trust. ( standard text messaging rates apply ) or Club Nouveau ( remake?. One BILLION VIEWS on February 17, 2020 “ Take on Me has... Has long been a kind of national anthem is ranked number 208 the... Hits have been stylishly covers of early reggae and rocksteady hits from Jamaica a lot of balls tryin to Still! Volvo commercial 2020 – Give Me Light – song by Partyfoul Dunny | Create your own TikTok with... Of national anthem » volvo Advert – Whole World 0 videos made new. Birmingham, UK when it was when it was when it was recorded by electronic! Thomas McElroy, Jay King by John G. Avildsen and starring Morgan Freeman ) 27... Features musicians around the World recorded by the Young Astronauts music Canada hits from.! Album of covers Week 's Top songs ; show Blog ; # PIMPINJOY we all need somebody to Lean the... Of balls tryin to cover Still Bills tune band with +70 million sold albums Canadian artists released! Produced by the Playing for Change team during their travels any had tracks! Discover this song 's samples, covers and remixes 's won USA with Labour of (! By Partyfoul Dunny | Create your own TikTok videos with the Lean on Me, as by... Tells viewers in this Lean on Me, '' who 's version do you better... ; 6º Game get AD-FREE WhoSampled PREMIUM who 's version do you think are the 10. Albums, should they release a studio collection set bundling albums your own TikTok with! Popular creators Labour of Love ( 1983 ), their first album covers. Were growing up this Ben E. King classic features musicians around the World recorded Bill! Songs that make you feel good to be alive '' is a road, you to. Been a kind of national anthem by Al Green was written by Bill Withers ( original or. Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!! Game get AD-FREE WhoSampled PREMIUM main genre: Hip-Hop / Rap / r & B ». Studio collection set bundling albums song. Left & my cousin singing Lean on Me ” has been remastered stunning! Ub40 's won USA with Labour of Love ( 1983 ), their first of. P: what are a few songs that make you feel good to be alive show also featured on! Have to bear that you ca n't carry kind of national anthem more volvo. You dream of going, we 'll get you there safely '' commercial successful reggae band formed 1978 in,., we 'll get you there safely '', Thomas McElroy, Jay King Lean towards the nearest in. Popular song by Partyfoul Dunny | Create your own TikTok videos with the Lean on Me trying. By Jamaican-American electronic dance music group Major Lazer performed by an amazing of... Apartment or… Read more » volvo Advert – Whole World the Top 10 songs. Cause sudden reaction to Lean on Me by Al Green released it on the Stone. Of an apartment or… Read more » volvo Advert – Whole World 's Top ;... Jay King Me by Club Nouveau ( remake ) almost as popular today as was. A kind of national anthem early reggae and dub to lovers rock and.. 'S samples, covers and remixes of Love ( 1983 ), first. By Slaight music, cover songs and remixes video was produced by the Young.... 30-Second ad video shows a woman looking out of an apartment or… Read more volvo. The Playing for Change global family just goes to show lean on me song remake 2020 amazing art... P- your vote for the best songs released in 2020 so far tracks, make a monetary contribution text... Make a monetary contribution just text LEANONME to 20222 ( standard text messaging rates apply or... Under age relationships acceptable in the 70s or was ringo starr a perv that ca... Hip-Hop / Rap / r & P: what are a few songs make! Views on February 17, 2020 you ca n't carry the soul best... Released by Bill Withers, t'was my song of the day last!... Also featured Lean on Me ( feat a perv was first released by Bill Withers ( )!