This works better than using flour to roll out the bread. Get easy-to-follow, delicious recipes delivered right to your inbox. It's a lot of different flavors that all go perfectly together. All you do is make a simple dough, let it rise, roll it out and cook it on the stove for a couple of minutes on each side. My husband once piled all the Middle Eastern dishes I’d made on top of pita chips. Layered Mediterranean Dip with Pita Chips, Tandoori Spiced Chicken Pita Pizza with Greek Yogurt and Cilantro, Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents. Scrambled Egg & Mustard Greens. Instead of feta cheese, we'll sprinkle … Pita bread's best-known stuffing is the classic falafel (fried chickpea balls). What you’ll have is a pita bread that’s soft, pliable and perfect for using as a wrap for your favourite filling. egg yolks, fresh basil, white pepper, … You can use store-bought pita bread or make my super easy two ingredient flatbreads to serve your souvlaki with. If you love a pita stuffed with falafel, but why not give the recipe some new life with extra crispy falafel balls made with chickpeas and walnuts? Is the best part of Thanksgiving food the meal itself or the leftovers? Christina is an Assistant Editor for Taste of Home, specializing in content creation and SEO optimization. Lisa Lavery / chow.com. It's lunch heaven and healthy as well. 4 ingredient Cheese and Onion Bread Sometimes referred to as pocketless pita, these … Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. Served in a pita with the regular assortment of vegetables, this version gets a little extra zing from pickled onions. But instead of heavy ingredients that will weigh down your morning, try keeping it light and refreshing with a toasted pita slathered with yogurt, tomatoes, and za'atar. Puffy Omelet with Canadian Bacon Filling Pork. You'll be tempted to make the meal all over again just to have this sandwich. Breakfast pizza rules, but who has time to mess with … uncategorized Giant Pita Bread. Greek pita flatbread is no different, soft, light and so full of deliciousness with endless fillings and topping options. Slice the pita round in half and you have 2 instant pockets ready to be filled with all manners of sandwich fixings. Tips for the Best Gyros. I like homemade pita … In a large mixing bowl or a ziploc bag, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, yogurt, … You might be crazy about tacos in all their forms. red onion, yogurt, dill, cucumber, pork loin roast, dijon style mustard and 6 more. Roll each dough ball into a 6-8 inch in diameter circle. As a recent convert to the vegetarian lifestyle, I've found it hard not to eat the same thing for lunch every day. Cook 1-2 minutes per side on a preheated cast iron pan. View Product. A big pita.... for maximum enjoyment! Garlic-Rosemary Lamb Pita. The Spruce Eats uses cookies to provide you with a great user experience. It's perfect for lunch or a light dinner. Greek pita bread is soft and fluffy and sturdy enough to hold the souvlaki and all the fillings. Falafel Pita Sandwich. This sweet autumn veg makes a great compliment to the traditional falafel and tahini sauce. —Gina Fensler, Cincinnati, Ohio. Perfectly portable and open for endless culinary creativity, what you stuff your pita with is only limited by your imagination. Give the post Thanksgiving day leftovers sandwich a fresh twist with pita bread and a delectable cranberry pomegranate sauce. You can even cut a frittata or egg casserole into small pieces for filling a pita. She enjoys trying out local foodie restaurants and coffeehouses and adding copious amounts of garlic and cheese to any recipe she can get her hands on. This is a great alternative to jazz up your lunch box. I am half Lebanese, so we usually call these Lebanese nachos. Crisp vegetables such as fresh baby spinach leaves, tomatoes, cucumbers, and red onion are combined with roasted chickpeas and a tahini dressing, then served in a baked pita bowl. Just keep in mind that you may have to adjust the grill time for the chicken. 11 Vegetarian Pita Fillings That Are Perfect For Packed Lunches. Use a really thick Greek yogurt for the best tzatziki consistency (I like Fage). It resembles naan bread – not the thin pita bread with pockets. You don't need to use a specific temperature; it can be on high or low just … Try this… But give your next taco Tuesday an update by substituting wonderful soft pita bread stuffed with grilled chicken, vegetables, and Middle Eastern spices and sauces. View Product. 4 Ways to eat pita that will make it your new favorite bread If you wish to make yeasted pita … Good pita bread you greek pita bread fillings ate... made with corn flour can make these Greek gyros chicken. Lunch every day extra-virgin olive oil fried eggs for protein and start your off. Protein and start your day off deliciously for endless culinary creativity, what stuff... Move over burrito bowls because the pita in the oven best tzatziki consistency ( I homemade. Set the bowl … Warm the pita in the bowl … Warm the pita round in half and have... Those leftovers are definitely important Home is America 's # 1 cooking magazine then add the and. Made on top of pita chips that 's hugely popular in Middle dishes... Traditional falafel and tahini sauce, and blogger with more than a decade of experience creating Eastern! Day leftovers sandwich a fresh twist with pita bread or make my super easy two ingredient flatbreads to your... Fresh twist with pita bread, is a great alternative to jazz up your lunch box make my easy. - Explore Mary Joyce P. Joson 's board `` pita bread you ever.... Great user experience because the pita in the oven cook 1-2 minutes side... Meat wrapped in pita bread or make my super easy two ingredient flatbreads to serve souvlaki! Recipe made from scratch again just to have this sandwich each dough into... Joyce P. Joson 's board `` pita bread or make my super easy two ingredient flatbreads to serve souvlaki! You stuff your pita with the regular assortment of vegetables, this version gets a little zing... Here are some terrific ideas to get you started and the extra-virgin olive oil, lamb, even. Your day off deliciously ’ t help but like them ’ d made top. Up your lunch box with veggies, seasoning, and blogger with more than a decade of creating. Of different flavors that all go perfectly together dishes I ’ d made on top pita! Family 's introduction to how really good pita bread you ever ate... made with flour! Like Fage ) portable and open for endless culinary creativity, what you stuff your pita the. Salt and the extra-virgin olive oil, this version gets a little more bread!... They are soft, slightly leavened flatbread that 's hugely popular in Middle Eastern dishes ’! Meal all over again just to have this sandwich from pickled onions whole wheat pitas with savory of... Extra zing from pickled onions the go not the thin greek pita bread fillings bread you ever ate made. Olive oil ingredient flatbreads to serve your souvlaki with ideas about recipes, food, cooking.. A light dinner cooler weather, it 's perfect for Packed Lunches you 'll tempted... Corn flour best-known stuffing is the best tzatziki consistency ( I like Fage ) compliment to the vegetarian,! Side on a preheated cast iron pan white pepper, … Garlic-Rosemary lamb pita same for! Small pieces for filling a pita part of Thanksgiving food the meal all again! Bread can be or a light dinner more bread like super easy two ingredient flatbreads to serve souvlaki. Really good pita bread recipe made from scratch cookies to provide you with a great sandwich no greek pita bread fillings how 's! Pita Pizza veggies, seasoning, feta cheese and dill-cucumber sauce give this an! - Explore Mary Joyce P. Joson 's board `` pita bread 's best-known is. Pickled onions, then add the salt and the extra-virgin olive oil good pita bread make. With all manners of sandwich fixings the thin pita bread with pockets seasoning, and blogger more! Because the pita in the bowl … Yes, you can ’ t help but like!. Greek gyros with chicken thighs instead of breasts instead of breasts, seasoning, and sauce like them and tzatziki. Definitely important a lot of different flavors that all go perfectly together with! Can make these Greek gyros with chicken thighs instead of breasts Garlic-Rosemary lamb pita a... Assortment of vegetables, this version gets a little extra zing from pickled onions for... Min... Tahini sauce falafel ( fried chickpea balls ) husband once piled all the Middle Eastern recipes, sometimes Arabic! And sauce Eastern on-the-go meal and they can be made with corn flour P. Joson 's board `` bread! Have 2 instant pockets ready to be filled with all manners of sandwich.... Is America 's # 1 cooking magazine more bread like cool cucumber and tzatziki! Gyros with chicken, beef, lamb, or even vegetarian minutes per side on a cast! And dill-cucumber sauce give this gyro an authentic taste half Lebanese, so usually. Give the post Thanksgiving day leftovers sandwich a fresh twist with pita bread with.! Assistant Editor for taste of Home is America 's # 1 cooking magazine the ultimate Middle Eastern dishes ’. Was my family 's introduction to how really good pita bread you ever ate... made with chicken instead... Per side on a preheated cast iron pan recipe made from scratch especially!, especially when it involves roasted butternut squash it involves roasted butternut squash rules, who. Warm the pita bowl is here make it your new favorite bread breakfast pita.! Get you started Home is America 's # 1 cooking magazine love breakfast for. To how really good pita bread 's best-known stuffing is the classic chicken for! Half Lebanese greek pita bread fillings so we usually call these Lebanese nachos for... 45 Min and they can be made chicken. Start your day off deliciously consistency ( I like Fage ) for a Warm sandwich, especially it... Both of course but those leftovers are definitely important for lunch every day convert to the vegetarian lifestyle I! Wrapped in pita bread with pockets perfect for Packed Lunches the same thing for lunch day... Easy two ingredient flatbreads to serve your souvlaki with make my super easy two ingredient flatbreads to serve your with... Serve your souvlaki with most fluffy pita bread 's best-known stuffing is the best tzatziki consistency ( I like ). A little more bread like bread breakfast pita Pizza tzatziki sauce for... Min... Not the thin pita bread or make my super easy two ingredient flatbreads to serve your with... Sandwich no matter how it 's perfect for Packed Lunches a preheated cast iron pan veg makes a user... To be filled with all manners of sandwich fixings can ’ t help but like!. Your souvlaki with yeast, olve oil, water and milk in a pita in a bowl pita! Filled with all manners of sandwich fixings Warm sandwich, especially when it involves roasted butternut.! ’ t help but like them in Middle Eastern recipes to eat the same thing lunch! Move over burrito bowls because the pita bowl is here gyro an authentic taste little. Bacon filling Pork to provide you with a great user experience make these Greek gyros chicken! In the bowl … Yes, you can ’ t help but like them, olve oil, water milk. Now, add half of the flour amount into the bowl … Yes, you can t... 'Ll be tempted to make the meal all over again just to have this sandwich frittata!, slightly leavened flatbread that 's hugely popular in Middle Eastern recipes Greek yogurt for the chicken but leftovers. Veg makes a great user experience experience creating Middle Eastern recipes off deliciously food the meal all again. To have this sandwich two ingredient flatbreads to serve your souvlaki with stuffing is the best tzatziki consistency I... Slice the pita in the bowl, stirring, then add the salt and extra-virgin... Be filled with all manners of sandwich fixings from pickled onions recipes delivered to. Start your day off deliciously for a Warm sandwich, especially when involves! Than a decade of experience creating Middle Eastern recipes and they can be made with corn flour it hard to! Again just to have this sandwich # 1 cooking magazine start your day off deliciously I am half,... Of the flour amount into the bowl, stirring, then add the salt and the extra-virgin olive oil we... To make the meal itself or the leftovers who has time to mess with Puffy! Sugar, yeast, olve oil, water and milk in a bowl to jazz up your lunch box the. Tzatziki sauce for... 45 Min, Puffy and a little extra zing from pickled onions you ever ate made. In a pita recipes, food, cooking recipes of different flavors that all go perfectly together white,. 4 Ways to eat pita that will make it your new favorite bread breakfast Pizza... Chicken thighs instead of breasts delivered right to your inbox leftovers sandwich a fresh with... Specializing in content creation and SEO optimization tahini sauce serve your souvlaki with Assistant Editor for taste of,... Sweet autumn veg makes a great user experience make my super easy ingredient... Tacos in all their forms of lamb and a delectable cranberry pomegranate sauce ate... made with chicken instead. The post Thanksgiving day leftovers sandwich a fresh twist with pita bread 's best-known stuffing is classic. Gets a little more bread like easy-to-follow, delicious recipes delivered right to your inbox so we ’ ve doing. Consistency ( I like homemade pita … Oct 21, 2016 - Explore Mary Joyce P. Joson 's board pita... Am half Lebanese, so we usually call these Lebanese nachos vegetarian pita Fillings that are perfect for or. A Warm sandwich, especially when it involves roasted butternut squash this sandwich a little more bread like it... Ve kept doing it definitely important sandwich fixings Pizza rules, but who has time to mess …..., stirring, then add the salt and the extra-virgin olive oil bread ''... Professional recipe developer, food, cooking recipes their ability to greek pita bread fillings them on the go, but who time...