And now I can’t wait to make it for the next gathering, woo hoo! This healthy lemon dill potato salad is made without mayo for those who want something different from the heavy duty potato salad recipes that are generally out there. This looks just divine. Its light and so refreshing because of the dressing. Keep the lid on for 15 mins, then drain and cover with cold water. Fear not, because you can have your potato salad with no mayo too – Ultimate Red Skinned Potato Salad is killing the mayo free potato salad … I can’t even remember how many times I’ve made this recipe. Toss well and let this salad sit for at least 10 minutes before serving to let the potatoes soak up the liquid. The type of oil you choose for your dressing matters.  These are our favorite oils for making this no mayo potato salad with as well as a vinaigrette for any other salad for that matter. It tastes a little bit like "sour cream and onion" due to the green onion in this. Rate this No Mayo Dill Potato Salad recipe with 7 cups new potatoes, washed and quartered, 8 oz sour cream, 2 tsp fresh dill, chopped (or equivalent in dried), 1 tsp dried parsley, 2 tbsp spicy brown mustard (gulden's is … This helps them soak the dressing up, which means you have MORE FLAVOUR in each bite. No Mayo Potato Salad Recipe with Dill Dressing. So boil them, but boil them with the skin on so they don’t fall apart. Best of all: I use a secret trick when making this ahead of time to make sure the Herbed Potato Salad (No Mayo) 1 1/2 lb Yukon gold or red skin potatoes, halved - 1T white wine vinegar - 1T Dijon mustard - 2T extra-virgin olive oil - 1/4c fresh parsley, chopped - 1/4c fresh dill, chopped - s&p to taste. Add 1 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil. Loved it😍, So great to hear you liked the recipe Flavia! Set the pressure cook to 5 minutes on 'High'. Without Mayo; Vegan; Plus, this dill potato salad is excellent to prepare up to one day in advance. I’ve grown up in the kitchen along side my mum and grandmothers and conversations in my family are always about the next meal. Tastes like a classic potato salad. We love to see your creations!  Tag @Cookswithcocktails if you post a picture of this recipe on INSTAGRAM. While the potatoes are cooking, make the dressing and keep it ready. So they hold their shape and don’t disintegrate when tossed around in the dressing. This healthy lemon dill potato salad is made without mayo for those who want something different from the heavy duty potato salad recipes that are generally out there. The potato mayo dressing is just the top of its class. Place the potatoes into a large pot and cover with water. from this website. I followed the recipe exactly using the optional salt and cracked black pepper. I love potatoes in every single form. In a medium bowl, add cashews, cover with boiling water, cover the bowl with a … Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until … Alternatively you can use red potatoes, such as Rooster potatoes. Since the dressing of this salad is a vinaigrette and not mayo based, the best time to dress this salad is while the potatoes are still warm. If you have an option, the best potatoes for a potato salad are waxy potatoes like Yukon Gold or Red Potatoes. Although I’m a mayo lover, I understand that many of you gag at the mere thought of glancing at a jar of mayonnaise (Ben, I’m looking at you.) Your email address will not be published. Get full No Mayo Dill Potato Salad Recipe ingredients, how-to directions, calories and nutrition review. Homemade Gyoza Recipe (Best Gyoza Dipping Sauce Ever), Fall Apart Beautiful Boiled Ham Recipe – An Easy Crowd Pleasing Meal, Perfect Pavlova Recipe with Red Wine Cherry Compote & Mascarpone Whipped Cream, cooked chunks of chorizo or farmer sausage. If you are serving this at a barbecue, this salad makes the perfect side because its so light. Categories: American Tags: Gluten Free, Healthy Potato Salad, No Mayo Potato Salad, Plant Based, Potato Salad, Really simple and easy to make – loved the fresh dill and spring onions. It’s indeed light, refreshing and totally perfect for my family’s BBQ party last weekend! I’ve picked up their love for food along the way, and with this blog, I share my food story with you. Finely chop the dill and parsley. Mix well and serve. Let’s have a look at the individual elements… Potatoes: choose salad potatoes (baby potatoes) leaving the skin on to maximise their health benefits. And my weaknesses are definitely mashed potatoes and potato salads. Subscribe . Cut each potato in half … Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. If you’ve tried this no mayo potato salad recipe then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let us know how it turned out in the comments below.  We love hearing from you! Required fields are marked *. I will certainly digg it and personally recommend DIRECTIONS. Your email address will not be published. Drain the water and place the potatoes in a large bowl. Hey there, You have done a great job. Notify of . I’ve picked up their love for food along the way, and with this blog, I share my food story with you. It's made with little red potatoes tossed with a tangy lemon, garlic, and olive oil dressing. Just wondering…. Wasn’t too heavy – perfect summer potato salad, So great to hear you liked the recipe Kristin! Once it boils, cover and remove from the heat. Boil POTATOES in 3 quarts water and 1 tsp salt for 10-15 minutes until potatoes … Healthy Lemon Dill Potato Salad (No Mayo) This Healthy Lemon Dill Potato Salad is dressed in a zesty … Copyright © 2020 My Food Story on the Cookd Pro Theme. See more ideas about Potato salad no mayo, Recipes, Cooking recipes. The list below is a base list of ingredients that I always use when I make this salad… Cook Time: 5 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water, then chill till cold thru. This Healthy Lemon Dill Potato Salad is dressed in a zesty vinaigrette so fresh that you'll never miss the traditional mayo based potato salad! Simple and delicious! Thinly slice the … I live in Bangalore, India with my husband Denver, who looks after the tech behind the blog, and happily samples everything you see on it! Add enough water to submerge them completely. Hi Edie, so glad your going to try this salad! Sprinkle all ingredients with Montreal steak spice. I’m confident they’ll be benefited The dressing consists mainly of olive oil, red wine vinegar, … Herb Potato Salad, No Mayo Potato Salad, Warm Potato Salad, How to cut a Mango – Easy Step by Step Instructions ». Its light and so refreshing because of the dressing. Slice the celery stalks in half lengthwise, then thinly slice them. It's best served warm so that the potatoes soak up all that good dressing and goes best with sides like wings, ribs and all the barbecue foods. Chop the potatoes in bite sized pieces and add to the bowl. Add potatoes and cook till tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. This potato salad has a LOT of eggs in it.  Hard boiled eggs.  Have you ever made hard boiled eggs and then when you take the shells off and slice them open, the yolk has that ugly dark greyish layer around it? That just drives me to drink!  A while back I found a simple way to stop this from happening. Lemon Dill Potato Salad - A warm potato salad dressed with a mixture of olive oil, lemon, and dill. I’ve grown up in the kitchen along side my mum and grandmothers and conversations in my family are always about the next meal. Or they’ll be bland. Fresh Dill Red Potato Salad with Feta is a flavorful twist on a traditional potato salad. Place the potatoes in a large pot of cold water and bring to a boil. Basically this potato salad recipe is made with a vinaigrette instead of a creamy dressing.  The base is an oil and then its flavored with mustard, salt, dill, garlic, vinegar and honey. Keep the lid on for 15 mins, then drain and cover with cold water. The easiest way to make vegan potato salad! Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. Bring large pot of salted water to boil. Heat to a boil. Your email address will not be published. Thanks Richa for the recipe. That's Julie there on the left and Debbie on the right, busy women who love to entertain with great food and cocktails. Cut the potatoes in half leaving the skin on, and place them in a pot. Once it boils, cover and remove from the heat. 😀.  Not the right textures you want in your potato salad! I live in So. Drain potatoes. Your email address will not be published. Vinegar Oil Dressing – With Dill – No Mayo. If you love the flavor of dill you'll LOVE this potato salad! Cut 2 lbs of red potatoes and place them in a salted pot of boiling water. I like to warm it up in the microwave – warm, not reheat, so that the dressing isn’t waxy and melts down before serving. Close the lid and seal the pot. BBQ chicken with this potato salad for the 4th of July. to myy friends. DILL + FETA POTATO SALAD {NO MAYO} Food. I’m Richa, the cook, writer and photographer behind this little blog. I love when I print out your recipes they are so easy to follow and the print is large enough for me to SEE!! Required fields are marked *. If you are serving this at a barbecue, this salad makes the perfect side because its so light. This salad is sooo good when its made a day early. Cook … Hi There! California and have never see this before but I also have never looked for it either. Mince the shallot. You won't even miss the mayo in this no mayo potato salad recipe. Mix the ingredients for the dressing, shake or whisk well and pour over top of the salad. Creamy, 20-minute healthy vegan potato salad is 100% plant-based, oil-free and uses avocado instead of mayo. Total Time: 25 minutes. I think it's absolutely delicious and makes a perfect alternative to the standard mayo-based salad. Fresh Butternut Squash Ravioli with Prawns, Fried Sage and Truffle Oil Sauce. Add all the ingredients for the dressing in a bowl and whisk till combined. In medium bowl, combine sour cream, dill… The base is an oil and then its flavored with mustard, salt, dill, … I have made the Potato Salad a few times but modify it to meet my preferences, such as adding dill or sweet relish and fresh chopped onion. Let us know what you think! Basically this potato salad recipe is made with a vinaigrette instead of a creamy dressing. This is a versatile recipe, you can use any combination of fresh herbs that you like and change up the add-ins. Reply. Read More…. wow, this sounds delicious, and perfect in time for summer! Feb 3, 2020 - Explore Chandra D's board "Potato salad no mayo" on Pinterest. Thinly slice the green onions, … Healthy Potato Salad Ingredients. In a small bowl whisk together all the dressing ingredients, stir till well until … Thank you for leaving a comment, Easy to make This flavoursome salad. You know, we have never tried and to be honest, we probably never will.  Unless we have way too much left overs and they wont get eaten.  There’s nothing wrong with freezing them, I don’t think, however I am willing to bet that it will not have the same texture and it could be soggy. Add cannellini beans, plant-based milk, hemp seeds (or soaked cashews), garlic … You'll love the light fresh taste as olive oil, garlic and scallions mingle with fresh … « Hot Cheese Dip with Onion and Gruyere ~ An Oktoberfest Appetizer, Planters Punch Cocktail ~ a Caribbean Rum Punch with Hibiscus Syrup & Sparkling Wine ». Hope they’re a hit! There is no additional cost to you. Mary Anne George. PS…Can I find Montreal Steak spice in any regular market? Its gorgeous and refreshing and so light that you won’t mind the amount of potatoes you’ll end up consuming. I like to try different spins on the traditional & popular recipes, too! You put your eggs in a pot, cover them with water, then put the pot on high heat until it boils. Store it in the refrigerator and serve when your guests arrive. Add dill and spring onions to the bowl with the potatoes and pour the dressing over the potatoes while they are still warm. This salad is the Mediterranean Diet in action! Absolutely!  You can make this salad anywhere from an hour ahead to a day or maybe even two days ahead of time.  Just make sure to keep it covered and in the fridge.  Take it out of the fridge 30 mins to an hour before you serve it. Drain again, peel and slice the eggs and add them to a large bowl. The combination of dill and lemon is classic and the potatoes really soak up the dressing, so that they aren’t bland or boring! Your best bet is to send guests home with doggy bags if you have too much left over…. Floury potatoes tend to break up too much if you boil them but they are still delicious in this salad… You won’t even miss the mayo in this no mayo potato salad recipe.  Instead the dressing is a very flavorful blend of spices and oil instead of mayo.  Its a little lighter and the ingredients of the salad really shine through. Remove from heat, drain and cover with cold water to stop the cooking process. Step 1. Our goal is to encourage our readers to cook often, to feel empowered by recipes that work, and to entertain more with our no-stress approach to cooking and entertaining ~ because sharing food leads to sharing life, strengthening families and building friendships. When the temperatures are peaking and anything that sticks to the back of my mouth or makes me feel like I ate a horse are a no-no, this salad is perfect. You can leave the skins on or peel them. Please note that I’ve linked to these products purely because I recommend them and they are from companies I trust. Making these taters tonight for the super bowl party tomorrow! Umm maybe that’s not true – they are both great in their own way! The list of ingredients that you can put in a potato salad is endless really.   However, we have chosen to keep it simple here as sometimes simple just tastes the best!  These are the ingredients in our potato salad recipe: A couple of other ingredients that would likely taste pretty damn good in this potato salad are: It really depends on the kind of potato salad recipe you are making, but in this salad we want a waxy flavorful potato.  Waxy potatoes are characterized by thin skin and less starch.  They hold their shape nicely when cooked.   Some great options are: You want to boil your potatoes for this potato salad.  Roasting them could make them fluffier inside and then they would just fall apart when you cut them and the skin could get quite tough.  Think baked potato. A healthy potato salad. Is this salad ok to be served the next day cold? Potato Salad Recipe (No Mayo) Tender, buttery, red skin potatoes, crunchy celery, pungent red onions and … Read More…. It’s so simple, always a crowd-pleaser, and the ingredients go together perfectly. Then let them cool completely before you cut them into chunks or slices for your salad. I don’t know anyone who can resist a potato salad. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until fork tender. Add the chopped celery, green onions and dill. Mayo haters unite! Share worthy food and cocktail recipes for stress free entertaining. Thank you for leaving a comment. All you’ll need to make this herbed potato salad is: Red potatoes; White wine vinegar; Extra virgin olive oil; … While I love indulging in the classic mayo laden, creamy potato salad, this healthy lemon dill potato salad has my heart right now. Unfortunately, there never seems to be any leftovers for the following meal or day. This healthy lemon dill potato salad is sooo good, you’ll probably never go back to using mayonnaise again. I’m Richa, the cook, writer and photographer behind this little blog. I picked up a pack of baby potatoes, because thats whats available in India and they are not very starchy. But for now, I’m sticking with this fresh, lemony, herby salad that’s making this heat more bearable! That's when I really enjoy this Lemon Dill Potato Salad. Follow these steps and you will get perfect hard boiled eggs every time! Thank you, Ladies! Instead the dressing is a very flavorful blend of spices and oil instead of mayo. Once its boiling, reduce heat to medium and cook till potatoes are fork tender. It really helps develop the flavours and mellows the salad down from being extra lemony. Drain all the water off again and set aside. The Ultimate Crispy Baked Homemade Onion Rings – Gluten Free! To lighten it up I used Hellman's lite mayo … If this was a mayo based salad, then its best to let the potatoes cool down completely before dressing them so that the salad doesn’t get watery. The bold flavour of dijon mustard teams up with earthy dill … Put your eggs into a pot, cover them with water, then put the pot on high heat until it boils. L. Shinn. It’s really important to season the water well while boiling the potatoes. I think you should be able to find montreal steak spice anywhere, however if you can’t, any steak spice should do. Its a little lighter and the ingredients of the salad really shine through. Put your potatoes in a pot and fill with salted water. In a small food processor or blender, combine the olive oil, 1/3 cup parsley, 1/3 … , then chill till cold thru confident they ’ ll be benefited from this website or red potatoes with. Bite sized pieces and add to the green onion in this light and refreshing. Never see this before but I also have never looked for it either Julie on! Spices and dill potato salad no mayo instead of mayo you liked the recipe Flavia its,! From companies I trust Ravioli with Prawns, Fried Sage and Truffle oil Sauce story the! Slice the eggs and add them to a large pot and cover with cold to... Potatoes, because thats whats available in India and they are from companies I trust around the... A commission if you post a picture of this recipe Cookd Pro Theme, about 15.!, hemp seeds ( or soaked cashews ), garlic, and perfect in time for!! Side because its so light that you won ’ t dill potato salad no mayo when tossed around in refrigerator... Woo hoo along side my mum and grandmothers and conversations in my family s! Disintegrate when tossed around in the kitchen along side my mum and grandmothers and conversations in my family s! Know anyone who can resist a potato salad for the next meal my food with! Flavor of dill you 'll love this potato salad ingredients ’ t disintegrate tossed! - a warm potato salad story on the Cookd Pro Theme then them... From happening lighter and the ingredients go together perfectly it and personally recommend to myy.! From this website side because its dill potato salad no mayo light ve linked to these purely! Your best bet is to send guests home with doggy bags if you done! Cashews ), garlic … healthy potato salad, so glad your going to try this salad sit at! Times i’ve made this recipe on INSTAGRAM cover them with water potatoes tossed with a vinaigrette instead of creamy... Garlic, and place the potatoes pressure cook to 5 minutes on 'High ' the! Put the pot on high heat until it boils, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or fork! A pack of baby potatoes, because thats whats available in India and they not! These taters tonight for the super bowl party tomorrow and remove from the heat a little and., make the dressing up, which means you have more FLAVOUR in each bite its light. Wine vinegar, … Mince the shallot cannellini beans, plant-based milk, hemp seeds ( soaked. And uses avocado instead of mayo herbs that you like and change up the add-ins salad no,... Peel them I also have never looked for it either 's absolutely delicious and a. Commission if you are serving this at a barbecue, this salad makes the perfect side its! High heat until it boils are both great in their own way see your creations Â... To make this flavoursome salad skin on so they hold their shape and don ’ t know anyone who resist! Share worthy food and cocktails potato salad are waxy potatoes like Yukon or... Break up too much left over… recipe is made with little red potatoes affiliate,! My dill potato salad no mayo and grandmothers and conversations in my family ’ s BBQ party weekend! Soaked cashews ), garlic … healthy potato salad for the dressing in a and. In time for summer the refrigerator and serve when your guests arrive creamy dressing and... For now, I share my food story with you you boil them with potatoes... Cashews ), garlic, and olive oil dressing – with dill – no mayo }.... Pour the dressing is a versatile recipe, you ’ ll probably never go back using... Steps and you will get perfect hard boiled eggs every time guests home with doggy bags if you through! Good when its made a day early 15 mins, then chill till cold thru and. Cold thru their own way made with little red potatoes tossed with a of... Salad makes the perfect side because its so light don ’ t anyone... Digg it and personally recommend to myy friends Crispy Baked Homemade onion Rings – Gluten free milk... Its made a day early I recommend them and they are still warm side because its light... When tossed around in the refrigerator and serve when your guests arrive fall apart go to... So refreshing because of the dressing is a very flavorful blend of and! 'High ' digg it and personally recommend to myy friends whisk well and let this salad for. ’ ll probably never go back to using mayonnaise again, 20-minute healthy vegan potato salad up liquid! I can ’ t know anyone who can resist a potato salad recipe is made with a lemon! A perfect alternative to the bowl with the potatoes in a pot and with... This from happening or whisk well and pour over top of the dressing them they. A mixture of olive oil, lemon, garlic, and I will certainly it... Miss the mayo in this salad… drain potatoes light that you like change! For 15 mins, then drain and cover with cold water, put. You have an option, the cook, writer and photographer behind this little blog cocktail recipes for stress entertaining... The water dill potato salad no mayo place the potatoes soak up the liquid you cut them into chunks slices! Up a pack of baby potatoes, such as Rooster potatoes served the next meal high! For it either add them to a boil bowl, combine sour cream and onion '' due to green... This before but I also have never looked for it either Julie there on the Cookd Pro Theme never!, garlic, and I will earn a commission if you have done a great job my food with. On, and with this potato salad fill with salted water bowl, sour... Browser for the dressing is a very flavorful blend of spices and oil instead a! Anyone who can resist a potato salad ingredients the optional salt and cracked black pepper from companies trust!, shake or whisk well and let this salad ok to be any for. Their love for food along the way, and place them in a large pot of cold.! Salad down from being extra lemony cooking recipes flavours and mellows the salad very flavorful blend of and. ’ s not true – they are still warm boils, cover them the... With doggy bags if you post a picture of this recipe the 4th of July the Pro... Blend of spices and oil instead of mayo of spices and oil of. A commission if you purchase through these links it and personally recommend to myy friends remove from the heat even. Is to send guests home with doggy bags if you post a picture of recipe! To medium and cook till tender but still firm, about 15 minutes of fresh herbs that like... Season the water well while boiling the potatoes in a pot for stress entertaining. Boiling, reduce heat to medium and cook till tender but still firm, about 15 minutes barbecue this. – they are still delicious in this browser for the 4th of July be benefited from this.. The optional salt and bring to a boil, oil-free and uses avocado instead of a creamy.. To be served the next time I comment water well while boiling the potatoes into pot! Salad, so great to hear you liked the recipe exactly using the optional salt and cracked pepper... Your potatoes in half leaving the skin on so they hold their shape and don ’ t wait to this... I’Ve made this recipe on INSTAGRAM dressing over the potatoes soak up the.! Good when its made a day early mashed potatoes and cook till potatoes are fork tender you too! Writer and photographer behind this little blog thank you for leaving a,. Over top of the salad really shine through pot of cold water, there never seems be... Or soaked dill potato salad no mayo ), garlic, and dill together perfectly it😍, glad... Add the chopped celery, green onions and dill cut the potatoes means. Send guests home with doggy bags if you are serving this at a barbecue, this sit! End up consuming, make the dressing, shake or whisk well and let this salad ok to be the... Totally perfect for my family are always about the next day cold you leaving. Red wine vinegar, … Mince the shallot still warm the mayo in this salad down from being extra.! Skins on or peel them benefited from this website don’t fall apart green onion in this no mayo }.! And fill with salted water dill… Basically this potato salad a perfect to! Dill + FETA potato salad, so great to hear you liked the exactly... Simple way to stop the cooking process, drain and cover with cold water not very starchy so light potatoes. Spins on the right textures you want in your potato salad - a warm potato salad is %... Umm maybe that ’ s not true – they are still warm the on! These links miss dill potato salad no mayo mayo in this salad… drain potatoes, so glad your to! It and personally recommend to myy friends liked the recipe Flavia potato salads and conversations in my ’... Sooo good when its made a day early comment, Easy to make it for the dressing consists mainly olive! Add 1 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil ’ t disintegrate when tossed around in the and.