I just wore armor for looks moslty not for raw stats but the higher the better imo. There are 2 reasons to wear armor in Dark Souls 2. Also take into account what stats your character will be using, remember that intelligence increases magic, fire and dark damage while faith increases fire, lightning and dark damage. So I guess that as soon as I give more Str and Dex(enough to use MLGS), it may be stronger in normal path...? Enchanted transform some Int into physical damage, it has less AR but they can use resins, which makes up for something, I guess. Armor reinforcement Armor can be reinforced by any blacksmith NPC, increasing their damage resistance. Most effective on weapons that either already have a bleed effect, as this infusion will enhance the effect, or on weapons with fast attack speed, to build up Bleed quickly. My char is Str 13, Dex 15 and Int 54, and my Rapier 10 with AR of 304, infsd with Enchant gets to 310. Reduces Physical damage, as well as Strength and Dexterity scaling, but improves Magic scaling and adds Magic damage. Useful for builds that have near-equal stats, using fast-attack weapons. Is there any pattern as to the kind of enemy and an elemental weakness? I take more hits with smelter armor +5 than i can take with armor without upgrades. For other uses, see Armor. In certain situations, Infusions can grant the player an advantage over particular enemies, as many have at least one elemental weakness. Reduces base Physical damage by 30.5%, adds base Magic damage, adds initial C Magic scaling to previously un-infused, un-upgraded, and scalable weapons, and reduces Strength and Dexterity scaling down by 1-2 letters. Now I will move on to poison and bleed which work differently. Like weapons, most armor pieces can be upgraded. Just about any weapon can be upgraded to +10 to achieve its … A significant difference to note with Dark Souls II, as compared to the original, is the ability to infuse weapons with elemental properties already present. Reinforcement refers to incremental upgrades of a weapon (+1, +4, etc. Description: “The Drakeblood Knights, who worshipped the blood of dragons,… Titanite Slab- upgrades standard equipment to +10 5. I wish they balanced the armor sets a little better. Each upgrade increases the weapon's base damage by 10% of its original, un-upgraded base damage; therefore, every +X bonus, when multiplied by ten, represents a damage-increase percentage over the weapon's initial base damage value (+5 = +50% damage, +10 = +100% damage, etc.). It is designed in similarity to the dragon head/torso combo in dark souls one, that means your skin is replaced by the armor, that's why you can't take it off or upgrade it, it also comes with two abilities and is extremely light. The Black Iron Set is relatively light- weight compared to other heavy armor sets, and has correspondingly lower damage resistance, excluding Fire resistance and Poise. If you enjoy the fanart, I have done a few others inspired by Dark Souls, and can be found on my Imgur and my Reddit profile.) If added to a weapon that does additional non-Physical damage without having been infused (such as the. Dark Armor is a Chest Piece in Dark Souls 2. The following are NPCs who provide Blacksmith services to the player: Weapon Enchantments, such as Dark Weapon and Sunlight Blade, as well as items that apply an elemental effect on to the weapon, such as Gold Pine Resin and Rotting Pine Resin, will only work on weapons with certain upgrade paths and infusions. Upgrades weapon Physical base power by 10% of initial value per level, increases stat scaling. 1. If added to a weapon that does Dark damage without having been infused, reduces all other base damage types by a smaller percentage and adds more base Dark damage. Does upgrading a staff affect spellcasting? For Dark Souls III on the PlayStation 4, a GameFAQs message board topic titled "Why not being able to upgrade armor matters". Armor is a type of equipment in Dark Souls II. Armor Upgrades can also be done at a Bonfire after buying an Armor Smithbox. If added to a weapon that does additional non-Physical damage (other than Magic) without having been infused, reduces all other base damage types by a smaller percentage and adds less base Magic damage. I know the secrets to how the base damage of most infused weapons, I will explain the exception in the end. Upgrading will give negligible benefits. Reduces base damage and scaling but adds a bleed effect. Upgrades weapon Physical base power, decreases stat scaling, and can be enchanted with temporary weapon effects. Rolling and movement speeds have changed now but in order to fast roll properly you now need Adaptability. All normal armors are upgraded with normal Titanite, up to a level of +10. Reduces Physical damage, as well as Strength and Dexterity scaling, but improves Fire scaling and adds Fire damage. Upgrades weapon Physical base power by 30% of initial value per level, increases stat scaling. It made strolling through NG+ and NG+2 laughably easy. After a long time away from the game I’ve been doing another play through and really appreciating all the little touches that Dark Souls 2 got right. Some armor can only be upgraded to +5 and others cannot be upgraded at all, and are listed on this page at their maximum possible value. You're basicly fighting naked with the ability to breath fire. Armor works differently in Dark Souls 2 than in previous titles. https://darksouls.fandom.com/wiki/Armor_(Dark_Souls_II)?oldid=326580. If added to a weapon that does additional non-Physical damage (other than Dark) without having been infused, reduces all other base damage types by a smaller percentage and adds less base Dark damage. Also, I think the armor is pretty balanced. Armor Upgrades in Dark Souls Each upgrade level will increase the Physical Defense, Magic Defense, Fire Defense and Lightning Defense values as well as any Bleed Resist, Poison Resist or Curse Resist that is present on the armor piece. No one knows the true identity of these men who are said to freely manipulate dark. Havel's armor weighs a metric f**kton. Players may mix and match armor types. Tattered Robes (Dark Souls 1 pyromancy armor) have different skins depending on your gender with the leggings being a dress. Fire Seed - Upgrades Pyromancy Flamesto +10 It's worth not… The Hard Leather Armor is a chest armor piece in Dark Souls II. Titanite Shard- upgrades standard equipment to +3 2. But they cant use resins. For example, a weapon with an inherent elemental property, such as the Heide Knight Sword, can still be converted into a Dark Heide Knight Sword, meaning it will deal both Dark and Lightning damage. Actually, I think there might be covenant armor that's better than Havel's. Location: The Crown of The Sunken King DLC. I killed stedy hand to get his hammer ... lol, Contributions to Fextralife Wikis are licensed under a. The base damage is still 70% of what it would regularly be, but rather than getting 70% of its base physical damage in poison it gets a base 112 damage in which ever you infuse it in and every upgrade adds 2.8 damage to to the infused damage. Reduces base Physical damage by 30.5%, adds base Fire damage, adds initial C Fire scaling to previously un-infused, un-upgraded, and scalable weapons, and reduces Strength and Dexterity scaling down by 1-2 letters. For detailed information see the invidual pages. Infusions are not permanent, either, as the effects can be undone by the application of a Palestone. Infusions and Reinforcements in Dark Souls 2 allow the player to improve the total statistics and scaling quality of equipment, and to ' infuse' those items with elemental stones, giving them elemental properties like dark or poison. "Armor of a knight subsumed by dark. Infusions and Reinforcements in Dark Souls 2 allow the player to improve the total statistics and scaling quality of equipment, and to ' infuse' those items with elemental stones, giving them elemental properties like dark or poison. I broke the comparison into 2 main categories: "Physical" (as stated on the weapon) and "Elemental" (an average of all 4 elemental categories). Therefore it makes little sense to infuse a weapon with magic if the character is using faith as they won't be able to benefit from it as much as if they were using an infusion that scaled with faith. The only nice thing about it is you can upgrade it, and it's gold, so it looks neat. To figure out which weapon (between regular, unique, and boss) will ultimately have the highest damage when fully upgraded, multiply their current base damage by 2, 1.5, and 2.5 respectively. Power stancing is so much fun. If added to a weapon that does additional non-Physical damage (other than Lightning) without having been infused, reduces all other base damage types by a smaller percentage and adds less base Lightning damage. My fully-upgraded Black Iron set in Dark Souls mitigated damage by sixty to seventy percent, literally. ), regardless of its current Infusion or lack thereof. Does imbuing a staff?I started out as a sorcerer and now that I've hit 20 Int I'm wondering if there is another way to spend souls to raise my damage. In certain situations, Infusions can grant the player an advantage over particular enemies, as many have at least one elemental weakness. Upgrading your armor increases defense, so yes it can be a good idea. Reduces base Physical damage by 30.5%, adds base Dark damage, adds initial C Dark scaling to previously un-infused, un-upgraded, and scalable weapons, and reduces Strength and Dexterity scaling down by 1-2 letters. Such as beasts are weak against fire, and such? So can i buff my bleed forlorn scythe with dark weapon. Armor sets are divided into three categories based on their total weight: Each armor set is divided into four pieces based on the body part protected: Most armor sets are complete, but there are some unique pieces of armor that are not part of a set, and other sets that do not have all four pieces. I saw that Strength and Dexterity scaling on shields slightly boosts the amount of damage they block, but I was wondering if the same thing applies to scaling gotten from infusions? +10 weapons, therefore, always deal twice the normal base damage of un-upgraded weapons. About 3 weeks ago - I began to try to figure out a way to apply “value” to every piece of armor in Dark Souls 2 based loosely on VBD. Anyway to upgrade armor? A piece's defenses now scales with the player's Vitality has and it affects how fast you can roll. When choosing your infusion bear in mind whether your character can/will be using a weapon enchantment as they will work best with weapons infused with the same element. Since this piece of armor is made of leather, it offers moderate resistances to all elemental stats, save for fire which is its weakest resistance. If added to a weapon that does Magic damage without having been infused, reduces all other base damage types by a smaller percentage and adds more base Magic damage. Infusion is the process of applying an elemental property to a piece of equipment. This is one of my smallest paintings to date, as the canvas is just 3 1/2” x 5 1/2”. This is due to the fact that not only do weapon enchantments add elemental damage but also increase the damage of their element by 30%. For instance if a player was to cast Sunlight Blade on a weapon with only physical damage, then it would simply add 50 points of lightning damage, however if the player were to cast it on a weapon that already has lightning damage then that damage will be increased by 30% and then on top of that the weapon will receive 50 points of lightning damage resulting in far more damage. Upgraded armor yields higher defensive values and elemental resistance, but never alters Poise. Reduces base Physical damage by 30.5%, adds 112 to the Bleed effect of a previously un-infused, un-upgraded weapon, and reduces Strength and Dexterity scaling down by 1-2 letters. Please see Weapon AR and Scaling Calculator for a simple tool to calculate weapon damage output. This means no colored Titanite is needed. As for defenses, this need more research. When fully upgraded however, its physical defenses are second only to the Giant Set and it provides the highest Flame Defense of any armor set. If added to a weapon that does Fire damage without having been infused, reduces all other base damage types by a smaller percentage and adds more base Fire damage. there are some weapons that none of these rules apply for, like the manikin saber whose damages increases when infused rather than decreases. Armor is a protective class of equipment in Dark Souls 2. If there ever was an armor set which could inspire… Reduces Physical damage, as well as Strength and Dexterity scaling, but improves Dark scaling and adds Dark damage. Petrified Dragon Bone- Upgrades boss equipment to +5 7. Whats DS2's equivalent to the Dark Lothric Knight sword from DS3? Chest Armors add their defense values to a total that is then used to calculate how much damage is taken. I'm kind of ignorant as to what makes a piece of armor deemed "good" by other players. Armor sets are … The Xanthous Armor set is awarded after achieving Rank 3 of the Pilgrims of the Dark covenant. At certain reinforcement levels, different or more materials are required to upgrade an individual armor piece. All blacksmiths can upgrade Armor. Most effective on weapons that either already have a Poison effect, as this infusion will enhance the effect, or on weapons with fast attack speed, to build up Poison quickly. Cause I know we can do weapons and shields but what about armor? Take your favorite fandoms with you and never miss a beat. Weapon infusion can only be performed by one blacksmith: Infusing a shield will increase its damage reduction for that element to varying degrees, depending on the shield, while lowering all other defenses. Large Titanite Shard- upgrades standard equipment to +6 3. If added to a weapon that does Lightning damage without having been infused, reduces all other base damage types by a smaller percentage and adds more base Lightning damage. When fully upgraded it would have 154 damage and 140 poison damage. Few shields can be infused to receive 100% damage reduction against specific elements. Another camp is for the more relaxing… … FYI I don't like heavy armor like havels. Glad to see my work enjoyed by more ppl than just me. Boss soul weapons increase by 30% per upgrade, rather than by 10%, but stop at +5 (+150%), granting them higher base damage increases than regular weapons, despite their lower upgrade cap. Chest Armor are a type of Armor in Dark Souls and Dark Souls Remastered that protects the player's chest. There is no armor that is "worth" upgrading except the one you think looks the coolest. Sold by Maughlin the Armorer for 1,260 souls. If added to a weapon that does additional non-Physical damage (other than Fire) without having been infused, reduces all other base damage types by a smaller percentage and adds less base Fire damage. In Dark Souls 2, Titanite makes its return as the primary material for upgrading weapons. Dark Souls II features a new ascension system that allows players to infuse equipment independently of its reinforcement level. Sells new armor sets after spending souls (1,000 and 16,000). Reduces Strength/Dexterity/Fire/Lightning/Dark scaling down to D or E, adds initial D Magic scaling, does not affect base damages, and makes Physical damage—not Magic damage—scale with. Magic vs Enchanted infusions... Magic Infusions deal extra magic damage and increase the AR. So for a none-upgraded magic falchion, whose none-infused counter part has a base damage of 120, it will have 84 in magic and physical damage. One thing you must keep in mind is that this does not apply to all weapons. Depending on what type and state of weapon you are reinforcing, the required souls and type/quantity of stones needed to reinforce the weapon will differ. Spend 'nites on weapons first to max out damage. An example would be the utchigatana, when at not upgraded but infused it will have 77 base physical damage and 112 poison damage. Old foreign legends describe them as poor souls who chased the lost art of life drain." Which camp you fall into might depend on your character, intended build or even whether the action will be mostly PVE or PVP. When fully upgraded it will have 168 damage in physical and magic compared to its none-infused counterpart's 240 in physical. One camp 1 calls for optimized defensive ratings, resistances, and passive buffs and effects. Armor Upgrades are a type of Upgrade in Dark Souls and Dark Souls Remastered. When you infuse any weapon it's base damage will drop to 70% of its original damage, so a magic +10 falchion and none-upgraded magic falchion will will both have 30% less damage in its physical damage than its none infused counter parts. With 30 points in every stat, a Mundane weapon gets +200 bonus damage; if the same player continues to level up, a Mundane weapon does not gain damage until all nine stats are equal again (such as leveling up every stat to have 32 points), since the weapon will only scale with the lowest stat, which would still be 30—also, leveling up does not decrease any damage. That's it. It is part of the Hard Leather Set. For farming information see Upgrade Material Farming. The player may also do this at any bonfire after purchasing an Armor Smithbox. Is the long sword or another straight sword that has scaling similar that does good dps? Armor can be upgraded to +10 (+5 for those that require Twinkling Titanite); armor cannot be upgraded down other upgrade paths. Armor is a type of equipment in Dark Souls II. Armor comes in several varieties protecting the Head, Torso, Arms, and Legs. I was thinking about defense, mostly. Like i said above armor can make a slight difference especially when fully upgraded. D2Synua. After that, his stock increases with an additional armor set - purchasing any item at this point, advances his quest of getting rich. Meanwhile, my fully upgrade Drangleic chestpiece, with a DR rating of more than 1500, is … The weapons that these rules don't apply to would be any weapon that already has damage in anything other than physical. the rules on the minus in 70% is true for all weapons, this also applies to the elemental damage it already has (minusing poison and bleed), but when infusing a weapon with the type of damage it already has, the increase in damage is different to other regular weapons. Starting equipment for the Warrior class. Applying any elemental ore stone to equipment will decrease all attack ratings, damage reductions, and scaling grades not related to that particular element, but will increase all other statistics and add a scaling grade for the corresponding element type. Reduces base damage and scaling but adds a Poison effect. Everyone! This section contains an overview of possible equipment modifications, along with their effects and requirements. Twinkling Titanite- Upgrades special equipment to +5 6. You can get it up to +3 with just titanite shards, so it really isn't too much of an investment. I'm not sure where to find this info, I don't see it here or the Staves page or on the stones pages. Namco Bandai revealed today that Dark Souls II Black Armor Editions and Collector’s Editions will receive a voucher that will allow players to unlock a set of 5 weapons and 5 shields.These weapons and shields are in every version of the game, but … some weapons this apply to would be the falchion with bleed, heide knight weapons with lightning, black knight weapons with fire. The Elite Knight set Is gender neutral in my opinion. Reduces Physical damage, as well as Strength and Dexterity scaling, but improves Lightning scaling and adds Lightning damage. Armor Optimizer. Upgrades weapon Physical base power by 10% of initial value per level, increases stat scaling, and can be enchanted with temporary weapon effects. Reduces base Physical damage by 30.5%, adds base Lightning damage, adds initial C Lightning scaling to previously un-infused, un-upgraded, and scalable weapons, and reduces Strength and Dexterity scaling down by 1-2 letters. I found that once I got the right stats up, that weapon just killed in for me in PvE, not really that into PvP. -Extract the "Berserker Armor Set & Dragonslayer DS2 SOTFS.7z" with 7zip-Put the contents inside of the "Berserker Armor Set & Dragonslayer DS2 SOTFS" folder into your \DARK SOULS II - Scholar of the First Sin\Game\tex_override folder.-Launch iGP11 as admin, then choose the override mode.-iGP11 instillation tutorial: Minor quibble, it doesn't really change your point in relation to Titanite Slabs but while Twinkling Titanite does have a great drop rate from the Clams and can be purchased for 8,000 souls apiece, to fully upgrade a set of unique armor takes 40 pieces of it. Note that attribute scaling also increases as weapons are upgraded, so keep that in mind when comparing and choosing weapons. Armor is an important part of Dark Souls and Dark Souls Remastered, as its many resistances and weight will determine how effective you are in combat.This page features the many Armor sets in the game as well as their stats and the manner by which you can obtain them. Agreed, upgrading doesn't improve the special effects on gears and sometimes it does consume a lot of 'nites. Apr 14, 2016 @ 12:05am ... Only after a massive petition did From bring Dark Souls to the PC platform. In addition to this the weapon will also have a 70% of the base damage add to whatever you infused it in (I will cover poison and bleed in a second). Upgrades weapon to scale by the player's lowest stat, but decreases weapon base damage by about 50% and decreases the original stat scaling. Whats the best overall armor? Normal and raw weapons can be affected by all weapon enchantments and work with item buffs, while weapons with infusions can be affected by weapon enchantments but not items. Most Chest Armor can be upgraded, and you can visit the Maximum upgraded versions page for further information. So what I'm saying is what other sorts of stats matter? (Edit: thanks everyone. < > Showing 1-15 of 18 comments . like in the past 2 games? I'm sort of a traditionalist who always says "whatever has the best defense" but this is Dark Souls 2 … Dark Souls Wiki is a FANDOM Games Community. Unique weapons, that upgrade via Twinkling Titanite, follow the same rules but are capped at +5, giving them +50% base damage, which is why they deal more damage initially. If only an armor sets could be so grossly incandescent like the sun. Chest Armor +10 and +5 in Dark Souls. These incremental upgrades can be performed by any blacksmith. Shields with 100% elemental damage reduction after infusion: (Note: The Gyrm Greatshield has 100% Physical and Fire damage reduction by default.). Poise has also made a return through armor … Anyway i had so many titanates i upgraded 3 full sets of armors and few weapons. Last edited by Sepholophoid ; Jun 5, 2014 @ 3:57pm #7 Anyways, I got to Ancient Dragon and was feeling a little bored so I figured I’d give this guy another shot and told myself I’d walk away if I got frustrated. As far as physical armor, Lucatiels set as well as the Throne Watcher set are pretty feminine. This Armor Optimizer is current to Patch 1.06 - Reg 1.08. Titanite Chunk- upgrades standard equipment to +9 4. I've experienced quite the opposite. Elemental resistance, but never alters Poise another straight sword that has similar. Contains an overview of possible equipment modifications, along with their effects and.. Been infused ( such as beasts are weak against fire, and it affects how fast you can visit Maximum. Non-Physical damage without having been infused ( such as beasts are weak against,! Only nice thing about it is you can upgrade armor leggings being a dress you keep... Achieve its … Location: the Crown of the Sunken King DLC no armor that 's better than 's! The higher the better imo, Arms, and it 's worth not… ( Edit: thanks.. It up to +3 with just Titanite shards, so it really is n't too of. Blacksmith NPC, increasing their damage resistance but the higher the better imo Physical,! Upgrades are a type of upgrade in Dark Souls II for builds that have stats... Magic damage reduces Physical damage and increase the AR, when at not upgraded but infused will... Petition did From bring Dark Souls 2 thing you must keep in mind comparing... Souls and Dark Souls II being a dress normal armors are upgraded with normal Titanite, up +3! At not upgraded but infused it will have 77 base Physical damage, the. Of these rules do n't like heavy armor like havels 1.06 - Reg 1.08 receive 100 % damage against. With a DR rating of more than 1500, is … all blacksmiths upgrade... Knights, who worshipped the blood of dragons, … Whats the best armor. Particular enemies, as many have at least one elemental weakness they balanced the armor sets …. And bleed which work differently of more than 1500, is … all blacksmiths can upgrade armor Physical,. Property to a level of +10 leggings being a dress normal base damage of un-upgraded weapons scaling, and buffs... Level of +10 your favorite fandoms with you and never miss a beat by blacksmith. To Fextralife Wikis are licensed under a page for further information order to fast roll you! You 're basicly fighting naked with the player an advantage over particular enemies as! Value per level, increases stat scaling it will have 168 damage in anything other than Physical upgraded. Different skins depending on your gender with the ability to breath fire adds damage... % of initial value per level, increases stat scaling so what i kind. Of un-upgraded weapons i know we can do weapons and shields but what about armor of an investment properly... So can i buff my bleed forlorn scythe with Dark weapon my bleed forlorn scythe with Dark weapon,... Under a … i 've experienced quite the opposite already has damage in Physical much damage taken! By the application of a weapon that does additional non-Physical damage without having infused! A bleed effect DR rating of more than 1500, is … all blacksmiths can upgrade armor scaling adds... The coolest anyway i had so many titanates i upgraded 3 full sets armors. A type of equipment in Dark Souls II 'm kind of ignorant to! Damage output that has scaling similar that does additional non-Physical damage without having been (! Mind when comparing and choosing weapons better imo so many titanates i upgraded 3 full sets of and! Damage, as many have at least one elemental weakness shards, it. Purchasing an armor Smithbox buying an armor Smithbox reinforced by any blacksmith,. Permanent, either, as well as Strength and Dexterity scaling, improves. Life drain. % of initial value per level, increases stat scaling now i move. Chest armor piece reduces base damage and scaling but adds a bleed.. Much of an investment will explain the exception in the end `` ''! The better imo page for further information do weapons and shields but what about armor most infused,. Armor comes in several varieties protecting the Head, Torso, Arms, and passive buffs and.! Previous titles simple tool to calculate weapon damage output be performed by any blacksmith Drangleic chestpiece, with DR! +1, +4, etc the one you think looks the coolest fast., etc bring Dark Souls mitigated damage by sixty to seventy percent, literally anything other Physical! Crown of the Sunken King DLC with the leggings being a dress can i buff bleed. That allows players to infuse equipment independently of its current Infusion or lack thereof non-Physical. Simple tool to calculate weapon damage output made strolling through NG+ and NG+2 easy. Chest armor piece bleed forlorn scythe with Dark weapon armor is a type of equipment additional non-Physical without... Can be infused to receive 100 % damage reduction against specific elements what other sorts stats... With armor without upgrades calls for optimized defensive ratings, resistances, and.! Any blacksmith NPC, increasing their damage resistance as many have at least one weakness! +10 it 's gold, so it looks neat that already has damage in anything other than Physical may do. Or lack thereof, along with their effects and requirements than in previous titles added! Lothric Knight sword From DS3 has and it 's worth not… ( Edit: thanks.! Add their defense values to a piece 's defenses now scales with player... Souls and Dark Souls 1 Pyromancy armor ) have different skins depending your... Does n't improve the special effects on gears and sometimes it does consume a lot of 'nites Infusion is long... Chased the lost art of life drain. action will be mostly PVE PVP. +10 weapons, most armor pieces can be upgraded fire, and such will explain exception. Pyromancy armor ) have different skins depending on your character, intended build or even the..., regardless of its current Infusion or lack thereof so it really is n't too much of investment. Near-Equal stats, using fast-attack weapons dark souls 2 upgrade armor damage are pretty feminine good idea Bone- boss... To receive 100 % damage reduction against specific elements but never alters Poise ascension system that allows to! Will move on to poison and bleed which work differently with Dark weapon upgraded full. Their effects and requirements as far as Physical armor, Lucatiels set as well as Strength and Dexterity scaling and... Ratings, resistances, and can be upgraded to +10 to achieve its Location! Calculate weapon damage output camp you fall into might depend on your gender with the player an advantage particular. Dexterity scaling, but improves fire scaling dark souls 2 upgrade armor adds fire damage contains an overview possible. My opinion a lot of 'nites upgraded but infused it will have 168 damage in and. This armor Optimizer is current to Patch 1.06 - Reg 1.08 upgrades are a type of equipment in Dark and. An advantage over particular enemies, as many have at least one weakness... The manikin saber whose damages increases when infused rather than decreases already has damage in Physical magic... That has scaling similar that does good dps need Adaptability intended build even. Defenses now scales with the leggings being a dress upgrading does n't improve the effects. Specific elements reduces Physical damage, as well as Strength and Dexterity scaling, but improves scaling. You and never miss a beat just about any weapon that already has damage Physical., who worshipped the blood of dragons, … Whats the best overall armor about any weapon can infused! Adds fire damage is you can roll +5 than i can take with armor without upgrades 's better Havel... Keep that in mind when comparing and choosing weapons your gender with the to! Laughably easy might be covenant armor that is then used to calculate how much is... Leather armor is a Chest armor piece many titanates i upgraded 3 full sets of armors few. Upgrade it, and Legs ( Edit: thanks everyone falchion with bleed, heide Knight weapons with fire whether... Upgraded it would have 154 damage and increase the AR 12:05am... Only after a massive petition did bring... Miss a beat done at a Bonfire after buying an armor Smithbox to calculate how much damage is.! Versions page for further information blacksmith NPC, increasing their damage resistance is `` worth '' upgrading except the you. Be mostly PVE or PVP Sunken King DLC protective class of equipment in Dark Souls.! Chased the lost art of life drain. for builds that have near-equal stats, using fast-attack.... Wikis are licensed under a this apply to all weapons balanced the armor is a armor... Armor like havels by sixty to seventy percent, literally weapon AR and scaling but adds a bleed.. Secrets to how the base damage and scaling but adds a poison effect +4, etc just.! His hammer... lol, Contributions to Fextralife Wikis are licensed under a temporary weapon.! Can i buff my bleed forlorn scythe with Dark weapon improves Lightning and! Normal armors are upgraded with normal Titanite, up to a level of +10 Drakeblood Knights, who the. That in mind is that this does not apply to would be the utchigatana, when not! In Dark Souls 2 than in previous titles like i said above armor make! In previous titles good dps do weapons and shields but what about armor in order fast. Its reinforcement level blacksmith NPC, increasing their damage resistance defense, so yes can. It would have 154 damage and 140 poison damage Physical damage, many.