Nutritious, comforting, and a wonderful way to welcome spring time! This week I harvested some beautiful asparagus and bought a gorgeous head of organic cauliflower. Add the broth and water, bring to a boil. Paleo, Whole30, and Keto friendly! Mrs. In addition to giving it a nice color, the bumpy superfood cauliflower provides a smoother texture to the soup than the less-starchy asparagus could achieve alone." Plus, you can make a big […], I’m Amy, foodie, nutritionist, recipe developer, wife, and busy mom of 2. Mar 20, 2016 - Roasted Asparagus, Cauliflower, and Mushroom Soup combines yummy vegetables with a lemon tang and basil kick! Finely slice the garlic and finely chop the onion and add to the pan, cooking until tender. Can’t tell if we’re going to be warm or cool this week, so this soup fits the bill! My cream of mushroom soup recipe is rich, creamy, and deeply savory, but it doesn’t call for you to stir in cream or melt butter. Creamy Mushroom and Roasted Cauliflower Soup - Closet Cooking I was searching for asparagus and mushroom soup and found this. Roasted Asparagus, Cauliflower, and Mushroom Soup Wholesomelicious. Chop the cauliflower into florets. flour, leek, fresh rosemary, … Paleo, Whole30, and Keto friendly! So I have cauliflower – perfect! Or under the recipe tab, then dinner. Am looking for a specific recipe that I originally saw on Yummly (Coconut and Pecan Crusted chicken Tenders). Apr 5, 2020 - Roasted Asparagus, Cauliflower, and Mushroom Soup combines yummy vegetables with a lemon tang and basil kick! Very rich and creamy, without ANY dairy! In a dutch oven or stock pot heat the olive oil and add the onions and mushrooms. I didn’t know what to expect but our family loved it. […] Recipe: Wholesomelicious | Roasted Asparagus, Cauliflower, and Mushroom Soup […], […] but you never know! I followed the directions with the exception of the yellow onion, I used leeks, as that’s all I had on hand. I am on a mission to create everyday nutritious recipes that taste absolutely DELICIOUS!!! Fill your soup bowl with a few ladles of the hot soup, add 1 TBSP cashew cream on top and swirl around, then top with the crispy, roasted cauliflower and asparagus pieces. dutch oven or stock pot heat the olive oil and add the onions and mushrooms. Our kids had a friend over and he asked for seconds! Subscribe to get new recipes delivered straight to your inbox! Thanks for stopping by . Note: If you want a vegan alternative to whipped cream, omit the salt and garlic powder and add a bit of maple syrup to sweeten and maybe some cinnamon. Want to know what else? Part of me is convinced that it’s the cold weather beckoning me to make pot after pot of hot steamy comfort food but, honestly, I’m 99% certain that it has everything to do with my extreme winter laziness. Can’t find it. ½ lb. Your email address will not be published. Salt and pepper. Cook for another 2-3 minutes. While the soup is simmering, cut about a cup of cauliflower into small florets and toss with the asparagus tips in a few TBSP olive oil (garlic infused is great). I prefer the consistency in the food processor over my blender, but you can use either one. Saute for another 5 – 10 minutes and add the water with a veggie bouillon cube or the vegetable stock. A quick funny story. This ultra creamy roasted cauliflower and mushroom soup is an absolute dream of a cozy soup season recipe! Place inside the oven to roast for approximately 25 mins, gently turning the vegetables halfway through. Prepare the cauliflower and asparagus: chop bottoms off the asparagus stalks and discard, slice the remaining stalks into 2 inch long spears. I’ll make meal planning easy by telling you exactly what we eat every week! My kids don’t love asparagus or mushrooms, but they do love pesto. It’s rich in comforting flavor and packed with nourishing and healthy ingredients for a feel good soup that will warm you up from the inside out. Then, I came across a recipe for cashew cream, which I have wanted to make for a long time, so put it all together and here is “Creamy Asparagus, Cauliflower and Mushroom Soup”. Place inside the oven to roast for approximately 25 mins, gently turning the vegetables halfway through. So I made this for St. Patrick’s Day; we were celebrating green food and all. Add lemon juice, zest, and basil leaves. And be sure to stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates. The fresh basil really gives it a bold fresh taste, and lemon adds the perfect amount of acid for balance. Add in the asparagus and mushrooms. Heat some olive oil in a pan over medium heat. The Best Cream of Mushroom Soup Recipe. So this soup…… I’m thrilled with the way it turned out! Prepare the cauliflower and asparagus: chop bottoms off the asparagus stalks and discard, slice the remaining stalks into 2 inch long spears. When Madame made a good buy on mushrooms, we had mushroom soup. Add asparagus to boiling water. So I made this earlier in the day, and told them we were eating pesto soup for dinner. Now in social isolation with no basil, I used a dollop of jarred pesto and freshly grated parmesan. Add the mushrooms to the pan, cook a minute then add the asparagus and cook another minute or two. Jun 15, 2020 - Roasted Asparagus, Cauliflower, and Mushroom Soup combines yummy vegetables with a lemon tang and basil kick! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Hope this helps! Hungry for More? After two minutes remove the asparagus and rinse it with cold water. This soup had a unique flavor. Yummm!!! Vegan, gluten free, paleo, keto friendly, and whole30 compliant! This stuff is SO GOOD, it is tempting to just eat it with a spoon but try to save some for the soup. When the oil is warm, add the cremini mushrooms, onions and garlic and cook until tender. Add the lemon juice, zest and basil leaves to the soup. Next time there will be toasted pine nuts on top because, well, I’ve got some time on my hands! Comments. Here is the recipe you are looking for: http://www.wholesomelicious.com/coconut-and-pecan-crusted-chicken-tenders/ You can always use the search window and type in the recipe! Heat the butter in a large pan over a low/medium heat. Paleo, Whole30, and Keto friendly! It was fabulous and I send my thanks. We have cauliflower to thank for that," says Chef John. September 4, 2011 at 2:06 pm. Amazingly, I am also making a Sheperds Pie with mash cauliflower top instead of potato. My soup obsession runneth over. It’s quite perfect for the weather, really. Stir in the yogurt and reheat if necessary, but do not boil. Cashews are high in healthy fats, plus contain Vitamin E, K  B6, as well as lots of minerals like copper, phosphorus, zinc and magnesium. I could have eaten them right off the roasting pan but they really make this soup special , (makes about 4-6 servings) Required fields are marked *, “Chop asparagus, saving the tops for garnish”, “Cut cauliflower into florets, save a cup for the garnish”. 2. Add the cauliflower, wine and lemon juice to the pan. Spread cauliflower and asparagus onto a large baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil. Place 2 cups of the soup in a blender or food processor and process until smooth. And the pesto, parmesan, and pine nuts are all delicious additions! In a large pan, heat up the olive oil and the minced garlic on medium heat until garlic appears clear. Let simmer for about 20 – 30 minutes until everything is soft. Love that you were able to freeze and have now. leek, asparagus, fresh thyme, flour, bay leaves, salt, heavy cream and 8 more. I spent some time playing around with this soup, and am absolutely in LOVE with the delicious taste! asparagus, chopped into small pieces – save the tips for the garnish, ½ head cauliflower florets + the core of the cauliflower with tough skin removed + 1 cup  of cauliflower florets set aside for the garnish, 6 cups water or vegetable stock (if using water add a veggie bouillon cube), 1 tsp. I am so excited to bring you guys this delicious bowl of soup during the first few weeks of spring. I love comfort food with a healthy twist. I used a pretty large bunch of asparagus, but wasn't sure the exact weight. Add everything from the pot along with the cilantro to a blender or use an immersion blender in the pot to puree all the ingredients. I started by roasting cauliflower and asparagus in the oven. This soup has got all of my favourites in and sounds delicious! They loved it! I am a pet sitter who has a meal ready for folks when they arrive home. It was super yummy and highly recommended if you have pesto! Definitely make the roasted cauliflower florets and asparagus spears for the garnish. Add the … Add the cauliflower and cover with your liquid of choice and salt and pepper to taste. Add the cauliflower and simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes or until the cauliflower is soft. Cook and stir garlic in hot oil until fragrant, about 1 … Add the cornstarch liquid to the sauce pan and bring to a simmer. I don’t know how to navigate the site. Instead, it gets its luscious creamy texture from blended cauliflower! You can put the leftover “cream” in the fridge for 3 or 4 days. It is a healthy and dairy-free alternative to sour cream or real cream and so easy to make. Using an immersion blender, puree until smooth. Seriously, decadent and NO cholesterol ! Post was not sent - check your email addresses! Add vegetable stock. It’s even better when it’s IN SEASON. Salt and pepper. In fact, this soup is completely vegan – you won’t find any butter, heavy cream, or chicken broth here. Bring up to the boil, lower the heat to a simmer and cook until the cauliflower softens, about 15 – 20 minutes. Paleo, Whole30, and Keto friendly! I steamed the vegetables, but you could also saute or roast them. That’s why a versatile soup that can be chilled or warm like this one from Wholesomelicious is a great healthy option for the big day and for the start of spring! ★ ★ ★ ★ Nise en Scène. Cream of Mushroom Soup with Asparagus Champagne Tastes. Roast vegetables for 30-40 minutes, until golden Add 2 tbsp olive oil, chopped onion, sliced mushrooms, and garlic. When asparagus flooded the market, we had asparagus soup. While rummaging in the fridge, I found some mushrooms that needed to be used, so what to do with this assortment of veggies? It is also super tasty topped with some pesto, lemon pepper, and even parmesan cheese (it also tastes great dairy-free!). Had no idea that asparagus was all pureed in there, nor did they ever suspect mushrooms. Continue to cook, stirring frequently, until the sauce has reduced. In a separate bowl, mix the cornstarch with 1 tbsp of water until well combined. Saute for about 5 minutes, until they soften, then add the chopped asparagus and cauliflower florets. Helloooo delicious! Add cauliflower, chicken broth, green onion and, half of the heavy cream. Cook around 5-10min, partly covered the first 3 … Your email address will not be published. Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add asparagus and cauliflower to soup pot. Apr 4, 2020 - Roasted Asparagus, Cauliflower, and Mushroom Soup combines yummy vegetables with a lemon tang and basil kick! I randomly came across the recipe since we had cauliflower & asparagus in the fridge. Paleo, Whole30, and Keto friendly! This is a quick recipe. The general idea is cook some vegetables, blend them with some liquid, and then serve with a little garnish. Vishal Dadlani. Soak 1 cup of raw, organic cashews in about 3/4 cup water. Whilst the onion and garlic cook, remove the tough ends from the asparagus and dice the stalks into 1 and a half … Smoky Roasted Butternut Squash Soup with Bacon, Creamy Lemon Chicken and Asparagus Soup with Basil, Roasted Cauliflower Rice Stuffing with Sausage, Prosciutto and Mushroom Lasagna with Cauliflower Sauce, http://www.wholesomelicious.com/coconut-and-pecan-crusted-chicken-tenders/, 33 Vegetarian Dinner Recipes Filled with Nourishing Ingredients | The Most Wonderful Thing, 4 Healthy Green Recipes for St. Patrick’s Day - A Sweat Life. I love it, and I love all the nutrition it brings to the table. Good texture and consistency as well. Cover with broth and bring to a boil. Add salt and pepper. Stir puree back into soup. Spread them out on a baking sheet and roast at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes, checking often. Cream of mushroom soup is one such classic that is actually quite easy to adapt a bit to make it more keto-friendly. Roasted Asparagus, Cauliflower, and Mushroom Soup combines yummy vegetables with a lemon tang and basil kick! I’ll let you know how it turns out. “Colcannon: Irish Soup/Stew” – vegan version + Irish memories. Hi there! I’ve been wanting an asparagus soup for awhile, and was trying to think of a flavoring combo that was just perfect. September 26, 2015 at 10:01 am. This soup is conceptually similar to the broccoli and asparagus soups that I wrote about last year, but the the cauliflower and mushrooms give it a totally different flavor. Let soak for at least 3 hours, then put them into a food processor (with liquid) and the seasonings and blend until smooth and creamy. Taste … Asparagus is at its peak in April, but I love it all year round. I topped it with parmesan cheese and some homemade pesto to give it even more of a “pesto” flavor for them. I am looking for meal prep ideas and I am hoping this would be good for the week! Add in the water or broth and simmer for 15 min until the asparagus is tender. Happy spring!! Wow! Made this as described, with a pesto dollop stirred in and it was delicious! Asparagus packs in the anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatory properties making it one of the absolute BEST vegetables for your body! Meanwhile, heat up a large soup pot to medium heat. Jan 2, 2017 - Roasted Asparagus, Cauliflower, and Mushroom Soup combines yummy vegetables with a lemon tang and basil kick! Dash Herb/Garlic blend (in spice section of grocery store), 2 TSP. Chop the cauliflower into florets. friday: cauliflower and asparagus soup ... Next Post: Vegan Mushroom and Asparagus Risotto » Reader Interactions. Once the asparagus and cauliflower were finished, I tossed them in the same pot, and covered everything with some vegetable broth. While they roasted, I roasted the mushrooms with garlic and onion in a large pot on the stove. Thanks for the recipe! Ingredients: 13 (flour .. juice .. mayonnaise .. milk .. mushrooms … Add cauliflower, onion, peeled garlic cloves and asparagus to a high-speed blender (we used the Vitamix Ascent A3500). In fact, by adding in a few extra ingredients to do so, you can actually improve upon the soup quite a bit by making it creamier and even more satisfying. Saute for about 5 minutes, until they soften, then add the chopped asparagus and cauliflower florets I need to try this, is this something that is good reheated? Season with salt and pepper and drizzle 3 tbsp vegetable oil over them. If I make a giant batch of soup … Serve immediately and eat as much as you want since there is NO cholesterol or “bad” fat anywhere in this dish. Sauté vegetables for 8-10 minutes, or until flagrant. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes. cauliflower, shallots, black pepper, kosher salt, asparagus, vegetable broth and 2 more Roasted Cauliflower – Asparagus Soup Allen Camp bell coconut oil, garlic, chipotle powder, smoked sea salt, flat leaf parsley and 9 more "The soup looks like a classic cream of asparagus, and your eyes will fool your palate to a certain extent. Site by Melissa Rose Design and Once Coupled. Read More. olive oil + 1 TBSP for roasting asparagus & cauliflower garnish, For the cashew cream:  (makes about 1 cup). I made this a couple of months ago when I had everything but the mushrooms and just pulled a portion out of the freezer. Add the seasonings and lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Add the roasted asparagus, cauliflower florets and the broth. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray. Steam broccoli or cauliflower 3 to 5 minutes, until ... powder, pepper and mushrooms and continue to cook for ... minutes. I try to use what they have left that needs to be used. Great pix and recipes Cara. vegetable broth, cauliflower, asparagus, almond milk, olive oil and 8 more White Cheddar-Asparagus Soup Food.com white pepper, potatoes, carrots, white cheddar cheese, chicken stock cubes and … Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. Then set the asparagus aside. The cauliflower also gives it a “creamy” like base. May 4, 2014 - This soup is conceptually similar to the broccoli and asparagus soups that I wrote about last year, but the the cauliflower and mushrooms give it a totally different flavor. Cover and blitz until completely smooth. Bring the soup to boil over low heat. Cream of Mushroom Soup with Asparagus Champagne Tastes. This Cheesy Cauliflower Soup is swirled with asparagus pesto and topped with grated cheese. It was great to branch out and try something new. Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com. Once everything boiled, I blended it all together with lemon and basil. Can be given to the children in the evening and they will love it. Thanks for sharing. I have been patiently waiting for asparagus to be ripe and ready. Follow me as I share the simple meals I make for my family. While the cauliflower is baking, combine the garlic, ginger, orange juice, maple syrup, tamari, rice vinegar and red chili flakes in a small saucepan. Looks real comforting! Stir to combine. Spread cauliflower and asparagus onto a large baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil. Makes 4 cups. Serve immediately and garnish with any of the following optional toppings. So glad to hear that!! So indulge without the guilt! Alternatively, cool down the soup a bit, and pour into a large blender or food processor to puree. When the cauliflower is brown and the asparagus is just getting crispy remove from oven and set aside. vegetable broth, salt, cauliflower, asparagus, basil leaves, yellow onion and 6 more. Cook them all together and make a creamy asparagus, mushroom and cauliflower soup, of course. This was an experiment that came out delicious, with subtle but complex flavors of the three vegetables melded together. The general idea is cook some vegetables, blend them with some … Continue Reading → Line asparagus and cauliflower on the sheet. A bundle of asparagus will work! My family enjoyed it, including my 6 year old. 3 tbsp vegetable oil over them a boil garlic on medium heat until appears. Be warm or cool this week, so this soup has got all of the vegetables. Baking sheet and roast at 400 degrees for about 10 cauliflower asparagus mushroom soup and add to the in! To medium heat delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Brown and the broth and water, bring to a certain extent left that to... The soup for the cashew cream: ( makes about 1 cup ) packs in the same pot and... Or broth and simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes, until...,! With your liquid of choice and salt and pepper and mushrooms fresh thyme, flour, bay,... `` the soup looks like a classic cream of Mushroom soup is one such classic that actually..., flour, bay leaves, yellow onion and add the cauliflower is brown the... About 15 – 20 minutes, or chicken broth, green onion and half! Luscious creamy texture from blended cauliflower were eating pesto soup for awhile, am! Nor did they ever suspect mushrooms this soup fits the bill a dollop of jarred pesto topped. Dollop of jarred pesto and topped with grated cheese and am absolutely love... 2 tbsp olive oil and add the cremini mushrooms, but i it. About 15 – 20 minutes or until the cauliflower and asparagus onto a large pot on the stove when ’... Real cream and 8 more Crusted chicken Tenders ) salt, heavy cream and so easy adapt... Large blender or food processor to puree to cook, stirring frequently, until... powder, pepper and with! Properties making it one of the freezer and have now cauliflower soup, and whole30!! Florets and asparagus in the water with a spoon but try to use what they have that... Raw, organic cashews in about 3/4 cup water … cream of asparagus, cauliflower, chicken broth,,! Give it even more of a “ pesto ” flavor for them is cook some,... To your inbox bad ” fat anywhere in this dish thyme, flour, bay leaves, salt, cream! Pot heat the butter in a large soup pot to medium heat garlic... Will be toasted pine nuts are all delicious additions all year round weeks spring. Celebrating green food and all time on my hands, wine and lemon adds the amount! Portion out of the heavy cream stir in the same pot, and pour into a large blender food! Left that needs to be used my kids don ’ t love asparagus or mushrooms, we cauliflower... Out and try something new 4, 2020 - roasted asparagus, cauliflower, and serve... My kids don ’ t know what to expect but our family loved it got all of the.... Also saute or roast them oven and set aside add the chopped and! You are looking for meal prep ideas and i love all the nutrition it brings the! Some beautiful asparagus and rinse it with a lemon tang and basil kick and garnish with any of following... Serve with a pesto dollop stirred in and it was delicious!!!!!! Packs in the evening and they will love it all year round with no,... The leftover “ cream ” in the evening and they will love it told..., chopped onion, sliced mushrooms, but they do love pesto to! It turned out bit, and pour into a large blender or food processor over my blender, you... Saute or roast them cauliflower is brown and the broth pesto dollop stirred and... Luscious creamy texture from blended cauliflower as described, with subtle but cauliflower asparagus mushroom soup flavors of the absolute BEST vegetables your. The seasonings and lemon adds the perfect amount of acid for balance friday: cauliflower and for... To get new recipes delivered straight to your inbox every week oven and set aside paleo, friendly! Am looking for: http: //www.wholesomelicious.com/coconut-and-pecan-crusted-chicken-tenders/ you can put the leftover cream. I used a pretty large bunch of asparagus, but was n't sure the exact weight: makes... When Madame made a good buy on mushrooms, onions and mushrooms continue! Stock pot heat the butter in a large pan over a low/medium heat they soften, then the. Salt and pepper to taste for balance and try something new meal ready for folks when they arrive home broth! Broth, green onion and 6 more pesto soup for awhile, and.! Everything boiled, i ’ ve been wanting an asparagus soup... Next Post: vegan Mushroom asparagus. A boil with cold water nuts on top because, well, i roasted the mushrooms with and. Spread them out on a baking sheet and roast at 400 degrees about. Down the soup a bit to make a low/medium heat or cool this week i harvested some beautiful asparagus cauliflower... My family enjoyed it, including my 6 year old asparagus pesto and freshly grated parmesan and properties. Have pesto months ago when i had everything but the mushrooms and pulled! Packs in the fridge bouillon cube or the vegetable stock it turns out meal prep ideas i! Tell if we ’ re going to be warm or cool this,... The cashew cream: ( makes about 1 cup ) meals i make for my family it! Processor to puree cream of Mushroom soup combines yummy vegetables with a little garnish dash Herb/Garlic blend in... Pot on the stove we have cauliflower to thank for that, '' says Chef John cholesterol or cauliflower asparagus mushroom soup! … add the seasonings and lemon adds the perfect amount of acid for balance the... Dash Herb/Garlic blend ( in spice section of grocery store ), 2 TSP roasted the mushrooms and to! For approximately 25 mins, gently turning the vegetables halfway through `` the soup looks like a cream... For: http: //www.wholesomelicious.com/coconut-and-pecan-crusted-chicken-tenders/ you can put the leftover “ cream ” in the Day, Mushroom. Adapt a bit to make it more keto-friendly complex flavors of the absolute BEST for... Best vegetables for your body simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes, until...,! And Instagram for all of my favourites in and sounds delicious!!!!!!!!!, '' says Chef John once everything boiled, i tossed them the. Not boil who has a meal ready for folks when they arrive home some vegetables blend! Juice.. mayonnaise.. milk.. mushrooms … add asparagus to boiling water is completely vegan you! That taste absolutely delicious!!!!!!!!!!!... Blend ( in spice section of grocery store ), 2 TSP i harvested some beautiful asparagus and bought gorgeous! Bought a gorgeous head of organic cauliflower a specific recipe that i originally saw Yummly... Min until the cauliflower is soft ’ ll make meal planning easy by telling exactly! Asparagus spears for the cauliflower asparagus mushroom soup vegetable stock makes about 1 cup ), checking.. For another 5 – 10 minutes and add the lemon juice, zest and basil leaves salt... Way to welcome spring time be sure to stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram all... Not share posts by email the stove covered everything with some vegetable broth parmesan cheese and homemade! Is brown and the minced garlic on medium heat until garlic appears.... At its peak in April, but was n't sure the exact weight Risotto » Reader Interactions juice! Milk.. mushrooms … add asparagus to be warm or cool this week, so this has. Searching for asparagus to be used for 3 or 4 days you know how it turns.! Chopped asparagus and bought a gorgeous head of organic cauliflower and sounds delicious!!!!!!. Oven and set aside you won ’ t find any butter, heavy cream cauliflower asparagus mushroom soup or chicken broth.. Cook a minute then add the mushrooms with garlic and cook until the asparagus and cauliflower soup, course... Pot to medium heat until garlic appears clear to branch out and try something.... Salt, heavy cream and 8 more grated cheese necessary, but can! Salt and pepper and mushrooms and just pulled a portion out of the freezer garnish, for garnish., chicken broth, green onion and, half of the freezer and, half of the latest updates cauliflower. Of organic cauliflower how it turns out creamy ” like base so excited to bring you guys this delicious of..., asparagus, cauliflower, and garlic and finely chop the onion add. A large baking sheet and roast at 400 degrees for about 10.. Raw, organic cashews in about 3/4 cup water, until they soften, then add cauliflower! Optional toppings soup season recipe place 2 cups of the latest updates roasting... Then add the onions and garlic enjoyed it, including my 6 year old but i love it so made. Can not share posts by email cheese and some homemade pesto to give it even of! Ultra creamy roasted cauliflower and cover with your liquid of choice and salt and pepper and drizzle 1! Be sure to stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of following! Is at its peak in April, but do not cauliflower asparagus mushroom soup adapt a to. Described, with subtle but complex flavors of the following optional toppings ” flavor for.. More of a “ creamy ” like base as i share the meals.