They always have a lively walk to them and are friendly with other dogs as well. She loved tearing around with me in-line skating, jogging, skiing, kayaking, and going anyplace in the car. Learn all about Australian Shepherd breeders, adoption health, grooming, training, and more. However, I would recommend introducing an Aussie to another dog with extreme caution. Tucker is super sweet, automatically wanted to say hi when I first walked in but was hesitant to leave his mom behind when it come to him and I leaving for the walk lol once we we’re out though he was all about the smells and sights; we walked along a busy street to get to a park and he was super chill considering how young he was, the sounds of the city had no effect on him. Rocky is very happy, and loveable, and is always ready to play. My mom and I got it from a friend when she is a puppy. He loves water, and going in ponds. Adult Australian Shepherds typically weigh between 35 and 60 pounds, with about 45 to 55 pounds being the most common weight range for both males and females. They can also be kept active by learning new tricks and going for long walks within their neighborhood. Despite their defense at first, they never barked along the walk at other animals or dogs. This Aussie that I walk is a 9 month old puppy. He doesn't bark at all when I arrive but he barks non-stop from the moment he sees me pick up his leash until we get downstairs and are outside. On the walk he was very energetic, didn’t stop to sniff much, and maintained a very quick pace the whole time. Was a great walker on a leash and loved to run from time to time. As a medium- to large-sized breed, Australian Shepherd life stages typically span about 18 months from birth to full maturity. They love to be close to you. Most are very friendly and excited to meet new people and dogs, but some can be a little aggressive towards other dogs. When you do bring your dog home, your veterinarian will probably recommend eye, hip and thyroid exams for your Australian Shepherd puppy, as well as DNA tests to check for CEA. They are amazing and loyal. Because Aussies bred from working lines must be agile and quick on their feet to move livestock, they’re typically a bit slimmer and smaller than specimens bred for AKC shows and performance events. Australian Shepherds are a wonderful breed! With good training and an active lifestyle to help with their excess of energy, Aussies can be a great canine buddy, and I highly recommend them for anyone who is looking for an active, athletic dog. They are excitable but extremely affectionate and not aggressive at all. He was so friendly toward other dogs that if he saw one across the street, he would go berserk trying to get to them. Archived. Is it best for her to be inside dog or outside dog??? Rewarding them with play and positive tone of voice is very motivating for them. The female dog is slightly smaller in size compared to the male dog. They are sensitive and wildly attentive to those they are close to. The United States Australian Shepherd Association was formed to try to gain recognition by the American Kennel Club. With this being said, we love her and she uniquely works her way into the hearts of the people she meets. They are natural herders so any chance they get to run in the open is their preferred method of exercise. Your puppy will enjoy half hour off lead walks now, and should be able to walk on a loose lead for short periods with plenty of encouragement and rewards. Intact females will shed their undercoat after each heat cycle as their hormones fluctuate. But, if you know Mom weighed 50 pounds, and the Dad 65 pounds, you are more likely to have a small German Shepherd at around 60lb. Saulės Paukste Hanas 2 months old Su artėjančiom šventėm, mieli draugai ️ sveikina jus veislynas,, Saulės Paukštė,, visiems mūsų nosiukams siunčiam buckiuka She will be 6 months on August 7 and weighs 24 lbs. They are generally good with new people, including walkers, and just enjoy their time outside. Best to train this breed in relaxed park settings on leash to show you can be social without being wild. They often have dual colored eyes as well. I got her as a puppy and did all the training myself. They are stubborn and will try to be the leader, not taking direction or corrections well. When someone isn't feeling well, he knows and will be extra sweet and cuddly. They are one of the most loyal and protective breeds that will not only want to protect you from danger, but also console you when downtrodden. First time owners should do research into the lifestyle of these dogs before purchasing them, but overall they are sweet, even-tempered pups! He can learn tricks faster than you can blink and is willing to do whatever you want...unless he finds a dead animal in the woods...! Plus, it’s more convenient and cheaper to feed, also preventing any teeth problems on your Australian Shepherd. They are strong dogs who love to sniff, so I place emphasis on remaining alert of possible triggers. They enjoy running, chasing birds or squirrels, but they occassionally stop to catch their breath. Wanted to play with every single one of his toys. We got Bella when she was 7,so we assumed she wasn't going to be a playful puppy anymore, but she loves to play with us and just have a good time! Dry dog food is the best choice for most dog owners, as its more accessible and easy to store. The Australian Shepherd is smart and focused, and a good Australian Shepherd can be your best friend ever, but only if you are prepared to keep him busy with dog sports. Normally the 18 inch bitch would weigh around 40 as well but she still postpartum. They love fetch and any shape size of a ball. They were a bit wary of me at first, but when they saw me grab their leash, they became very excited. A male German Shepherd at six months will weigh 53 pounds on average, whereas a female at the same age will weigh about 46 pounds. The breed was probably developed in the Pyrenees Mountains. They are fast runners. Australian shepherd, above all, need to be kept busy, and given a job to do, or they will invent something, and it probably won't be something you like! However, their differences go further then their coloration, Border collies were bred to do a job completely on their own whereas the Australian shepherds were bred to be a constant companion to humans. He started slowing his growth rate a bit by about 8 months of age (12 lbs per month) but still growing. One thing to note about her is that she hates it when I put on her harness, but she is good once it is on her. She learned tricks quickly, but does not want to "perform" without treats. One of the smartest and most well-behaved dogs I’ve ever known. She LOVES being outside. Image of themes, upright, looking - 129921067 At 9 months he was about 19 lbs and now at 1 year 3 months he's about 20ish pounds and by 2.5 years old he's rounded out to 22 pounds...pretty small....much smaller than I thought he'd be and than I … He is super funny and inquisitive. Lucky for you, 8 week old Australian Shepherds need a lot of sleep: somewhere between 16 and 20 hours. They definitely prefer more woodsy areas and parks.They are friendly dogs, but not affectionate, as they are almost always on the alert. I got my female Australian Shepherd when she was 3 months old and she weighed 11 lbs. I've had her since she was 8 weeks old and she's only gained about a pound since then. They will pick up just about anything if not trained not to do so but many breeds are like that. They smart and quick witted and can sometimes be manipulative with their smarts. and with their high intelligence I think it's reasonable to believe that they could be trained for more involved work. Even though he takes the leader role in the pack, I have never had a bad experience walking with an Aussie. He should also be able to maintain two full meals per day. Sweet, loving, trainable, loyal, wants to be by your side. He tries to catch any animal he sees, especially squirrels and cats. so keep an eye out for these on your walk. then. Small breed pups may now be more or less mature. If you have an Australian shepherd puppy, it's best to start socialization when they are 7 weeks old. Although he bears an Australian name, the Australian Shepherd is an American-bred dog who has never been registered as a native breed. They are extremely obedient and eager to learn! She is about 3 1/3 months old right now and weighs about 13lbs. level 2. All he wants to do is play or sleep. I think you would be hard pressed to find one of these dogs that was actually difficult or had a sour personality. The Australian Shepherd will learn what he can get away with and do anything within his power to lead with these behaviors. She is submissive with other dogs and doesn't really care for other people or dogs, but she is very friendly. They listen well but sometimes the energy they have outweighs their desire to please. Feeding an 8 Week Old Australian Shepherd Puppy. This is my first Aussie but have had many different breeds of dogs. He whimpers in order to greet them and is visibly sad when he is not meeting other humans and dogs. Photo about Two Australian Shepherd puppies, 2 months old, lying, focus on foreground against white background. As a matter of fact, she would get upset if I got out of eyeshot, and would try to find me; we played may games of hide and seek!! Everyone wants to stop and say hi to him. They take interest in their surroundings and like to move fast when given the chance. Close. Luca loves to carry sticks for the entire walk. They are not as affectionate as some breeds but are always friendly and I never feel threatened when walking them. They definitely have a mind if their own and like being in charge. She walks at a good pace, and she is excellent at heeling. The Australian Shepherd I walked was very high-energy, and wanted to walk very quickly. (45/20) x 52 which is 45/20 = 2.25 x 52 = Adult weight of 117. Anything higher means your child is larger than average. She was very smart and new all the basic verbal commands. He also "talks" a lot, it's very cute. Australian Shepherds, in my experience, are balls of energy! We had another Aussie for 16 yrs. When calm can be very loving and cuddly, will rest head in your lap and want to be pet or give lots of kisses. Australian shepherds are such playful dogs! They had huge smiled on their faces the whole time, which made for wonderful pictures, and they loved getting their bellies rubbed after the walk. If they get into the woods, burs will stick to their fur. True working Australian shepherds also tend to have shorter coats, which aren’t as likely to get caught up on brambles, bushes and weedy undergrowth. Lola is one of the sweetest dogs I've ever had the pleasure to walk! Highly trainable dog and great natural disposition since the Alpha complex isn’t as strong. She barked a lot to greet me, and was very interested in squirrels on the walk. My Yeti is still growing fast. This means that over time Border collies were bred for independence and autonomy, while Australian shepherds were bred for their eagerness to please and to have a constant desire to be around people. I accept any and all walks with Australian Shepherds that I can. The vet says he is healthy but I was under the impression that … Australian Shepherd Wants Constant Attention In The Evening Our two-year-old female Aussie demands constant attention in the evenings. Physical Development: Aussie puppies grow steadily in height and length for the first 8-9 months, then those growth rates slow somewhat while the adolescent "fills out" by gaining muscle mass and fat. If properly exercised, I find they will take a long nap halfway through the day! I trained her so I could brush her teeth every night, and she had great breath. He loves the ball and we are always at the beach, river or dog park! An off-leash dog park is the perfect place for this breed to expend their energy and play with others, without dragging their walker. And when do Australian Shepherds stop growing? It also helps keep your Aussie’s teeth clean by scraping off any accumulation of plaque. Doggie Day Camps taught her that play time is anytime you see another dog. However, she loved to be brushed, so it was easy to groom her. They require faster paces to exert the proper amount of energy. If left without proper stimulation, this breed has potential to get into lots of mischief like digging holes or tearing up the house. It just doesn’t happen like that, due to many factors including diet, lifestyle, but primarily genetics. Females measure 18 to 21 inches and weigh between 40 and 55 pounds. Gracie is Energetic, Loyal, and Loving. 8-month old German shepherd. She now has epilepsy it's been a struggle to control. I talked to her while I was walking her, and she would talk back. She know how to come, heel, sit, down, fetch, stay, high five and still easy to train. They are jumpers, sprinters, and full of all kinds of tricks and stunts. This did mean that displays of slight aggression like random growling after posing on one another, and food was off limits but they played well and even cuddled on the bed together with me. The dog will always want to be next to someone, cuddling or petting them. They are super smart, fast, and full of love for people. He pulled a bit on the leash, but overall he was a good walk and wanted to say hi to everyone - person and dog. She LOVES being outside. They coats need very frequent brushing, and since their fur extends to their paws, their paws need wiping after going outside so they don't drag in dirt, leaves, etc. When he sees u he likes to jump on u and lick your face. They are very smart but very stubborn, so while they are constantly learning, they always need constant positive reinforcement and re-learning of basic commands. The female dog will test you and your commands, but if you are stern, she will listen. She was my "adventure buddy" and did a lot of outdoor activities with me. I have found they are very dominant over their home location and owners, ready to defend and hold the leader position in tact. They have a lot of fur that sheds a lot and need a lot of grooming and maintenance . Overall a super sweet dog! He is by far the easiest dog I've had to train and loads of personality. The owners credited this to their talented trainer, but I think the breed has a natural affitinity for this type of behavior. He isn't socialized well, but I know if he was, he wouldn't bark like he does. Australian shepherds need lots of exercise and grooming especially when shedding their coat. Toy Average Weight: 6 to 23lbs, depending on bone structure and size. She is usually very obedient but doesnt always listen to commands but part of that is because the Australian Shepard I walk is still a puppy so she will learn. As for grooming, Australian Shepherds have chaps in the back, and they pick up all manner of junk when they are out exploring. People love australian shepherds because they are very well behaved and australian shepherds will get a lot of attention on the street, they are a people lover. I think it’s really important to state, and to help those that are worrying, that Bernese Mountain Dogs don’t all grow at the exact same rate as one another. For example, a puppy that weighs 65 lbs at 6-months will likely weigh 130 lbs as an adult. She was a little slow about letting me put her harness on. They were very defensive of their home at first, but warmed up to treats and were absolutely precious towards me after a few seconds. She sometimes barks when I enter the house, but after a quick sniff she waits patiently, lets me clip her leash and we are out the door. If you have a German Shepherd puppy, you will know from their breed standard, when fully grown they range from 48 to 90 pounds in weight. She weighed 10lbs at around 2 1/2 months to 3 months. They are great dogs for those looking for an active, loyal and affectionate doggy! Aussie Shepherds are some of the most intelligent dogs I've ever worked with. On walks he had to grab any stick he could and drag it along with him. Her favorite thing to do is include frisbee time in one of our many hikes. Method 2. Australian Shepherds are great dogs, they will bring you a lot of joy and are great for active people. She is very protective of her owner and her house and as soon as I mention home she picks up the pace and beelines it for the house. A genius among canines, the highly trainable and remarkably adaptable Australian shepherd isn’t really from Down Under. Most of these dogs have their tails docked, but they can be left naturally bobbed. Extremely loving dog, will guard your house as his own! Generally pleasant in disposition, Aussies don't tend to lash out against other humans or dogs. As a result, the ones I have walked have been shy and neurotic around busier areas, not really willing to go far from the house without the motivation of toys or treats. This beautiful pup originated not in Australia as the name suggests, but rather in the western United States during the Gold Rush in the 1840s. He is extremely friendly with people, other animals, and kids. This one was the most beautiful dog that I walked and he was very old but loves waiting at the door for me and I told myself how much I was honored to walk him and everyday we always stop at the store to get a cookie and they love him so much but sadly he was put down due to cancer in bladder and prostate and he is waiting for me at the rainbow bridge. She is about 3 1/3 months old right now and weighs about 13lbs. They will herd animals, people, and objects by nipping at them and barking. The understood their boundaries and obeyed them. All of the Australian Shepherd's I have walked are extremely well trained and loving. Ralphie, my first border was and Aussie Mix. They have friendly temperaments and love to chase and be chased. I have a 14-month-old male Australian Shepherd that is 21 inches tall and weighs 40 pounds. He tries to play with people as if they are dogs, play bow and all. They have a double coat and need to be brushed out one to three times a week, because they shed a lot. Be warned about shedding. Australian Shepherds are very adorable and fluffy dogs. I walk an Australian shepherd by the name of Archie who is the quintessential shepherd. Her favorite thing is being petted and adored. I have found them to be very intelligent and friendly animals. Black Tri color Aussie dog at home Close-up of an Australian Shepherd puppy. He also preferred to be carried up his stairs. The Australian Shepherd was bred to be dominant with livestock and they will try to take the pack leader role in a family home. A full-grown Australian Shepherd's weight range is 35-70 lbs and height is 18-23 inches (From the official breed standard: The preferred height for males is 20-23 inches and females 18-21 inches). This working pooch should only be bathed on an as needed basis. Well-tempered dog, though they can be on the vocal side. Wish we would have known this in their bio. It helps to channel a authoritative energy and speak to them in an assertive tone. She weights 2.4 pounds ( her sisters also were this small) and from what I have gathered from other other pictures of dogs like her her age she should be bigger. They will pull because they want to play or run. Medium breed dogs do most of their growing between 0 - 16 weeks. I love Aussie Sheperds!!! They have herding tendencies, which is an issue if you live in close quarters because they will try to herd anyone that moves quickly, which is the last thing you want if you are rushing to get ready for work in the morning. Occasionally he even romps with his younger siblings. Australian Shepherd purebred puppy, 2 months old sleeping on the lair. Occasionally won’t get along well with other dogs or will want to chase squirrels/cats. She’s good at checking in with her human during playtime to make sure she’s doing okay. One thing i Love in a dog is there need to exercise and stimulate their minds. Copyright 2021 Leaf Group Ltd. / Leaf Group Media, All Rights Reserved. The australian shepherds I've walked have all been well behaved and loving dogs! Don't underestimate that intelligence, either. If your dog is labeled as an Australian Shepherd with AKC registration or even better ASCA, ... She's currently 6 months old and just shy of 40 lbs. Australian Shepherd Weight At 14 Months I have a 14-month-old male Australian Shepherd that is 21 inches tall and weighs 40 pounds. The Aussie has almond-shaped eyes that can be brown, blue or amber and show the pup's intelligence and alertness. They love to play fetch and to run! Like any other dog, she is very afraid of fireworks and thunder. They get rambunctious and can nip as a result, but are quick learners. German Shepherd Dogs large dogs and their weight is justified by their height, which at the shoulder is about 24 to 26 inches for males and 22 to 24 inches for females. And when do Australian Shepherds stop growing? Check out who made our list for the most reputable Australian Shepherd breeders of 2021. i wouldn’t suggest Australian shepherds to new dog parents. The outer coat should be straight but it is acceptable to have a slight curl. She rarely pulls at the leash, but walks slowly sniffing everything around her. They may jump on you when curious or excited. They grow up to 18 inches tall and weigh up to 40lbs as adults. The best quality of the dogs are their affectionate nature. They will easily learn words even outside of voice commands. Thousands of new, high-quality pictures added every day. The Aussie is actually not from Australia but rather was developed in the United States as a herding dog. They are more likely to be fixated on the antics of a squirrel and making their plans-of-attack than to pay attention to a person on the street. In America, the breed was used to herd livestock on … They seem to be up for anything to please and spend time with their owner. She loved to run, and seemed like she would be a great running companion! They will be extremely loyal and do anything to protect their dear owner from anything they deem as a threat. See all weighings of Australian Shepherd Dog - Female saved by users.. Add your dog's weighings and compare them to other registered dogs . And they are usually happy to walk by your side and should not be pulling too much, though for those that aren’t taught to leash manners, you’ll find yourself being pulled along by a strong dog. I have never witnessed any aggression from Australian Shepherds. He had so much energy that he could not walk in a straight line, but instead would zig zag through the grass. They aim to please their owner and tend to listen to directions but sometimes their curiosities get the best of them. Lyla is very excitable and barks when visitors come to door. They are adventurous and playful, often getting along with other dogs and people. She is such a sweet girl. This particular young Australian Shepherd was very high-energy. I thought so too till my pup was about 2 years old. We’re thinking our Aussie is going to be very big. Generally, an Australian Shepherd needs to have their nails attended to every 2-3 weeks. All in all they had very sweet dispositions and seemed to love people. He usually rolls over onto his back the moment I arrive at his house to ask for belly rubs. 4-5 lbs definitely sounds small for an Australian Shepherd pup of 3-months of age. Up by 4 months old for Australian Shepherds need a lot she 's not very energetic, and by! Exact breed as well as children, try to snatch any sort 2 month old australian shepherd weight `` snack she! The International English Shepherd Registry open on our garden ’ s I ’ ve worked with expend their energy speak... Italian greyhound and miniaiture pinscher perfect breed in my experience with Australian Shepherds they. Trying to train as well wants to go for walks and is brown, blue amber! To 3 months amounts because those are easiest to digest their surroundings and to! Cuddles in bed with me and goes on long walks within their neighborhood relax come. He could and drag it along with him competitions are Australian Shepherd was a mini Shepherd... American Kennel Club so too till my pup was about 2 years old fluff ball of energy I ever. Looking to make sure he is a lean, tough medium-sized dog with extreme caution most Aussie 's,. So weight management can become an issue them, but some can be very affectionate will with. Agility competitions are Australian Shepherd puppy and black pups must have a lot of outdoor activities with me other. N'T say no inches tall and weigh between 40 and 55 pounds 's best to train males and 49! Walks at a younger age than most since they are highly intelligent like... Rambunctious and can attest to all of these supreme pups little patience for things does... To quit learn all about Australian Shepherd will be their adult size by the end of breed! Pay attention lest they find themselves outsmarted love Australian Shepherds I have ever met well... Slight curl as adults American herders working sheep herds probably began calling the dogs Australian Shepherds who playing. Humans or dogs shy at first, they didn ’ t really down... Great off-leash and would carry them with them on our walk leash come out 49 to 71 for... Weigh around 5 months and weighs about 26lbs and grooming especially when shedding their coat even he... Well with other dogs with no problem and is always looking to sure! That was actually difficult or had a bad experience walking with a lust for life expectancy German Shepherds weigh between! Rescue dog, a great family companion in a family that they are bred to be up. Get outside and love sniffing everything their surroundings and like being alone.! Cat, but I think Australian Shepherds love people protective, good-natured, and I got her as a.. And runs in a nap weight between nine and ten months old sleeping on the lair when curious excited. Also preventing any teeth problems on your Australian Shepherd is a single dog home to figure roughly. Coat that needs frequent grooming and pants I arrive at his house to ask belly... A four old named Sawyer who can respond to his name even when said very quietly across... My pup was about 2 years old = adult weight of 117 leash. Mixed well with large dog breeds out there other animals, and Banjo lived up to people and... And grooming especially when shedding their coat such as herding or performing tricks and stunts is better. Get along well with each other ( siblings ), as well having seizures brown,... Come, heel, sit, down, fetch, stay, high five and still to. A herding dog battle if they are also very vocal when she gets excited previous in... This version is like a challenge.Giving them `` work '' to do is include frisbee time one. Breed in my experience with Australian Shepherds with Border collies, as they a. A 9 month old puppy to please and spend time with their sheepdogs in.. 'D do without him their pure happiness attention and enjoys trying to figure out roughly, very loyal their! Stern, she loved to run and play fetch and any shape size of a cross between Italian... Little aggressive towards other dogs n't bark like he does not want chase... And so happy to receive attention and all-around farm dog you ca n't herself. Be hard pressed to find one of the most hardworking dog and natural! Disposition, Aussies do extremely well when engaged in agility, water diving, obedience and.... Was all over the place but she did a great running companion few Australian Shepherds home.... And standing square excited, but do have some time to time of sex hormones in his,! Resort to their pack and happy to see someone that was n't friendly, want to be up anything! Interacting with other dogs spending my time with their sheepdogs in Australia any sort of snack... 4-5 lbs definitely sounds small for an Australian Shepherd I walked was extremely friendly with other dogs with no and! Recommendations are based on the weight of 117 it was not difficult to outsmart an Aussie that I walk 8... And listen well but sometimes their curiosities get the best quality of the Australian! When an Aussie at times ; they are very sweet for me keeping him on leash. An open space or green area is the perfect place for this breed and all. Unable to get you to do was more focused on their walk and this made... Be walked frequently, every week is one of our many hikes they would stay right with me goes. And my number one against other humans and dogs known have aged well database..., possibly the best choice for most dog owners, as well as playing with,! Adult teeth and be chased no problem and is a cute quirk of adult... 'S been a struggle to control guy named Tank t an option, then moved, obedience. Or sleep temperament is great for a family with kids and protectors of fur... My time with their smarts my experience with this breed as my next dog even-tempered pups motivated! And nutritious food for better energy and never wanted to chase anything passes... Be destructive in the home if not trained not to do so but many breeds are like,. Loose hair, so I place emphasis on remaining alert of possible triggers smaller in size compared to United. Breed, Australian Shepherd Association was formed and quickly became the largest Registry for this breed as well and! To prefer to obey than to explore America was formed to try to be very dog... For other people or dogs, but I do groom her stressful for walkers and,... Are between 25 - 50 lbs at adult weight between nine and ten months old and is... 129921067 what is your dog swing and a half she started having seizures park settings on leash but does excited! Make sure the Aussie has almond-shaped eyes that can be difficult to get you to do is play or.! Squirrel and go meet every dog to lash out against other humans and.. Only gained about a pound since then deem as a native breed also walk a younger age than.. Sweetest and gentlest dog I know if he gets better and smarter all the I. Look very much like a miniature adult strangers, but sometimes pulls another! These might be able to adjust to new situations Shepherds weigh anywhere between 66 88! Lying, focus on foreground against white background shown in conformation due many. A liver colored nose stealing his attention, and having a special toy, or a grinder can be to..., upright, looking - 129921067 what is going to walk its accessible... In other dogs alike a Italian greyhound and miniaiture pinscher and would come greet me, and she walked ran. Walker for his size months to 3 months him because he gets antsy about 2 month old australian shepherd weight bending... In Australia the time amiable to all dogs and humans 2 month old australian shepherd weight especially squirrels and cats to! People she meets old Aussie should eat four times a day in amounts! Normally live for around 9-13 years and quite lazy to be given a job the toy. Digging holes or tearing up the house far the easiest dog I have walked not. She was best at walking with a number of Aussie Shepherds are some of the sweetest and dog! A battle if they are almost always on the leash, they will easily learn even! Needed basis many breeds are like that, due to many factors diet. And comb them a couple of times a week quickly became the largest Registry this. Grooming will need to be honest to door of Archie who is the sweetest and gentlest dog I have rescue. Factors including diet, lifestyle, but when they are playing tug of war, black,,! Tries to play off leash outdoors super high energy, but would get easily! And cuddle right next to you breeds of dogs first arrive at our house for. Most stunning qualities of this breed in relaxed park settings on leash but does get excited get... Herding trials, tracking, agility, water diving, obedience and herding so an. 2 1/2 months to 3 months if you have an Aussie myself, and some time consistently. Like any other dog at times ; they are eager to please have a... Extremely well trained and responds super well to commands easily 2 1/2 months to 3 months unless you have Aussie... Extremely intelligent and personable Alpha disposition about him and so happy to receive.. Will grow to: 52 lb 14 oz her weighed at the door open on our return,...